dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mick. I totally agree. some may or not. not sure which ones though.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no one right way to get there. You can get there a variety of ways. "Trails" need not apply, except the path that lead inward.

And- if you know to what place all this pertains to, and you also spend quality time there, you start to recognize the profile lines that exist on all the stones, as well as the symbols which are also out there in the field. There are just enough on each piece of stone to roughly orient yourself, none of which can be seen from a top-down perspective (e.g., google maps).

Nothing matches up straightaway, nor are they intended to- and that's part of the marvelous ingenuity to me. There are three things critical to success, understanding what the stones are trying to say, understanding the area to which the stones pertain, and third and most important- your brain to create the critical synergy that is required to busca el coazon.

IMO , there is only one path to reach the caverna aurum , and this is the known trail from the known stone map .
The stone trail map would be useless if there would been many ways to get to . You can go close from two directions , but to reach the spot , you have to follow the trail from the map .
If you believe how searching the region for symbols that would belong to the Trail is easy to find them , maybe you should know how there are different symbols which could not belong to the Trail , but instead leading you to your demise . The broken heart has this meaning, and this is also a Spanish treasure symbol .
You have to know which symbols belong to the Trail , and this you can learn only at the start of the Trail .

And good luck if you know where the heart lies .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once again deducer crushes it out. I have identical thoughts, I just wish I could word it as clean as you.

to all of you readers- which symbol on the maps do you believe to be a cache location . or which symbol denotes treasure. Not including the latin heart. I believe the L.H. to be different from the map stones. yet I truly believe they are related.. I understand the translations of that.
Also does anybody have real clear pictures of the horse map with all the super light etchings visible. thanks

The heart itself is a Spanish treasure symbol for wealth . A broken heart has the same meaning , but add how you are close to your demise if you have not the skills to " read " the symbols and you don't pay attention to them .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Marius,

This is the actual heart, and it can be found by following the Stone Map trail:

There is no trick.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love a good adventure . why go if its totally safe. lol. I believe there may be more than 1 way now that roads have been put every where. gets you much closer than foot access from the beginning . . im headed down on wed. 30 hr. drive.. gonna be down for 2 weeks . must test my skills. lol

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joe. are you sure that's not one of those plywood yard decorations, that looks like old farmer lady bent over. lol. kidding brother. looks awesome . thanks for sharing it.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once again deducer crushes it out. I have identical thoughts, I just wish I could word it as clean as you.

to all of you readers- which symbol on the maps do you believe to be a cache location . or which symbol denotes treasure. Not including the latin heart. I believe the L.H. to be different from the map stones. yet I truly believe they are related.. I understand the translations of that.
Also does anybody have real clear pictures of the horse map with all the super light etchings visible. thanks

Howdy dredgernaut,

Like you, I also like to hear different ideas that others may have on the PSM's. Always like to find something to read when I login. Since you ask, I will share my "opinions" for your enjoyment, not as an effort of persuasion. When the mine is found, you will then know who was right, and who was blowing smoke up your patootie.

The PSM's happen to lead to the LDM, not treasure, this is written in stone. Yes two of the Dutchman's own clues are on those stones. Only the circle within a circle stands for the cached trail map, and heart on the P/H stone, and for the mine on the Heart stone. Most of the other symbols are landmarks that can be seen with google earth, (which can be tilted) even the bracketed cross, "corazon, cura, y corcel". Impossible? Everything is possible, I can even set google earth back in time, find the North star of the night the Peraltas surveyed the mine, and line it up with Weaver's Needle.

The only thing the PSM's have in common with the Latin Heart, and Bilbrey stone crosses, is that those others were copycatted from the PSM's. They don't direct you anywhere in the world, not even a general area, they are not maps. A map gives you a general area, direction, starting point, and ending point with detail as to the exact spot.

All four stones are needed, none of them lead to the mine alone. The exact location has been cleverly strewed on three of them.

Wishing you a safe trip, and good luck in your search. We just spent the day with a Nephew that came from Wisconsin, and will be heading back in two days. He sure enjoyed our tee shirt weather here in South Texas.

Homar

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO , there is only one path to reach the caverna aurum , and this is the known trail from the known stone map .
The stone trail map would be useless if there would been many ways to get to . You can go close from two directions , but to reach the spot , you have to follow the trail from the map .
If you believe how searching the region for symbols that would belong to the Trail is easy to find them , maybe you should know how there are different symbols which could not belong to the Trail , but instead leading you to your demise . The broken heart has this meaning, and this is also a Spanish treasure symbol .
You have to know which symbols belong to the Trail , and this you can learn only at the start of the Trail .

And good luck if you know where the heart lies .

For me, the ultimate genius is that one does not make sense without the other. You need the Stone Maps to make sense of the area to which they apply, and you need the right area in order to make sense of the Stone Maps. Each of them on their own, does not make any sense at all. This is a very clever approach and one that essentially prevents accidental discovery, because nothing in the field lines up quite properly- everything is just slightly offset. You may noto triangulum in the field, but as it’s offset just enough, you’ll be digging in solid rock for a very long time if you didn’t have the Stone Maps to refer to, to understand what’s really going on. Makes me think of the Van der Rohe quote “God is in the details.”

Someone put in some really serious thought into this. Someone who had a lot of time to think about this from every angle. It was as useful a mental exercise for them as much as it is for us. It’s designed to reward patience and punish haste.

For you or anyone to try and decipher the maps on their own is as useful as trying to guess the layout of a map just from the map legend alone, which is an exercise in impossibility. I have attached an example of a map legend and from this I challenge you to envision what the actual map looks like.

iu.jpeg

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning fellas. thanks for sharing Homar . I also like to hear possibilities . maybe they apply to my theory maybe they don't. but cant hurt to ask or listen. I hope your nephew brought you a box of cheese, if he didn't, tell him to talk to me about representing the cheese heads a little better. and then ill send you some. lol.

Deducer . I thought we were friends . now I gotta start all over with your map legend. lol. kidding bud. I agree some one was a master cartographer for sure. amazing what they knew how to do back then. that kind of mapping knowledge is why I believe it was the Spanish. they helped to chart the world. with some of the best ships on the water. crossed most of south America and parts of north America. that's the kind of organization and understanding I think it would require to complete this . IMO anyways

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, the ultimate genius is that one does not make sense without the other. You need the Stone Maps to make sense of the area to which they apply, and you need the right area in order to make sense of the Stone Maps. Each of them on their own, does not make any sense at all. This is a very clever approach and one that essentially prevents accidental discovery, because nothing in the field lines up quite properly- everything is just slightly offset. You may noto triangulum in the field, but as it’s offset just enough, you’ll be digging in solid rock for a very long time if you didn’t have the Stone Maps to refer to, to understand what’s really going on. Makes me think of the Van der Rohe quote “God is in the details.”

Someone put in some really serious thought into this. Someone who had a lot of time to think about this from every angle. It was as useful a mental exercise for them as much as it is for us. It’s designed to reward patience and punish haste.

For you or anyone to try and decipher the maps on their own is as useful as trying to guess the layout of a map just from the map legend alone, which is an exercise in impossibility. I have attached an example of a map legend and from this I challenge you to envision what the actual map looks like.

View attachment 1677082

Yes , the stone maps were made with ingeniosity . Look at the hearts pic , what harmony in details . Each heart point , extends the same out of the other , and their axis join above the church .
The Latin heart ( blue ) is about 23 varas large and the Trail's heart ( red ) is 32 . And this choice of numbers and proportions is a part of the ingeniosity .

hearts.jpg

When you are in the Latin heart , you are like in your home ( without walls ) and can see all the things , like noto the bed and noto the chair , etc . You don't need any map legend to see all the clues .
And , the Spanish treasure maps have not any map legend , but are like the crossword puzzle . As much as you solve them , so easy you can solve them . They have something common , like words and symbols , which help you to " read " them more easily .

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I seem to be in disagreement with you all, First you seem to have a symbol meaning chart with Know known correlation at all to the Stone Maps, Then the overlay's from one to the other with no reason. And the only map, that may pretaint to the LMD is the Priest Map, Which is zeroing you to the Heart, But if that is you'll have a hard time breaking the establish twisted tale that is in place. May I suggest a symbol book by Hawkeye Pierce it not 100% but a way better choice then posted.

babymick1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I seem to be in disagreement with you all, First you seem to have a symbol meaning chart with Know known correlation at all to the Stone Maps, Then the overlay's from one to the other with no reason. And the only map, that may pretaint to the LMD is the Priest Map, Which is zeroing you to the Heart, But if that is you'll have a hard time breaking the establish twisted tale that is in place. May I suggest a symbol book by Hawkeye Pierce it not 100% but a way better choice then posted.

babymick1

IMO , the priest map has not any relation with the LDM . It describes and advices to use the stone trail map from one point to another .

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my opinion is - only the horse/priest stone and don and cross stones with heart map go together.. I think the latin heart different , not to be read with the others. maybe not even he same makers . and bilbrey crosses are descriptive with no actual info for me. maybe not same makers. big differences in writing styles , engraving looks different to me , just don't seem the same I think. I do think the 5 stones could have lead to something of value , most likely already recovered or maybe found later. the 31 cache locations on the L.H. seems weird to me . if your gonna hide something why spend so much extra time splitting it up and mapping it out. when your being hunted by apache. hide it and leave . 1 spot, easy access to recover later. as close to safety and or out of the mountains as possible. but i do NOT think you should overlay any maps when trying to read them, they all say what they were meant to. and to be read separately as they look. IMO. anyways. i do not claim to know anything nor do i wish to sway anyone. but i heard to much cheese clouds the mind. lol

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy all. I made it home. what a trip. I was tired from driving before I even started hiking. lol. I covered 14 miles carrying 45lbs. dang near killed me to do it. camped 6 nights and it snowed 4 of the nights. ice still present and snow in the shade at 5200 ft and higher.. I woke up just shivering and hurting every morning. guess I should have waited a little longer. but there was not 1 snake to be seen. made it to 25% of what I wanted to see. never made it to my primary point of interest. there was plenty of water flowing. my buddy found a very old pack mule shoe. I was almost heart broke I didn't find it. pretty odd and difficult location to find a shoe I would say. there were some retired folks hiking so strong I felt like a total wimp. lol. but the were not carrying any weight. that sure is an amazing place and can make a fairly tough guy feel pretty insignificant. I will try to get back down early April and try again. sorry about upside down pic. tried to fix. 20190211_122414.jpg

Attachments

• 20190208_162915.jpg
    20190208_162915.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 114
  • 20190211_114706.jpg
    20190211_114706.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut