Gonzales' mina

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody

After decrypting some maps and tales , I came to the conclusion how the mine which is depicted in Gonzales map ( Charles Clark's version ) is the same with the Two Soldiers mine , Haywood mine , Salazar's survey mine , the black dot ( circle ) from the Cuenta del Oro map and John Carrol's mine from the Barry Storm publication .

The Gonzales map is a coded map and what you see depicted on it , represents only 50% from what the author wanted from you to see compared to the real landmarks and orientation of the range .

5929-888888_1200816757-09.jpg

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everybody

After decrypting some maps and tales , I came to the conclusion how the mine which is depicted in Gonzales map ( Charles Clark's version ) is the same with the Two Soldiers mine , Haywood mine , Salazar's survey mine , the black dot ( circle ) from the Cuenta del Oro map and John Carrol's mine from the Barry Storm publication .

The Gonzales map is a coded map and what you see depicted on it , represents only 50% from what the author wanted from you to see compared to the real landmarks and orientation of the range .

View attachment 1660876

Hola Marius!

I think that might be Tom Kollenborn's interpretation of Barry Storm's interpretation of what Roy Bradford said after Charles Clark met Ramon Peralta y Gonzales (::)::)::)::) talk about a pedigree!!)in 1874...or I may be wrong about where the map you posted came from...(also there is a Gonzales map at the SMHS that is different and more detailed)...my question is, what is coded on the Barry Storm map? At any rate, I would agree that he left a lot out:laughing7:

Take care, Jim

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim

You wrote the magic word/name : Roy Bradford . According to Barry Storm publication , Roy Bradford was the last man who saw Gonzales alive in 1930 . Gonzales was coming in a last attempt to find the LDM site with new maps , but also carring and the older ( for a different purpose ) to find the LDM site . Short after that meeting , Roy moved his camp from upper La Barge box to the Deering trail on the SE end of Malapais Mt. Was that a simple mind changing ? I don't think so .
Were all based in Gonzales maps . If you pay attention , the line which connects WN with Four Peaks from the map , pass above the Roy Bradford's camp in the Deering Canyon . Maybe he believed how the Canon Fresca would been the Squaw Canyon . But ... the map shows a different clue, so , this fact shows how Bradford " took " in some way ( by force IMO ) supplementary info about the map , but not all the truth , or he couldn't understand the descriptions given by Gonzales .

In the first attempt in 1876 , Gonzales used the map I posted above , but then was not for the LDM , but for the mine I showed above . In the second attempt in 1930 , he would used the map from 1876 to find a specific place from where he could recognize the new map , which was the Perfil mapa . He also had a map for the " knob " mine , which is in sight from the LDM , but closer to the mine depicted in the map above . Now , you can understand why the LDM clues are a mix of clues from few different mines .
Some times what people do , tells more than a story . I can tell you only how Canon Fresca is La Barge . Think why Roy Bradford went on that camp place in Malapais and maybe you will find the right canyon .

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim

You wrote the magic word/name : Roy Bradford . According to Barry Storm publication , Roy Bradford was the last man who saw Gonzales alive in 1930 . Gonzales was coming in a last attempt to find the LDM site with new maps , but also carring and the older ( for a different purpose ) to find the LDM site . Short after that meeting , Roy moved his camp from upper La Barge box to the Deering trail on the SE end of Malapais Mt. Was that a simple mind changing ? I don't think so .
Were all based in Gonzales maps . If you pay attention , the line which connects WN with Four Peaks from the map , pass above the Roy Bradford's camp in the Deering Canyon . Maybe he believed how the Canon Fresca would been the Squaw Canyon . But ... the map shows a different clue, so , this fact shows how Bradford " took " in some way ( by force IMO ) supplementary info about the map , but not all the truth , or he couldn't understand the descriptions given by Gonzales .

In the first attempt in 1876 , Gonzales used the map I posted above , but then was not for the LDM , but for the mine I showed above . In the second attempt in 1930 , he would used the map from 1876 to find a specific place from where he could recognize the new map , which was the Perfil mapa . He also had a map for the " knob " mine , which is in sight from the LDM , but closer to the mine depicted in the map above . Now , you can understand why the LDM clues are a mix of clues from few different mines .
Some times what people do , tells more than a story . I can tell you only how Canon Fresca is La Barge . Think why Roy Bradford went on that camp place in Malapais and maybe you will find the right canyon .

Not familiar with the knob mine, Whats this map u speak of and how does it come into play? Always love getting though the bs to get the lil bit of truth or non truth. lol If ya can post the knob map would be appreciated as always. The map above would tend to tell me its fish creek not labarge.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not familiar with the knob mine, Whats this map u speak of and how does it come into play? Always love getting though the bs to get the lil bit of truth or non truth. lol If ya can post the knob map would be appreciated as always. The map above would tend to tell me its fish creek not labarge.

The " knob " name was given by me after the Erwin Ruth clue which says :
" Mine is on a little knob about 50 feet high at the very end of a peninsula. On this hill is a pile of rocksabout 10 feet away from the opening. " (Erwin Ruth to Richard Peck)
How knew Erwin about this clue if not from a map which his father possessed ? How his father aquired this map remains a mystery ( not so to me ) . Usually when someone give you a map for a rich mine as a recompense , then he will give you details for the mine, like the region , route and orientation in regards with known landmarks . Erwin didn't know for which mine was this clue and this is at least suspect . He believed was for the same mine depicted in the Perfil mapa ( LDM ) , but the truth was different .
Now , which map was aquired by Erwin from Gonzales family , because there were at least four maps in Adolph Ruth possession , with the map containing the Erwin's clue told above to be missed ( till today ) after father's death in the Supers . When Erwin was asked what the map/s aquired in Mexico showed , he couldn't remember adding more mystery to the existing one . IMO Adolph Ruth was only a member of a group who tried to decrypt some maps after Gonzales was passing through Supers in 1930 .

Fortunatelly for that " knob " mine exists another map , which is the same used in " Lust for Gold " movie ( see map bellow , the knob is marked in circle ) . Also , what maybe nobody knows is how for this mine existed a stone map known as Grijalva's which was made to be used in regards with a constellation observed from a specific point . Also all Diaz's clues which wrong were attached to the LDM , are for the " knob " mine .
The " knob " mine was found by Not Peralta ( ex Tnet member who passed to eternity ) in early '80's , and he wrote about it :
" The quartz came from a vein inside a volcanic bubble, a room of solid material, which could not be caved in, so there was no shoring done. On one side was a quartz vein about a foot wide, someone over time had done a lot of work on this vein. The vein went across the wall into the ground, and from that point they followed the vein digging down about 25 to 30 feet. Why they never finished working the vein can only be speculated on, while who ever had started working the vein downward had to start shoring it up. When I worked it down about another 10 to 15 feet it just got to dangerous.I ended up closing it up just like I found it. The entrance faced the west, and had a real good view of everything you could see for a long ways. NP "

the knob.GIF

A piece of " knob " mine ore taken by NP you can see in my profile picture .

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And how you see WN , is in the correct place ? The canyon in the map is nor Fish Creek nor La Barge .

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Mine is on a little knob about 50 feet high at the very end of a peninsula. On this hill is a pile of rocksabout 10 feet away from the opening. " (Erwin Ruth to Richard Peck)
How knew Erwin about this clue if not from a map which his father possessed ? How his father aquired this map remains a mystery ( not so to me ) . Usually when someone give you a map for a rich mine as a recompense , then he will give you details for the mine, like the region , route and orientation in regards with known landmarks . Erwin didn't know for which mine was this clue and this is at least suspect . He believed was for the same mine depicted in the Perfil mapa ( LDM ) , but the truth was different .
Now , which map was aquired by Erwin from Gonzales family , because there were at least four maps in Adolph Ruth possession , with the map containing the Erwin's clue told above to be missed ( till today ) after father's death in the Supers . When Erwin was asked what the map/s aquired in Mexico showed , he couldn't remember adding more mystery to the existing one . IMO Adolph Ruth was only a member of a group who tried to decrypt some maps after Gonzales was passing through Supers in 1930 .

Fortunatelly for that " knob " mine exists another map , which is the same used in " Lust for Gold " movie ( see map bellow , the knob is marked in circle ) . Also , what maybe nobody knows is how for this mine existed a stone map known as Grijalva's which was made to be used in regards with a constellation observed from a specific point . Also all Diaz's clues which wrong were attached to the LDM , are for the " knob " mine .
The " knob " mine was found by Not Peralta ( ex Tnet member who passed to eternity ) in early '80's , and he wrote about it :
" The quartz came from a vein inside a volcanic bubble, a room of solid material, which could not be caved in, so there was no shoring done. On one side was a quartz vein about a foot wide, someone over time had done a lot of work on this vein. The vein went across the wall into the ground, and from that point they followed the vein digging down about 25 to 30 feet. Why they never finished working the vein can only be speculated on, while who ever had started working the vein downward had to start shoring it up. When I worked it down about another 10 to 15 feet it just got to dangerous.I ended up closing it up just like I found it. The entrance faced the west, and had a real good view of everything you could see for a long ways. NP "

View attachment 1661874

That ore is pretty!! Nice find for sure!

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mine from Gonzalez map is the same with the mine from Ortiz map.
The Gonzalez map is twice mirrored.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's there, just where the map shows.

View attachment 1732035

Woulda guessed someone woulda stumbled on it by accident, seeing from where where your pic is located. But shows ya if your off by an inch, your off by a mile or in my case 1.2 miles. If that's NPs mine location. Guessing it's by the dark outcropping to the right. Gotta hand it to him woulda never got there from the map as I can't see the resemblance. Map tells me it's a dif place. Btw nice way to hide it with a darker pic not to give away the easy way to find it. Don't worry never would go there. Feel like in the giving mood . Follow the ravine up the mntn to the top just over the top cut the rocks that stick out of place and follow them from the 2 o'clock rock being the pointer on Nov 1st and u will intersect my cave. That will give ya something to look for if your interested. My treat to u.

Also the measurement isn't right unless the old vara's was 6.66 ft. It's not my forte but maybe u can shed see light on that subject.

The **** I do with my free time at work. Took me about 2 hrs. Hella challenge tho for the untrained eye since the marker rocks have been "altered".

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woulda guessed someone woulda stumbled on it by accident, seeing from where where your pic is located. But shows ya if your off by an inch, your off by a mile or in my case 1.2 miles. If that's NPs mine location. Guessing it's by the dark outcropping to the right. Gotta hand it to him woulda never got there from the map as I can't see the resemblance. Map tells me it's a dif place. Btw nice way to hide it with a darker pic not to give away the easy way to find it. Don't worry never would go there. Feel like in the giving mood . Follow the ravine up the mntn to the top just over the top cut the rocks that stick out of place and follow them from the 2 o'clock rock being the pointer on Nov 1st and u will intersect my cave. That will give ya something to look for if your interested. My treat to u.

Also the measurement isn't right unless the old vara's was 6.66 ft. It's not my forte but maybe u can shed see light on that subject.

The **** I do with my free time at work. Took me about 2 hrs. Hella challenge tho for the untrained eye since the marker rocks have been "altered".

Doc, the mine is marked on the image with a red dot. Enlarge the image to see it. BTW, it's not NP's mine. It's Haywood mine.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes more sense. Got lost u posting about 2 dif locations. Thought NPs mine would be 1.2 miles away from there on the diamond as I call it. The Same area depicted on certain other map... Btw Who removed the markers as they are not there now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes more sense. Got lost u posting about 2 dif locations. Thought NPs mine would be 1.2 miles away from there on the diamond as I call it. The Same area depicted on certain other map... Btw Who removed the markers as they are not there now.

The markers are there on the other side of the mountain of NP's mine. The distance you mentioned between NP's mine and Gonzales, is incorrect.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A GE image of Gonzalez mina as is marked in the field .

View attachment 1660974

Marius, was talking about the 4 rock markers not there anymore. As shown in this pic. What happened to them? Maybe it's just the lighting from this angle.. one bush gre up and covering lil bit of it. Can make out one of them, but not the other 3. Screenshot_20210220-164533.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, was talking about the 4 rock markers not there anymore. As shown in this pic. What happened to them? Maybe it's just the lighting from this angle.. one bush gre up and covering lil bit of it. Can make out one of them, but not the other 3. View attachment 1903835

Is just the lighting. Go there to see for yourself.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not what I'm looking for. Woupd never go there. Just had fun figuring out your pic. Was a good mystery to figure out with just a pic. Still don't see any resemblance to that map to that area.. still got me believing is 1.2 miles away. Guess I'm not supposed to figure it out ,I still believe there is a resmblance of the knob map u have and the sleeping squaw map. Which would put it in the area I was talking about.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not what I'm looking for. Woupd never go there. Just had fun figuring out your pic. Was a good mystery to figure out with just a pic. Still don't see any resemblance to that map to that area.. still got me believing is 1.2 miles away. Guess I'm not supposed to figure it out ,I still believe there is a resmblance of the knob map u have and the sleeping squaw map. Which would put it in the area I was talking about.

I can guess the method you figured it out, but this is another story for another day.
The Sleeping Squaw map shows three of the seven caves which hold gold bars and have nothing to do with the region of Knob map or Gonzales map.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1661874

I personally put the knob mine at one of these locations. Have a fav choice. But guess I'm wrong. No matter, just a time filler till I get to my spot.
Screenshot_20210220-173013.png Screenshot_20210220-173157.png

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can guess the method you figured it out, but this is another story for another day.
The Sleeping Squaw map shows three of the seven caves which hold gold bars and have nothing to do with the region of Knob map or Gonzales map.

The diamond on the knob map u have would fit the 50 rock on the sleeping squaw. Plus other signs. Love a good mystery to pass time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions