Seeking the truth...so many questions

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy truthseeker,

Welcome to T-Net, I personally am intriged by any treasure story, always have been. Especially those that have a confession, or some other form of truth to them. I also like a challenge, just because so many have failed doesn't mean it can't be found. The LDM is not the only one on my list either. When you find verifiable clues it keeps you motivated to find more.

As Oroblanco said some are after the fame even to the point that a few will claim to have found it just for the recognition, with nothing to show. I myself care less about fame, but I do enjoy thinking of all of the less fortunate that I would be able to help, should I get to claim the mine.

There are many reasons some members use different names. Some are smart, and don't want to risk having their identity stolen. Others can't seem to behave themselves, and keep getting in trouble with the moderaters, thus coming back with a different name. Others keep getting bullied by others who have something against them.

Homar

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy truthseeker,

Welcome to T-Net, I personally am intriged by any treasure story, always have been. Especially those that have a confession, or some other form of truth to them. I also like a challenge, just because so many have failed doesn't mean it can't be found. The LDM is not the only one on my list either. When you find verifiable clues it keeps you motivated to find more.

As Oroblanco said some are after the fame even to the point that a few will claim to have found it just for the recognition, with nothing to show. I myself care less about fame, but I do enjoy thinking of all of the less fortunate that I would be able to help, should I get to claim the mine.

There are many reasons some members use different names. Some are smart, and don't want to risk having their identity stolen. Others can't seem to behave themselves, and keep getting in trouble with the moderaters, thus coming back with a different name. Others keep getting bullied by others who have something against them.

Homar

I too have used several names on this site and others...I just think I am being creative...lol...Anyhow...I could care less about fame and fortune...IF My Father wants me to be rich he will bestow riches upon me when he believes the time is right...hahaha...As for lost mines and such...He has given me more than I will ever need...I don't know nor can I speak for others...But IF there are treasures involved with any of the areas I have stumbled upon...More power to it...Tayopa may even be the hiding place of the arc of the covenant...Who can say???Maybe one day we may know for certain...Only time will tell...I don't think that I will reveal the location of any of my little playgrounds anytime soon...Oh well...Good luck in all of ya'lls searches...

Ed T:)

OP
OP
T

truthseeker24

Greenie
Oct 17, 2018
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that others have already posted excellent answers, and everyone has their own views so I am going to add a bit.

I started out as a prospector rather than a treasure hunter, and it is a natural progression. After all, a prospector is hunting for a rich mine, why not look for a rich one that was already found and is now lost? The LDM is however the granddaddy of them all, with so many thousands of seekers and hundreds that claimed to have found it, yet none of them seem to be able to prove it beyond doubt.

It is speculation but basically the thrill of the "hunt" and the possibility of immense wealth, and/or fame for being "the" one who found the LDM.

New information comes to light every year, sometimes even several times in a week. The geology itself is the biggest incentive, for while most of the search area is very unlikely to have any kind of gold deposits, gold veins can occur anywhere because of the way they are formed. The fact that you can pan gold in a number of places in the Superstitions is proof that gold does exist there, the trick is finding the source.

No, not really but "too far" is a highly subjective thing, everyone has a different idea of what would be "too far".

I have lost friends to treasure hunting, but they died doing what they loved, does a death get any better than that? You are correct in that the friends made in this type of avocation/vocation are the best you can get, would not trade them for any others.

When I see someone doing this I suspect it is a 'wannabe' type of person, someone desperate for attention and is happy to fake it from fake people. Or even just to "help" him/her to "win" an online argument, which is rather silly if you think about it.

Interesting set of questions you have posed, I get the impression that you have never gone on a treasure hunt? I would highly recommend to do a little research on some lost treasure or lost mine, and start planning on your first. It is a true adventure that everyone can partake in, and if it is a bit dangerous, that only adds to the "spice" because if it were perfectly safe, it would hardly be as exciting.

Please do continue:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Your support for the beef industry reminds me of a song from a band I used to listen to in highschool. 'Eat Steak' by the The Reverend Horton Heat. You should look it up on YouTube, it might be your theme song.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQynViAF6Ds

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone loves a great mystery. We all have different talents as you can see by the posts. It’s like a great big (somewhat disfunctional) family come along for the ride. You will not be disappointed [emoji368]

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
they all hunt...lol

The GOP is plundering the treasure that is your social security and medicare. And with that, I'll stop before the mods send me to timeout.

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
The GOP is plundering the treasure that is your social security and medicare. And with that, I'll stop before the mods send me to timeout.

I hope the mods don't time you out....

Can we maybe make a LDM 1st Amdt. thread, or is anything to do with politics totally against the rules here? (EDIT: Just found the answer in the rules sticky...No we can't)

One thing I would say, is perhaps (XXXXX EDIT: Deleted to comply with TNET rules XXXXXXX)...just saying....

#DontBanDeducer

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth is...

there isn't no truth just stories of yesteryear.

Good stories though!

OP
OP
T

truthseeker24

Greenie
Oct 17, 2018
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope the mods don't time you out....

Can we maybe make a LDM 1st Amdt. thread, or is anything to do with politics totally against the rules here? (EDIT: Just found the answer in the rules sticky...No we can't)

One thing I would say, is perhaps (XXXXX EDIT: Deleted to comply with TNET rules XXXXXXX)...just saying....

#DontBanDeducer

I hope this is a joke. His comment was mild compared to the others. Not to mention brief and to the point.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha your disclaimer is the funniest thing I've read in a while! FYI I stole it from you 8-)

I've been using that ever since I wrote it 15 years ago. It was in response to all that disbelieve in what you may say or claim.

It gives one the room to speculate on an idea that may or may not fit a narrative with out being held to a higher standard of absolute acceptability.

It's a Bullshit Freshener.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what compels others, other than the promise of instant riches but for me, I was born into it. My Grandfather hunted it in the 40s. Two of my Uncles did later. The earliest, biggest word I knew was Superstitions. The so called "Lost Dutchman Mine" is not what you think it is. It is an image of something that was spawned out of subterfuge then taylored to meet the dreams and hopes of others that never had even the slightest idea as to what it really is and cannot see through that subterfuge. All of the information that you have, is skewed. It's like you are playing Texas Holdem with only two cards. Even the clues that seem hard as stone, are not completely there. Do you think that the Jesuits would let you have it? You know Jake Waltz didn't. He barely touched it himself. There are forces at work, that were at work, that controlled it from the beginning. It's a fun dream but look at the people that it ended up controlling. Is that what you want, really? To wander around the desert with an itchy butt and bad breath...it's just over the next rise. People always say no one will ever find it then they turn around and say someone already found it. Both answers are correct. It's over, turn out the lights. Take up stamp collecting. Don't wind up wandering around out there with an itchy butt and bad breath and if you do, don't wash your butt in Whiskey Spring. I drink that water.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread