Who thinks...

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it wasn't weavers needle but another needle. What do you think??

An Apache chief named White Horse related that a wagon train of Spaniards came to the Superstition Mountains and chose Weaver's needle as the place to bury a store of gold bars , jewels, statues and other artifacts. He stated that they climed the Needle and deposited the huge cache inside a cave near the top, then sealed the entrance. The Indians then attacked the Spaniards and killed them all. The sealed cave has never been found.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a pretty tall tale. Why wouldn’t they just go to the canteena and buy a bunch of tacos and beer?

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, having the lifelong background I do with Arizona and Arizona Indians, let me tell you something that is a fact. If an Indian tells a white man how to find a buried treasure, it just might be the last time you see that gullible white dummy again. Take it from me Pink Boy, you barking up the wrong needle...er...tree.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

An Apache chief named White Horse related that a wagon train of Spaniards came to the Superstition Mountains and chose Weaver's needle as the place to bury a store of gold bars , jewels, statues and other artifacts. He stated that they climed the Needle and deposited the huge cache inside a cave near the top, then sealed the entrance. The Indians then attacked the Spaniards and killed them all. The sealed cave has never been found.
that crazy marie jones always thought there was something buried up on weavers needle...why the hell would anyone climb up there and bury their goods when there are a million easier places on the ground floor:icon_scratch:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Holyground. I gotta tell ya it would be fun to look for it!!!!!!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a video on Youtube that shows the top of Weavers Needle from a Drone. You can see the small walls and tent pads that the climbers have constructed up there. The entire needle has been inspected since the early days. Nothing was found, I'm sure. Sure enough to bet on it.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know of that story. But Weavers Needle is only part of it. The Cave or Mine was sealed but the needle was only a stepping stone for finding it. A huge stepping stone.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of that story. But Weavers Needle is only part of it. The Cave or Mine was sealed but the needle was only a stepping stone for finding it. A huge stepping stone.

Tell me more.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
that crazy marie jones always thought there was something buried up on weavers needle...why the hell would anyone climb up there and bury their goods when there are a million easier places on the ground floor:icon_scratch:

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well with you.

We were once camped west of Piper Spring and met a man and his wife camped at the spring. That night we all went down and joined them for coffee. He told us he once worked for Piper and witnessed a string of torches going up the north side of Weaver's Needle. One by one the lights went out, as if they were going into a cave. After awhile, the lights appeared one by one and descended the mountain.

Don't know his name, but he stated he and the wife were gathering information for a book he was writing. Don't know if the book ever got published, but remember his wife was wearing a hat that looked like a Russian job with fur on the outside.

He also told us an interesting story about Piper.

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I believe this is a Pima legend . The " White Horse " was not the name of an Apache chief , but the name of a known landmark . This legend , like we can see , was changed in many versions on the past of the years/centuries .
Is true how for that treasure don't exist any map and the cave was never uncovered . This don't means how was not found .
Read what a powerfull by telephathy dowser , told me about the spot after sending him a map of the region :

" This is the only gold treasure in this map (where the blue arrow points).. it is man-made gold.. statutes weighing around 40kgs in an iron container, ALSO another iron container containing man-made gold bars, gold coins and gold necklace, but this 2nd container weighs 200kgs..
I don't know their culture in that part of the world.. it is in a vacuum with air inside (not buried), 5 dead bodies around it (also not buried), I don't know, is it a burial room?? Like I said I don't know their culture.. but the older one is laid down opposite to remaining four bodies, his head heading north, however the other 4 bodies are laid down beside each other but their heads are heading south.
Anyway, vertical depth to gold: around 3 meters deep..
P.S : No "evil magic" is involved in this culture's burial rituals.."

I believe the manner in which the bodies lie , is a code and not a burial ritual .

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Dave,

Hope all is well with you.

We were once camped west of Piper Spring and met a man and his wife camped at the spring. That night we all went down and joined them for coffee. He told us he once worked for Piper and witnessed a string of torches going up the north side of Weaver's Needle. One by one the lights went out, as if they were going into a cave. After awhile, the lights appeared one by one and descended the mountain.

Don't know his name, but he stated he and the wife were gathering information for a book he was writing. Don't know if the book ever got published, but remember his wife was wearing a hat that looked like a Russian job with fur on the outside.

He also told us an interesting story about Piper.

Take care,

Joe

Would you mind sharing that story about Piper? Thanks in advance, hope all is well with you and Carolyn (and of course Smoky!),
Roy

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
well, as for the hidden and sealed caves that can be in any state, back in 73, myself and three friends did find and open a small sealed cavern. we knew what we were looking for and the almost spot on area it was located in but it was done very well and if we had not gone pinging with the estwing rock hammers we never would have found it. it was at ground level.i do not know how the spanish and indians sealed and hid others, but this covering was made with mud , sticks and what looked like earth colored homemade cement. the plug was about 14 inches thick and had alot of overflow behind it. it was removed in mostly one piece and replaced the same way.

Steve Jenkins

Sep 3, 2018
Cave Creek, Az
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a logical conclusion.

Logical conclusions are occasionally wrong, however.

No dog on this fight.

I’d love to know more background on the original claim.

Steve Jenkins

Sep 3, 2018
Cave Creek, Az
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is there modern technology that is best suited to locate hollow caverns that have been buried but could serve to hide things of this nature?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Because, White Horse said so Dave, And the Pima ledgen, And Ray Riuns Grandfather And a Grandaughter of a Indian Chief.
and more, Are they all wrong or is there some truth to it.

Don’t know myself but it is a lead, The granddaughter story does lend a little weight to the story then the others.

wrmickel1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread