question about mines

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read this ,

Also of interest is which deposit you consider the LDM. Is the LDM the Gold as described as stars in the night, or is it the gold one finds in The Peter`s Mesa area near a holy place that is epithermal in nature that has a high concentration of Tellurides.

One deposit that does not receive much discussion is actually composed of minerals associated with both epithermal and mesothermal deposits. This deposit is near Weaver`s Needle and seems to have been formed by a blow out from a volcanic vent. Beautiful rose quartz.

For me the bottom line is there are a number of LDM`s that range from Coffee Flat to Peter`s Mesa, Black top, the real Squaw Canyon, Peter`s Canyon, several canyon`s near the Salt River that branch off of Peter`s Canyon, both east and west, the Spanish Mines on Mailaipi, and several spots near Casa Grande, Horse Mesa, and other places in the NW portion of the Range.

I didn't know so many mines have been found, really wanta know about then if anyone has info on these and locations, would save a lot of time crossing of known mines .

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Just read this ,

Also of interest is which deposit you consider the LDM. Is the LDM the Gold as described as stars in the night, or is it the gold one finds in The Peter`s Mesa area near a holy place that is epithermal in nature that has a high concentration of Tellurides.

One deposit that does not receive much discussion is actually composed of minerals associated with both epithermal and mesothermal deposits. This deposit is near Weaver`s Needle and seems to have been formed by a blow out from a volcanic vent. Beautiful rose quartz.

For me the bottom line is there are a number of LDM`s that range from Coffee Flat to Peter`s Mesa, Black top, the real Squaw Canyon, Peter`s Canyon, several canyon`s near the Salt River that branch off of Peter`s Canyon, both east and west, the Spanish Mines on Mailaipi, and several spots near Casa Grande, Horse Mesa, and other places in the NW portion of the Range.

the first thing you need to know about lost mines...most of them have already been found and worked...most of the "lost mines" you read about were rich pockets close to the surface....they pinched down to a smaller vein and they quit working them...an experienced miner would have kept going and the vein would open up again...the goldfield area was full of rich pockets on the surface..no mine runs the same throughout the vein...

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just read this ,

the first thing you need to know about lost mines...most of them have already been found and worked...most of the "lost mines" you read about were rich pockets close to the surface....they pinched down to a smaller vein and they quit working them...an experienced miner would have kept going and the vein would open up again...the goldfield area was full of rich pockets on the surface..no mine runs the same throughout the vein...

Like this? :)

questions.jpg

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read this ,

I didn't know so many mines have been found, really wanta know about then if anyone has info on these and locations, would save a lot of time crossing of known mines .

where are these at?? the Spanish Mines on Mailaipi . and what is the real Squaw Canyon . didn't know there were 2.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where are these at?? the Spanish Mines on Mailaipi . and what is the real Squaw Canyon . didn't know there were 2.

This one has the sound of the ldm all over it. but never heard of this location. This deposit is near Weaver`s Needle and seems to have been formed by a blow out from a volcanic vent. Beautiful rose quartz.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doc are you Ok ?
You ask and answer to yourself .

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New squaw. Old squaw. Didn't know there was 2 but makes sense. Didn't know there were 2 black mountains till 6 months ago. U all talk about these places like pistol canyon. I'm like ok why had many spent time there .

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few of 'em Doc.

fresca1.jpg

fresco.jpg

fresca3.jpg

The two earliest maps call it Canyon Negra. I think it's pretty clear what canyon they are talking about.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still only know about one mine there the one in squaw, are there others ?

ORO18

Aug 17, 2017
everywhere/Phoenix AZ.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT w blue coil, minelab...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's because it's what they call the lost Peralta mines, you're right there are so many,it's the 18 specific mi es that he ran each barring a different mineral compsition.i believe his favorite was the one on the sacred mtn with gold as many as stars in the sky (placer deposit)

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still haven't found the reference to the mines on malapai. Are up from the one in squaw. Any book references? If they are known why is it so hard to find any good info on what sounds to be known.

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DOC there is no known mines located in the center of the stupes but there is no known lodes & placer inside of the so called Weavers needle. I can find some minimal gold in the area of pinto creek that was prospected by the chinese. The best I did was 8 ounces of gold.

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius ,you are one weird individual

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ink, please end the insults.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread