Browns Cabin spring question

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc4261,

As you are going up Cane Spring Canyon and get to the ruin of Brown's cabin and the spring, ..... if you continue on past the spring (uphill) in a north, slightly northeast direction for about a mile you will come on 8-10 fairly deep down shafts and a tunnel or two back into the mountainside. This would be a ways east of the old dirt road and in a side canyon that eventually runs down and across that road. There are other shafts and diggings around there but you have to hunt them out of the thick brush.

Matthew

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc4261,

As you are going up Cane Spring Canyon and get to the ruin of Brown's cabin and the spring, ..... if you continue on past the spring (uphill) in a north, slightly northeast direction for about a mile you will come on 8-10 fairly deep down shafts and a tunnel or two back into the mountainside. This would be a ways east of the old dirt road and in a side canyon that eventually runs down and across that road. There are other shafts and diggings around there but you have to hunt them out of the thick brush.

Matthew

Thanks, Not the one I was looking for maybe the one im looking for is a placer but the gold had ot come form somewhere. But those mines do fit a piece of the puzzle.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Doc4261,

Matthew

those are the old laub mines... they were not gold mines though..i'd have to look through my notes to see what he was mining.....i believe he was in there in the 30's and 40's

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are the old laub mines... they were not gold mines though..i'd have to look through my notes to see what he was mining.....i believe he was in there in the 30's and 40's

Would be nice to know what was dug out of there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread