What clue do you think will take you to the Dutchman?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the known plus few new .

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cave directly across and the water tank below .

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Cant get to it from above or below and the deathbed scribble. I believe if If both were found. What's yours?
no miner will ever find my mine
it wont lead you to the ldm but its one of the few clues you can take as truth

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]What clue do you think will take you to the Dutchman?[/h]
The one I haven't told you! HAHAHA

Mike

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones I haven't told you...when, if, I finally do, you will slap yourself.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I'm ready to divulge the clue. Walking along a narley ridge line, you look down seeing that your hiking boot para cord string had untied. You bend over to retie it and lose your balance because your backpack weight of too much unnecessary crap shifts forward, catapulting you over the cliff where you land in a funnel shaped pit where the sleletons of two long dead Mexicans are sitting and grinning at you. Just as you draw your last breath and prepare to shuffle off this mortal coil, you say to yourself, I FOUND IT!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't a mine it was a rock filled with quartz and gold and it was hid in water. No miner will find it!!!!!! Hes telling you clear as day!!!! Ive got more info on this and what happened than anyone can or would believe. Youll never find the Stake o Jake

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't a mine it was a rock filled with quartz and gold and it was hid in water. No miner will find it!!!!!! Hes telling you clear as day!!!! Ive got more info on this and what happened than anyone can or would believe. Youll never find the Stake o Jake

Jake only found a pile of rough gold that the Apaches threw out after slaughtering a portion of the burro train that was at the wrong place at the wrong time. That's why Jake went and had a dry washer made. He was scratching around in the dirt for more. He probably found gold in a few places like those two other guys did later. He never found a rich mine. It was too far and too rough and too full of pissed off Apaches to go there. Especially for a guy his age. That is why he never told anyone where the "rich mine" was located. He surly couldn't tell there where and how he really found it. All of Phoenix would have pulled stakes, broke camp and been out the the next day.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jake only found a pile of rough gold that the Apaches threw out after slaughtering a portion of the burro train that was at the wrong place at the wrong time. That's why Jake went and had a dry washer made. He was scratching around in the dirt for more. He probably found gold in a few places like those two other guys did later. He never found a rich mine. It was too far and too rough and too full of pissed off Apaches to go there. Especially for a guy his age. That is why he never told anyone where the "rich mine" was located. He surly couldn't tell there where and how he really found it. All of Phoenix would have pulled stakes, broke camp and been out the the next day.

HG,

I doubt there was ever a period when the Superstitions were "full" of Apache. Do you have a source for that information? On the other hand, I do like your conclusion about the massacre grounds gold.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
HG,

I doubt there was ever a period when the Superstitions were "full" of Apache. Do you have a source for that information? On the other hand, I do like your conclusion about the massacre grounds gold.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
hi joe...i'm not aware of any apache artifacts been found in the superstitions...i dont really think they hung out in there too much...they hung out in the matazal range and were as far south as the four peaks area..but i'm with you..i dont think hey were all over the supers

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
hi joe...i'm not aware of any apache artifacts been found in the superstitions...i dont really think they hung out in there too much...they hung out in the matazal range and were as far south as the four peaks area..but i'm with you..i dont think hey were all over the supers

Interesting assumption Dave, Cactus Jumper

So who was associated with the artifacts found in abundance in and around Garden Valley.

wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Interesting assumption Dave, Cactus Jumper

So who was associated with the artifacts found in abundance in and around Garden Valley.

wrmickel1
definitely not apache...it is said hohokam indians resided in garden valley

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were Apache , like Tom Kollenborn wrote at THE MILITARY HISTORY OF THE SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS

" The Yavapai-Apache, a loosely knitted group that were actually separate clans, constantly harassed the miners and prospectors around Prescott. This lead to a major campaign against the Apache. Men like King Woosley slaughtered good and bad Indians. The only good Indian was a dead Indian as far as he was concerned. He proved his ideology at Bloody Tanks. Captain John Walker wanted to protect his Pima friends who lived along the Gila and Salt Rivers. To do this, he organized the Pima Scouts. Walker's Pima Scouts joined the United States 23rd Infantry in their campaign against the Apaches in the Superstitions and Pinal Mountains.
Prior to this military campaign there were several Yavapai-Apache rancherias in the Superstition Mountain area. The Quail Springs Rancheria was the largest. It was located near the present site of the IV Ranch on Lewis and Pranty Creek. Another prominent rancheria was located near Weaver's Needle. The Reavis Ranch area and the region east of the upper La Barge Box supported large rancheria. A large and prominent rancheria was located in Garden Valley. This site was originally called Indian Gardens. A smaller, but well-known site was located at First Water or Frog Tanks. The actual site of Frog Tank Rancheria was about a half of a mile north of the old Barkley headquarters near what is called Hackberry Springs today. The 23rd Infantry called this same site Camp Misfortune in 1864. The name stuck with the site until the early cattlemen entered the area about 1871. "

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread