Did dick Holmes father ever help search for the ldm?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
And I Just got back from the Supers
So to suggest I’ve never been, well went back to that stream bed and gathered up a new crop.

63B85BE5-8E8F-41C0-A414-7F5E29DA5E14.jpeg 719D853B-9A8B-454B-9634-CB05FD866E95.jpeg

That makes about 35 pounds now in my collection.

0B431B75-93BE-4B5F-B0FF-A42AD45774D4.jpeg B8B3508D-97B6-4A3D-9C2B-3A4FCBBA4F2B.jpeg

Sweet. Babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah in a stream bed, with a rusted buckel too. I think it was dropped, last year and this year, I think the rains was it in or uncovered it. I was following Joe’s trail to the Heart that he posted.

I’ll keep going there till I finds nomore.

babymick1

give me a P.O. Box address and I’ll send you one

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah in a stream bed, with a rusted buckel too. I think it was dropped, last year and this year, I think the rains was it in or uncovered it. I was following Joe’s trail to the Heart that he posted.

I’ll keep going there till I finds nomore.

babymick1

give me a P.O. Box address and I’ll send you one
come on mick..come clean...there is no amethyst in the supers..there are deposits all over 4 peaks but not in the supers

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mary has no shoes, go look when she is is giving kids a ride. She is small but tough and has put a lot of miles out there in the mountains.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Mary has no shoes, go look when she is is giving kids a ride. She is small but tough and has put a lot of miles out there in the mountains.

Marry’s a good girl, sailaway
She captivated are hearts and left her size 14 footprints in the sand.
And when there was only her foot prints in the sand. That’s when she carried you.

Wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar...i dont need to dye them...i can buy them local already half tumbled like that for a few bucks a pound
everyone thinks amethyst is a rare expensive stone....it isn't rare..there are many deposits of it worldwide...only the top facet grade is worth mucho bucks...the rest is easily obtainable and pretty cheap

The link was for the stones Wrmickel1 exposed in this forum. Are like what he has posted in post #3 at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...711-i-ll-show-you-mine-you-show-me-yours.html

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
The link was for the stones Wrmickel1 exposed in this forum. Are like what he has posted in post #3 at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...711-i-ll-show-you-mine-you-show-me-yours.html

Correct Markmar

The previous post is last years, The New post is this year about a week ago. Found same place, Same stream bed. Now what Dave said is true to some degree about Amethyst, But a lot of those pieces I posted are larger then that double D battery sitting there. 35 pounds or so would not be cheap. Your looking at 600 / 800 bucks to buy. Maybe more.

And growing crystals is made with calcite a soft material. Amethyst ranks pretty high on the hardness scale a 7 or 8 I think. I could post some more gold pic’s but the nay sayers wouldn’t believe the truth anyways. Must be Snowflakes.

babymick2

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Correct Markmar

The previous post is last years, The New post is this year about a week ago. Found same place, Same stream bed. Now what Dave said is true to some degree about Amethyst, But a lot of those pieces I posted are larger then that double D battery sitting there. 35 pounds or so would not be cheap. Your looking at 600 / 800 bucks to buy. Maybe more.

And growing crystals is made with calcite a soft material. Amethyst ranks pretty high on the hardness scale a 7 or 8 I think. I could post some more gold pic’s but the nay sayers wouldn’t believe the truth anyways. Must be Snowflakes.

babymick2
not snowflakes mick...we just smell a rat...and the amethyst in your pic is all low grade....no matter how much it weighs its still only a few bucks a pound in that grade

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well thanks professor. Your input is a apparently as bad as your judgement.
I had it graded all of it, A to double AA grade. Offered to buy it from me at a well known shop.

2500 bucks for all of it.

babymick, better stick to your rock machine

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well thanks professor. Your input is a apparently as bad as your judgement.
I had it graded all of it, A to double AA grade. Offered to buy it from me at a well known shop.

2500 bucks for all of it.

babymick, better stick to your rock machine
which rock shop mick?..got a number for him?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
mick...your first lesson in grading amethyst....to be top facet grade it has to be pure dark purple..kinda like grape jelly...second ..no fractures...third..no inclusions....yours is a very light color...it is fractured and is full of inclusions...no rock dealer in his right mind would offer you much of anything for it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread