Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago, I was talking to a member of Search & Rescue at the Rendezvous. He said that many of Jesse's front teeth were broken in a way that didn't look like it was from the fall. He said that he wanted to look on top of the cliff for pieces of broken teeth. I haven't spoken to him since.

Mike

Good to see you haven't dropped off the face of the earth Mike.

I know nothing about forensics or anything, but it seems like it would be hard for someone to tell whether a person broke their teeth from a fall or from some other reason? The K.I.S.S. principle would suggest the explanation would be breaking your teeth from striking your face against rock.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you haven't dropped off the face of the earth Mike.

I know nothing about forensics or anything, but it seems like it would be hard for someone to tell whether a person broke their teeth from a fall or from some other reason? The K.I.S.S. principle would suggest the explanation would be breaking your teeth from striking your face against rock.[/QUOTE

He's just one of many. It's easy to get hurt out there. It's unforgiving country that must be respected.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the pics of the cliff. There would not have been a bunch of bouncing around. Pretty much a straight fall down to the ledge. If he hit the ledge with the back of his head, then a bunch of broken front teeth would be very suspicious. It was the opinion of the SSAR Member that Capen may have been hit with a stick or bat at the top of the cliff and pushed over.

Look how narrow that ledge is. If he was running or moving fast trying to get to his tent, when he pitched over the cliff, he would have fallen several feet out from the cliff and missed the ledge completely. Nothing concrete, but the guys' opinion did make sense when I looked at it closely.

But who knows?

Mike

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how many have actually been to the location. I've attached some good images of the exact location. The first three were taken about a week after SSAR found Jesse. The Google Earth image was downloaded February 2013 but the satellite image is from June 2012 so before the actual discovery. The area is pretty rough so the day pack could have been missed from ten feet away.

View attachment 1626063 View attachment 1626064 View attachment 1626065 View attachment 1626066

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

The most interesting thing I see is the dark water staining. I'm no expert, but I think that's manganese. Gold is sometimes found with manganese. I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse wasn't trying to get down that cliff, but instead was looking for the source of the manganese staining. Who knows? Maybe Jesse found the source and that was someone's "secret" spot. If that someone found Jesse at his secret spot, that might've lead to his demise.

P.S. I know that's one spot I won't be investigating.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all the posted sites I read over the years here on Tnet concerning the `Supes` It seems a lot of Hanky - Panky is still going on back there in the Wilderness if half of these theories prove true.... It's as if someone is actually looking out for Something(?),but so many of these theories continue after years of "mysterious deaths". I think anyone who heeds any of the warning from the stories would know to arm themselves while searching the `Supes` Can someone "guarding" these sites be soo loyal as to keep searchers away from any particular sites without getting the gold fever (or what ever they're guarding) from affecting them? Man's greed runs deep. Too many perish out there with no explanation but plenty of unsolved mysteries, There must be Something out there so precious as to "guard "it for decades..........Arm yourself out there. I continue reading these really interesting Post from you searchers who put boots on the ground out there. I put boots down on my own special site a few hundred miles away.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to site{ Treasures in America} and read about the 2 geoligists from Oregon who vanished in Nevada. This includes their gear,vehicles, cash and bodies. Being Cautious with other persons you don:t really know is not just good advice, but can be life saving. Gd luck and safety to all you t.hunters.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
What killed Jessie was information from bad books and no experience. Top that off with making bad decisions. A bad case of LDM fever.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Sarge - Jesse had almost every book that we have talked about - well read and notated, lots of maps, and this was not his first trip to the Supes.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
No, Sarge - Jesse had almost every book that we have talked about - well read and notated, lots of maps, and this was not his first trip to the Supes.

Mrs. O, what exactly was he looking for, on this particular trip?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread