And........Its done. Mission complete

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying someone could get in a lot of trouble by dragging a GPR unit up and down those hills out there ?
If so, why wouldn't a professional ground surveying company know that ?

And we still haven't seen any pics of the 3-4 ft. deep hole that had to have been dug to get the "box".
Maybe someone can go out and get some shots of all that disturbed ground out there.

there was no mention that the ground was disturbed, even when the pros showed up?

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
One more thing while my brain is out. There is about 0% chance the CEO or whomever at Discovery interacted with anyone. Almost all the shows out there are made by production companies. I know. My family business has been on Food Network, and have been approached twice, once by Pilgrim Studios in Hollywood and once by Sharp Entertainment in Manhattan about doing a reality show.

Never once did we interact with any CEO of any network.

Talk about holes in the story. Holes in the ground. Holes in the story. I was born in the night but not last night mornin' glory.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Karma!
The sum of a persons actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One more thing while my brain is out. There is about 0% chance the CEO or whomever at Discovery interacted with anyone. Almost all the shows out there are made by production companies. I know. My family business has been on Food Network, and have been approached twice, once by Pilgrim Studios in Hollywood and once by Sharp Entertainment in Manhattan about doing a reality show.

Never once did we interact with any CEO of any network.

Talk about holes in the story. Holes in the ground. Holes in the story. I was born in the night but not last night mornin' glory.

No more implausible than "two of their top executives" of a GPR company coming out to personally redo the GPR survey themselves, when we know that considerable expertise is necessary to effectively design, conduct, and interpret GPR surveys. In other words, you'd have to be a trained GPR surveyor. Hardly something an executive would waste time doing.

Sites being prepped for GPR surveys must be cleared of vegetation and any other obstructions, as the GPR unit must be pushed in a straight line, back and forth, eventually forming a complete grid, so anomalies can be easier to interpret in context.

Seeing that the 1847 site still has plenty of cacti standing, it would be impossible for a GPR unit to be pushed in a straight line.

And how was permission for a GPR survey authorized and granted, and conducted in a national park on such short notice? Without the presence of an archaeologist?

And that "Blake," the GPR guy had, practically overnight, pawned or converted into cash, whatever he had found on site, purchased very expensive things and then moved out of state.

All within the space of a year or so?

For me, that wins the following award:

Golden-Poo.jpg

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
If you have a item buried 3 ft deep a regular metal detector won't pick that up. I have Ismael Jones personal modded mine lab 2000. Paired with a nugget finder 25 inch coil. That detector would. It air tests on a car engine at 12 ft. In the ground half that. Size does matter. That coil is as big as I care to carry. I can find metal coffins all day with that set up.
I'm just to lazy to dig a grave size hole. I lent that coil to a friend who used it in a gold field. He dug a strong signal Found the target at 5 ft It was a baseball size piece of natural copper. Not a happy camper. That was a all day dig. Sometimes you want to believe something so bad. But you dig and it's just junk. The desert is full of old junk buried deep. Makes you wonder how it got there.

Last edited:

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a item buried 3 ft deep a regular metal detector won't pick that up. I have Ismael Jones personal modded mine lab 2000. Paired with a nugget finder 25 inch coil. That detector would. It air tests on a car engine at 12 ft. In the ground half that. Size does matter. That coil is as big as I care to carry. I can find metal coffins all day with that set up.
I'm just to lazy to dig a grave size hole. I lent that coil to a friend who used it in a gold field. He dug a strong signal Found the target at 5 ft It was a baseball size piece of natural copper. Not a happy camper. That was a all day dig. Sometimes you want to believe something so bad. But you dig and it's just junk. The desert is full of old junk buried deep. Makes you wonder how it got there.

Hey that would be worth it if it was pretty. Time well wasted!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a big hit deep. For my detector anyways. Most deep hits are ignored ,unless trying to locate a specific deep target ,which is rarely the case , but this deep one rang up sweet...And who knows?
Dug a test hole a bit too much over a foot to find anything and spotted silver/chrome look. Opened it up some more and could see enough to puzzle about. A big wrench maybe?
Opened it up more and......Filled my hole in after glimpsing a sink edge of a stainless counter top.

Not the first time curiosity equaled too much diggin for a "yikes ,leave it be". But I'm slowly learning that leaving them deep serendipity type ones alone and just speculating is easier...

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Watching Treasure Quest. Snake Island. Old Cork looking for the Jesuit treasure. Just how many Jesuit treasures are there. Why do they have such a big problem keeping track of them. Where did they get this treasure to begin with. Wayne's kid just got back from Spain. The Spanish have room after room filled to the roof with treasure. What! They did not share with the Jesuits. I guess the Jesuits better look closer to home for their cut. But wasn't it there job to convert and save souls.
Wow Cork just found a Inca gold mask. You **** you did not tell me about that.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Had a big hit deep. For my detector anyways. Most deep hits are ignored ,unless trying to locate a specific deep target ,which is rarely the case , but this deep one rang up sweet...And who knows?
Dug a test hole a bit too much over a foot to find anything and spotted silver/chrome look. Opened it up some more and could see enough to puzzle about. A big wrench maybe?
Opened it up more and......Filled my hole in after glimpsing a sink edge of a stainless counter top.

Not the first time curiosity equaled too much diggin for a "yikes ,leave it be". But I'm slowly learning that leaving them deep serendipity type ones alone and just speculating is easier...

You needed a GPS man to dig it up for you!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm sorry but you just can't help giggling. You work for 3 years finding a treasure lead. You have the spot pinned down and you let the GPR man run off with it. Nice! I bet old Travis is rolling in his grave laughing his ass off.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was no mention that the ground was disturbed, even when the pros showed up?

In the last installment...RG claims that after he met with the top ranking people at the TNF , the TNF visited the site and sent him a report verifying that an excavation had taken place.
You are right though, in that when RG and the two "top executives" go to the site, and repeatedly scan it with their equipment, no mention is made of any visible disturbance present at that point in his story.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but you just can't help giggling. You work for 3 years finding a treasure lead. You have the spot pinned down and you let the GPR man run off with it. Nice! I bet old Travis is rolling in his grave laughing his ass off.

Coulda been worse Frank. The GPR outfit could have demanded payment up front.....before doing the first scan.
Having to pay for the second scan though, and a report showing "nothing", might add a bit more insult to the injured victim(s), I would think.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne the production company pays for that. How could it be worse? The GPR man made off with the stash. Good God. This is why they make tents, guns and camping gear. I'd be sitting on that spot with a 12 ga while you dug. Not like the last time you had Tim and I dig.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgt a 24 " coil is difficult to use in normal ground cover, too much physical interference with ground cover. I once used an off resonance i with a 36" coil. In the field it was practically useless, every field required that i hold the coil above the weed,brush tops. TheMine lab is a fine machine.achine

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread