Did dick Holmes father ever help search for the ldm?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
originally posted by: Deducer
The place Waltz caught Holmes trailing him, just past Tortilla Flat is pretty exposed because you had to cross the creek to get to the other side to keep following him, and that is where Waltz had sprung his trap, sitting on a boulder and waiting for Holmes to unknowingly step out into the open.
This is right on topic. Was that Sr. that was following Waltz? Please expound with quote of where the info comes from. Was that Tortillia Creek that was needed to be crossed or Fish Creek?

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
This is right on topic. Was that Sr. that was following Waltz? Please expound with quote of where the info comes from. Was that Tortillia Creek that was needed to be crossed or Fish Creek?
as far as the holmes clan goes...there was dick sr..dick jr and his son brownie...dick jr would have been the one following waltz...that info probably came from brownie

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Traveling east to west or west to east ?

Markmar

I know where peters Mesa is, Ruth was found there, They said He had a Few Gold Nuggets on him or his camp.
I believe it was Dave who said someone gave Gold nugget to a saloon in the seventies who claimed they found the Dutchman’s Mine, And many more Bonafide stories that Showed Gold Nuggets, Do you get the theme here, There’s only one Group that ever claimed Gold in White Quarts. Started in the Seventies. Matthew, Clay, Ron, Dave etc etc!

Babymick1

Your getting your information from the Wrong Fellow’s

I’d take pointers from only one person on here, Joe

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Markmar

I know where peters Mesa is, Ruth was found there, They said He had a Few Gold Nuggets on him or his camp.
I believe it was Dave who said someone gave Gold nugget to a saloon in the seventies who claimed they found the Dutchman’s Mine, And many more Bonafide stories that Showed Gold Nuggets, Do you get the theme here, There’s only one Group that ever claimed Gold in White Quarts. Started in the Seventies. Matthew, Clay, Ron, Dave etc etc!

Babymick1

Babymick1
we dont have any idea what your talking about mick..lighten up on the sauce:occasion14:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I read Brownie's writing I must have missed that story Dave. I miss having that info close at hand. Corpus is along way from you but love being back on the water.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
When I read Brownie's writing I must have missed that story Dave. I miss having that info close at hand. Corpus is along way from you but love being back on the water.
actually brownie denies writing that manuscript

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Markmar

Babymick1

Babymick1
mick...if you are trying to convince everyone here that waltz gold was in rose quartz...you are wasting your time..as far as i know you are the only one that believes that

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Are you referring to the affidavit. I’m not aware of any manuscript written by a single Holmes at all.

Even denial that he wrote it.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Sailaway

That would make the Matchbox and other know Dutchman’s ore False.

By Holmes word To.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
actually brownie denies writing that manuscript

So if you believe Brownie, Then you should believe there was no Gold in with Quarts, But yet you State the opportunity to believe it’s true.

And No, just trying to have everyone to open there minds, Maybe a guy named Waltz had a Mine, people new it, payed with gold for what he needed. But people are afraid of one man in the story, but pay no attention to the Apache’s cause that no big deal, You do see how Insain that story is, Right

When things don’t add up, I’m gonna call you on it, That’s all.

babymick1

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim

I never carry a scatter gun, there’s no range to them, but I’m real sure I could drop your donkey while your on it at seven hundred yards,no problem.

And I’ve tracked my grandfathers cattle on his 18 square mile ranch/farm in the dakota’s At nine years old on up. In the sixties this was the Wild West, Now if any of you dubs can’t here a donkey clattering his shoes in those canyons why are you even looking for anything in there, Greenhorn

Babymick1

Mick, now you leave my donkey out of this!

I'm just a greenhorn and all, but I would imagine there's a slight difference in tracking cattle in the Dakota's and tracking an armed, wily Arizonan who has had to fight his way through Indians for 20 years just to take a leak...anything you say, Mick.

Still waiting for you to post even the slightest bit of evidence that Dutchman ore was never said to be in a white quartz matrix until the '70's. Take care, Jim

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

I'm just a greenhorn and all, but I would imagine there's a slight difference in tracking cattle in the Dakota's and tracking an armed, wily Arizonan who has had to fight his way through Indians for 20 years just to take a leak...anything you say, Mick.

Still waiting for you to post even the slightest bit of evidence that Dutchman ore was never said to be in a white quartz matrix until the '70's. Take care, Jim

i've been asking mick for proof that dutchie ore was rose quartz...he keeps dodging me...in other words he has none...after thinking about it for a while i think i know where mick got the rose quartz theory..this should explain it
images.jpg

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, no donkey stake to night! I guess!

Its True, Even the Museum never said it was, Till the 70’
A big difference in tracking between the two, You can’t hear a mules Iron shoes clanging on rocks here, Or a persons voice carry for a mile in a Canyon here, or a hehaw.

Its Easyer There Then here,

Babymick1

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
i've been asking mick for proof that dutchie ore was rose quartz...he keeps dodging me...in other words he has none...after thinking about it for a while i think i know where mick got the rose quartz theory..this should explain it
View attachment 1690639

There's a lot of that going on around here, that's for sure!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1690639

Your not to make fun of Jim’s Donkey

Babymick1

If I posted it, Then I’d be trying to convince others Dave I’m not!

babymick1

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

A big difference in tracking between the two, You can’t hear a mules Iron shoes clanging on rocks here, Or a persons voice carry for a mile in a Canyon here, or a hehaw.

Babymick1

Is that posted at the museum somewhere, or is there someone specific I should talk to? I'll be home next month and will swing by.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

Babymick1
who did you talk to at the museum?...give me his name and i'll run down there tomorrow ..its only a few miles from me

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1690639

Your not to make fun of Jim’s Donkey

Babymick1

If I posted it, Then I’d be trying to convince others Dave I’m not!

babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread