question about mines

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
True, but the question was about canyon de fresco, this is the only source for that name that I am aware of.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still haven't found the reference to the mines on malapai. Are up from the one in squaw. Any book references? If they are known why is it so hard to find any good info on what sounds to be known.

Doc , there are not references in any map and stories for mine/s on Malapais .

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc , there are not references in any map and stories for mine/s on Malapais .

Weird it would be said , but nothing about them. Sounds like a good mystery but frustrating when trying to understand what has been found and what hasn't.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird it would be said , but nothing about them. Sounds like a good mystery but frustrating when trying to understand what has been found and what hasn't.

If on Malapais would been mines , then at least one would been depicted in older maps . There is none .
I don't understand why you have stuck at Malapais . Is where you have recognized to leads your research ? My advice is to move elsewhere .

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but the question was about canyon de fresco, this is the only source for that name that I am aware of.

Alan, check Barry Storm...Gonzales story...supposedly he was actually looking for a placer north of the Salt...which is how I like to take my Barry Storm stories...with a grain of salt...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you go to Ron Feldman's old LDM Forum (can't link from here), and do a search for "CANYON FRESCO", you will find a neat thread called "The Origins of Canyon Fresco"

Seems like you can find mention of "Canyon Fresco" in Thunder God's Gold by Barry Storm.

Enjoy - Mike

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall, Jim Hatt spent some time up on the Malapais. Check the THunter site he was part of.

Jim was all over the Supers, but Jim liked Tortilla Mountain.

Mike

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If on Malapais would been mines , then at least one would been depicted in older maps . There is none .
I don't understand why you have stuck at Malapais . Is where you have recognized to leads your research ? My advice is to move elsewhere .

I believe where there is one mine there are others. the one in squaw makes me believe there are others around . But u are right has been searched , would think there would be more about them if there were others up there. I like to know what has been found to find what hasn't. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A lot that im interested is north of the river. the 2nd part of the stone maps that no one understands tied directly to the latin heart proving that the Jesuits was not just above the gila but the salt river. No way they didn't know about the amethyst mine. Think about it hard. how could they of not known about it and them jewels get in royal crowns. hmm...

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive always liked this spot also , can see the circular vent at the top and what looks like some kind of protruding vein in the wall at the bottom left. View attachment 1641154

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of them ever paid off diddly squat. That's why the BIG corporate mine auger didn't turn the whole thing inside out then disappear later than sooner. With all of the smaller holes in them mountains they should have changed the name to The Swiss Cheese Mountains...or...The Empty Vienna Sausage Can In Or Around Another Hole Mountains. It's just embarrassing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread