Follow his story

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
On my last journey i followed the story from waltz on his deathbed. Imo the old jake told two groups two different ways to reach the mine. He dont want that dick and julia meet each other on the way. So Dick went in from goldfield and Julia from the board house. Never take the same way you went in to get out. So it have to be a round Route until you enter the canyon where the seep spring at the end is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=327hEiE3XIM

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackLine

From where you got the " seep spring " clue ?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
BlackLine

From where you got the " seep spring " clue ?
images.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackLine

"... from that point you will have to follow the clues (to the mine ).... "

So , the seep spring is not related to the mine but to the roofless two room house . And yes , the seep spring is about 90 feet NW from the house , but not in a rocky canyon bed like in your video , but beside the " spur " boulder , in a grassy and brushy place . Also , the spring is at the entrance of a square stone corral .
If you would been at the right place , you should have seen the stone house on the lip of the cliff and the stone corral just in front of you .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my last journey i followed the story from waltz on his deathbed. Imo the old jake told two groups two different ways to reach the mine. He dont want that dick and julia meet each other on the way. So Dick went in from goldfield and Julia from the board house. Never take the same way you went in to get out. So it have to be a round Route until you enter the canyon where the seep spring at the end is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=327hEiE3XIM

IMO , there wouldn't existed a case to couldn't meet Dick with Julia on the way to the mine , if they would start their routes at the same time . The routes were different till a specific point before the mine . After , they should put together the different clues they had from Waltz , to make it easy to approach the mine .
Something went wrong in the relations between Dick Holmes and Julia Thomas , with the results we know today . By the way , Julia had more clues than Dick . Waltz gave the ore to Dick , in a deal to help Julia to find the mine , because believed Dick had more experience in the mountains .

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other

SPARTANOC

Jan 17, 2024
California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector w/ 15inch Double-D Waterproof
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the video I see what looks like a man-made sealed/walled up, wall. Looks to be very clever in melding with the surrounding rock-face. See attachment for said wall.
This reminds me of, the info from the past - relating to the notion that the Indians spent a Winter, sealing up the possible LDM mine - erasing any hint of someone there. It was said that, Caliche was used with stone to fill in the Mine. Question is; where is this wall?
-Spartanoc

SEALED LDM_marked.PNG

axer

Greenie
Aug 26, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 and White's TM 808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 1 foot by 2 foot by 3 foot of most rock weighs about 1000 pounds, these boulders look huge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread