Now that the stone maps are out of the way, no movie/series....what's next?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....SE corner of BCB, about where the first crevasse is that we climbed up through, on our way to the top one day about 12-13 years ago.
If the symbols were done with grease crayon or black paint, they're probably faded by now....maybe even removed by Storm after the shoot was in the can.

Sheesh Wayne - 12-13 years ago??? Has it really been that long? *sigh* That just bums me out!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Your object, if man-made, could be some kind of animal. Even if natural, it could still be seen as

Thanks Somehiker, I took it as a coyote or dog, to be aware I guess. It's high up on the Saint Guardian on the west and on the east,guardians it's looking at this.

IMG_2641.JPG

To to keep your eye on the east side.

babymick1

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't have time to dig too much into old photos but found these 2. One is from the top of Black Cross Butte to the west of Coronado Mesa near where the gate to the SRP Housing area is. The other is what I call the "brontosaurus" and I believe it can be seen in one of the scenes of "Lust For Gold." It's located along the southern/southwestern base of Black Cross Butte.

The "view from Black Cross Butte" just gives a feel for the area. To get closer to the "Lust For Gold" shot I would have had to take the shot more to the right. What you're seeing here is the edge of Coronado Mesa to the right and Horse Mesa on the E or left side of Fish Creek Canyon.

It was 11 years ago Wayne!! Man I hate how time flies.

view from top of Black Cross Butte.jpg

dinosaur.JPG

This looks like a match to me - just from a slightly different angle I think.

lust for gold.JPG

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The movie crew used a larger area SSE from BCB . In this image , the actor is little far south from BCB , and the Mesquite Flats area is recognized from above .

LFG.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a bit higher and behind the camera position is the arch that they used for the "moon" shot.

Also , the arch concept was a refference to the Dark Circle ( Aylor's arch ) from the Palomino Mt.
Like Not Peralta wrote , the Dark Circle was named after its using in the night time , to find a specific mine . Seems Barry Storm had some bits of info about that arch in Palomino , but the idea with the moon , was not an accurate one . The Grijalva's stone map , explains the way someone have to use the Dark Circle to find that mine , which of course is not the LDM , but the same rich .

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a shot from way up above.....

View attachment 1671157

Some of the scenes from the "Legends" series were shot down there and nearby, as well as the "village" scene in "The Bridge".
There is also a set of cart tracks deeply worn in solid rock and part way down the slope into FC Canyon. Problem is, no one is allowed past the gate across the road nowadays, so you can't hike down there to see them.

SH, are the cart tracks on BCB?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Also , the arch concept was a refference to the Dark Circle ( Aylor's arch ) from the Palomino Mt.
Like Not Peralta wrote , the Dark Circle was named after its using in the night time , to find a specific mine . Seems Barry Storm had some bits of info about that arch in Palomino , but the idea with the moon , was not an accurate one . The Grijalva's stone map , explains the way someone have to use the Dark Circle to find that mine , which of course is not the LDM , but the same rich .

Markmar

Grijalva's explained dark circle is inaccurate as well. And as for the main topic too.

wrmickel1

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Just south of it, along the jeep road to Horse Mesa Dam, near where the locked gate is. It's down slope on the west side of Coronado Mesa.

Probably caused by carts servicing the building of the dam in 1924-27.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar

Grijalva's explained dark circle is inaccurate as well. And as for the main topic too.

wrmickel1

And this is only your opinion , of course . If you believe all the maps are only for the LDM , then you are far away from what the real deal is .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Down below the gate, in the pass between BCB and Coronado Mesa......south side of Fish Creek Canyon.
Basically under the original path of the hydro lines.
I suspect they are from a wheeled winch or spool carrier used for stringing the wires from tower to tower.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
And this is only your opinion , of course . If you believe all the maps are only for the LDM , then you are far away from what the real deal is .

I've always claimed the maps are of different places, with a commom system in place to be decoded,
The real reason for understanding them is you can't place modern ideology on them, You must look at them with the old ideology, You see a Witch on the Stones, I see a Priest of the church long forgotten and only used in modern times now for blessings of a new church.

Wrmickel

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Markmar

Its right on the map of the Priest I speak of, It's a dangerous Journey. The Priest is standing on his thrown to protect you on this journey if you follow the right path in God. You detract from that path all Hell awaits you.

Wrmickel1

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always claimed the maps are of different places, with a commom system in place to be decoded,
The real reason for understanding them is you can't place modern ideology on them, You must look at them with the old ideology, You see a Witch on the Stones, I see a Priest of the church long forgotten and only used in modern times now for blessings of a new church.

Wrmickel

And some of us see something that makes perfect sense once you figure it out...I ain't spilling the beans as to what that may be at the moment...lol...I'll admit it is church related mick...hehehe

Ed T:)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar

Its right on the map of the Priest I speak of, It's a dangerous Journey. The Priest is standing on his thrown to protect you on this journey if you follow the right path in God. You detract from that path all Hell awaits you.

Wrmickel1

It is a perilous journey, I'll admit that much...And I hated riding that darned mule...rofl...Maybe one day I'll get me a little trail bike...

Ed T;)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a rokon i'll sell you:occasion14:

I have my eye on a shiny new Italika...I don't think it will have a gps tracker on it...lol...I am a paranoid fool Dave...It is all part of my mental illness...hahaha

Ed T:)

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a rokon i'll sell you:occasion14:

Those Rokon's buck just as bad as an old Mule! No suspension on the older ones. The new ones at least have a front suspension. I've been looking for one lately. I used to be a dealer for them back in 2002. I restored an old 1968 one and sold it. It's about the only thing besides a mule that can get you through those trails in the Supers. And out run the Green Weenies chasing after ya! I had um chasing me in a State Park once with my lady on the back! Hit a patch of sand and we both flipped over the bars! Laughed our asses off for about thirty seconds until we heard the Rangers coming!

:laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Those Rokon's buck just as bad as an old Mule! No suspension on the older ones. The new ones at least have a front suspension. I've been looking for one lately. I used to be a dealer for them back in 2002. I restored an old 1968 one and sold it. It's about the only thing besides a mule that can get you through those trails in the Supers. And out run the Green Weenies chasing after ya! I had um chasing me in a State Park once with my lady on the back! Hit a patch of sand and we both flipped over the bars! Laughed our asses off for about thirty seconds until we heard the Rangers coming!

:laughing7:
they have plenty of suspension..just let most of the air out of the tires...then they ride great..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread