And........Its done. Mission complete

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And………there you have it. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Its been a long ride. A rewarding one and in some instances, a heart breaking one.

Our mission from the beginning was and remains today…to uncover where ever possible the facts of the Stone Maps. To follow those facts where ever they lead. To reveal the facts and what those facts indicate, regardless of if it destroyed (or bolstered) long held beliefs; ours, or those of others. In many ways it was humbling on a personal basis.

It’s a simple story and yet a very complex one, all rolled into one. We were as surprised at some of the outcomes as much as I’m sure you all are.

We took (and still take) a lot of criticism along the way. Some was justly deserved because we couldn’t share everything at the time we shared some. Please forgive us for that. It was the overwhelming joy or agony of discovery and wanting so badly to share with those most directly involved.

The bigger story doesn’t end here. There is still areas of inquiry and perhaps discovery. What I’ve called the “prototypes” that this story is built on still remain. Their source to Jesuits originals still remains. They speak of great things still un-found.

Our quest is done for the moment. We close the page and move on. But; we close that page knowing that we did justice and were faithful to the mission, to the story and the people involved. We make no judgment calls on anyone. It is, what it is.

We encourage you to form your own opinions and be guided by your own judgments. Happy hunting and safe travels. Those beautiful mountains, canyons and ridges, are still out there guarding their secrets.

Peace be with you.
Lyn

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a treasure map that was made by the "World's greatest Treasure Hunter/Criminal/Cop" of our time, that leads to a treasure chest that was never there and was stolen by a mystery man that has no name! I can confirm this all to be true because i spent all my daddy's money verifying that i am telling the truth, and the SOJ will gladly confirm that they will not talk about it.
These are the facts of the case as i have verified them and found everything i say to be true.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Of course Jr had to bring up the failed TV series. A show that is being aired around the world and has had over 40 million viewers. A series that followed the legends of the Mountain. The biggest show ever filmed to this point. But that's nothing compared to what were now being fed! In a way I'm sad. I was hoping the series would be filmed so the numbers could be compared. Looks like in the end Discovery had no faith it would be successful. It's all in the presentation and the skill of the production folks putting together the sizzle reel. Out of the thousands presented one or two might make it into production. Out of those one may air. I'm sure there are a few investors who would be interested in the continued search. There always has been in the past no matter how outlandish the story. Crazy Jake made millions off the stone story. But to this point that's all the stores were good for. TT rest in peace. Your stones found treasure after all. Though not in the mountains.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Of course Jr had to bring up the failed TV series. A show that is being aired around the world and has had over 40 million viewers. A series that followed the legends of the Mountain. The biggest show ever filmed to this point. But that's nothing compared to what were now being fed! In a way I'm sad. I was hoping the series would be filmed so the numbers could be compared. Looks like in the end Discovery had no faith it would be successful. It's all in the presentation and the skill of the production folks putting together the sizzle reel. Out of the thousands presented one or two might make it into production. Out of those one may air. I'm sure there are a few investors who would be interested in the continued search. There always has been in the past no matter how outlandish the story. Crazy Jake made millions off the stone story. But to this point that's all the stores were good for. TT rest in peace. Your stones found treasure after all. Though not in the mountains.

those stone maps have destroyed many lives.....TT must be proud..where ever he is

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's discuss the Elephant in the room. Worlds greatest treasure hunter found gold (Colossal cave loot) but RG just rushed on past that like we were witnessing a drive by in Chicago.
OK so where did these supposed jesuit artifacts come from? what proof if any about this loot being found? What cold case robberies could be tied to TT since we now have more info about his whereabouts? So many questions but zero real answers.

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody gonna have some splaining to do! Can of worms anyone...get your can of worms here.
If true than Jr just ratted out the "world's greatest treasure hunter". NOW THAT'S A GOOD SHOW FOR TV

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
What happened to the story about the Jesuits taking the 1847 treasure and running off thith it.? It's now the GPR guy.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Colossal Cave History

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/habshaer/az/az0600/az0658/data/az0658data.pdf

.....looting from a National Park ???

That's a big elephant !

Depends on what year...And if the cave was part of the La Posta Ranch.
A Schmidt had an early mining claim and then Pima County leased Colossal Cave from the State Land Department and in 1956 Joe Maierhauser became sole proprietor of the sub-lease. In 1966 John S. Sullivan bought La Posta Quemada Ranch and erected the headquarters house which is now occupied by the museum.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Since when does the governor of Arizona have authority to grant permission to do anything on federal land. In this case the National Forest. Let alone hunt treasure.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i read somewhere (i think the bible) "heaven help the man who crosses paths with a sociopath...for he leaves a trail of destruction wherever he goes[h=1][/h]

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching an episode of COPS on tv...long story short: Cops chase kid in stolen car, kid wrecks car, kid still seatbuckeled inside smashed car, cops pull him out..Kids declares "I Dindu Nuffin" all on camera and cops pulled him outta the driver seat. Kid points down the road to someone else (that isn't there) and says it was that dude.
moral of the story - Gold/Treasure or things like Facing jail time can make one point to someone else as the culprit. Food for Thought

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what year...And if the cave was part of the La Posta Ranch.
A Schmidt had an early mining claim and then Pima County leased Colossal Cave from the State Land Department and in 1956 Joe Maierhauser became sole proprietor of the sub-lease. In 1966 John S. Sullivan bought La Posta Quemada Ranch and erected the headquarters house which is now occupied by the museum.

According to the documented history I posted, the cave has been a tourist attraction since the late 1920's, and Federal funds were allocated for it's development as a park in 1934 under the CCC program, when the state took it over . From 1934-1937, workers were crawling all over the place....land above and cave below...building facilities, stairways and paths through the cave system. I was wrong however, in that it is only designated as a National Historic Place, and not listed as a "National Park". Still, I doubt Travis was authorized to remove anything, let alone a heap of gold coins from Colossal Cave......regardless of what year it was.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
According to the documented history I posted, the cave has been a tourist attraction since the late 1920's, and Federal funds were allocated for it's development as a park in 1934 under the CCC program, when the state took it over . From 1934-1937, workers were crawling all over the place....land above and cave below...building facilities, stairways and paths through the cave system. I was wrong however, in that it is only designated as a National Historic Place, and not listed as a "National Park". Still, I doubt Travis was authorized to remove anything, let alone a heap of gold coins from Colossal Cave......regardless of what year it was.

Certainly.
I read your provided info. And about guano harvests. And the C.C.C. too.
Yet , all those people in and out of the cave over the years may have factored in how some one could obtain something from the cave some one else had extracted previously. Determining any "looting" or criminality would take more than speculation. Heck ,what do we have for evidence?

I don't know. Did not read much about how Travis was associated with the cave ,beyond a claim made by (???) that he had possession of something from the cave.
Did not get a peek in the missing "box " either.(!) To know what he actually had. Let alone how he actually came into having it..Assuming he had something based on what evidence again?

Thin gravy to go on of late. At least as far as claiming what was possibly recovered by whom.
A tale I enjoy ,don't get me wrong on that. Just short on tangible shiny stuff.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne, Jr only hinted at gold coins. He post 26000 of something. Grain of sand sounds about right. Easy to haul. 26000 gold coins. What could carry that much weight

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since when does the governor of Arizona have authority to grant permission to do anything on federal land. In this case the National Forest. Let alone hunt treasure.

Are you saying someone could get in a lot of trouble by dragging a GPR unit up and down those hills out there ?
If so, why wouldn't a professional ground surveying company know that ?

And we still haven't seen any pics of the 3-4 ft. deep hole that had to have been dug to get the "box".
Maybe someone can go out and get some shots of all that disturbed ground out there.

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all i got out of the story was this: TT buried some treasure/coins he got from somewhere, wanted to pull one over on the government by making up a story about finding maps/stones and wanted a tv crew to follow him to dig it up so he is off the hook for what? any responsibility of possible stolen loot/treasure/cash that may of happened in the past.
Movie didn't happen and TT just left the loot there? Tried to explain to others how to find it but couldn't? even though the coords were right there on his maps? Tigers don't change their stripes even if they join their enemy at the police department. Smells like fish-tastes like fish-so of course it must be chicken.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne Jr only hinted at gold coins. He post 26000 of something. Grain of sand sounds about right. Easy to haul. 26000 gold coins. What could carry that much weight

Been thinking the same way Frank.
Take a pretty big and heavy box to hold all of that gold. Even half of it. So why were the Jesuits so disappointed in what he says happened ?
Were they hoping to lay claim to all that bandit loot, after it was dug up ? Say it was theirs, even if it was from a train robbery....?

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
That's tough rocky ground out there full of mineralization. Any Geologist will tell (one did me) that a block of stone would give that GPR response. the GPR co brought in more experienced operators and the found nothing. Duh! TV treasure and excuses. But we all now know wrong spot and the maps point elsewhere now. One day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread