Did dick Holmes father ever help search for the ldm?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Cubfan64, ..... When Apache Jack was atop Squaw canyon near Malapais and pointed east he would be pointing across the head of Pistol canyon to Peters Mesa. Beyond Peters Mesa to the east would be Peters Canyon and the West side of Tortilla mountain. I do not believe Apache Jack meant anyplace beyond Pistol canyon and Peters Mesa.
a while back a guy from another state found a nice hunk of gold in quartz in pistol canyon...he just disappeared off the forum after that...did anything ever come of it?...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a while back a guy from another state found a nice hunk of gold in quartz in pistol canyon...he just disappeared off the forum after that...did anything ever come of it?...

I don't remember that - wouldn't surprise me much though. If you find the link to him/her talking about it, I'd be interested in refreshing my memory

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Malapais is NW of Squaw Canyon if you are looking across the head of Pistol Canyon, towards the west side of Peter's Mesa.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave, are you talking about the " OldManOfTheRiver "? If yes, in his last posts, he complained about Hg poisoning.
He has shown me via PM a piece of ore, but I didn't see any gold in the quartz or what seemed as a mineral ore he found in Peters Canyon. Could be a hunk of Hg ore or a piece of quartz from a Hg mine along the canyon.
He went there without knowing the Peters Canyon mining history.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, are you talking about the " OldManOfTheRiver "? If yes, in his last posts, he complained about Hg poisoning.
He has shown me via PM a piece of ore, but I didn't see any gold in the quartz or what seemed as a mineral ore he found in Peters Canyon. Could be a hunk of Hg ore or a piece of quartz from a Hg mine along the canyon.
He went there without knowing the Peters Canyon mining history.

The image of that ore is shown in post #2031 at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...eally-lost-dutchman-mine-136.html#post5980813

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions