Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Lucky Baldwin
  • 1 Post By OldManOfTheRiver
  • 1 Post By Lucky Baldwin
  • 1 Post By Lucky Baldwin

Thread: Hiking report

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2013
    308 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hiking report

Just got back from my 1st trip this season. Water's plentiful, although some of the small tinajas are starting to become stagnant. The fuzzy red ants are out so watch your step.

I found what I think is a natural tunnel thru a rock fin. At least it looks natural to me. Was a total accident. I just sat down to take five and have some water when I saw it right in front of me. i had stopped at just the right spot to see thru to the other side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tunnel.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	1643904

The funny thing is, the other side leads to this strange 'Z' shaped canyon...
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and shall lose both -Benjamin Franklin

us
    The Honorable

Jun 2018
    Tennessee
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Baldwin View Post
    Just got back from my 1st trip this season. Water's plentiful, although some of the small tinajas are starting to become stagnant. The fuzzy red ants are out so watch your step.

I found what I think is a natural tunnel thru a rock fin. At least it looks natural to me. Was a total accident. I just sat down to take five and have some water when I saw it right in front of me. i had stopped at just the right spot to see thru to the other side.

Name:	tunnel.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	1643904

The funny thing is, the other side leads to this strange 'Z' shaped canyon...

That's awesome man. I'd have to check that opening out with the proper safety gear. Thanks for the report!
    Lucky Baldwin likes this.

Nov 2013
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManOfTheRiver View Post
    That's awesome man. I'd have to check that opening out with the proper safety gear. Thanks for the report!
    I think the other side is easier to get to, if I can figure out which tree is blocking the entrance.

When I blew up the pic to make the tunnel more visible, I noticed something I didn't see when I took it.

Name:	Quartz crystal.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	1644217

Look at the white pixels with the black halo around them. I think that's a glassy object reflecting sunlight back at the camera. Judging by its exposed location outside the mouth of the tunnel, I'd bet it's attached and not just sitting loose on the ground. Maybe a quartz crystal?
    OldManOfTheRiver likes this.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and shall lose both -Benjamin Franklin

us
    The Honorable

Jun 2018
    Tennessee
    305 times
    I think the other side is easier to get to, if I can figure out which tree is blocking the entrance.

When I blew up the pic to make the tunnel more visible, I noticed something I didn't see when I took it.

Name:	Quartz crystal.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	1644217

Look at the white pixels with the black halo around them. I think that's a glassy object reflecting sunlight back at the camera. Judging by its exposed location outside the mouth of the tunnel, I'd bet it's attached and not just sitting loose on the ground. Maybe a quartz crystal?
    Worth a look see in my opinion. It may be pixilation but that tunnel looks man made to me.

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3650 times
    Looks like a shadow

Nov 2013
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfda View Post
    Looks like a shadow
    wow! you solved the mystery. thanks for your detailed explanation. i'm outa here!
    OldManOfTheRiver likes this.

us
    The Honorable

Jun 2018
    Tennessee
    305 times
    wow! you solved the mystery. thanks for your detailed explanation. i'm outa here!
    Stick around Lucky. I like your posts. Go up there and investigate!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links