Post Pics of your gold, treasures found in the Supers here!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick, is that placer . looks very rounded or tumbled. im not questioning you. just wondering

I suppose it's placer of some sort, it's crushed between layers of Quarts but not in the host rock. The little pebbles are pressed in there to. But that's a pile exactly how it falls out when you hammer it. Never been panned.

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
lol..we have called mick on this before...

Dave, I gave you the Clue to it before, Waltz never had any gold ore, thus that would make the Know Dutchman ore a fabrication and the Matchbox. The early accounts of the Dutchman's gold was large nuggets to flakes. Here is your way to find out how big they were. I told you there on a 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Print the photo out in color on your home computer select edge to edge of page place standard 8x11 paper in printer and press print. That will give you approximent size of the gold in photo.

wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave, I gave you the Clue to it before, Waltz never had any gold ore, thus that would make the Know Dutchman ore a fabrication and the Matchbox. The early accounts of the Dutchman's gold was large nuggets to flakes. Here is your way to find out how big they were. I told you there on a 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Print the photo out in color on your home computer select edge to edge of page place standard 8x11 paper in printer and press print. That will give you approximent size of the gold in photo.

wrmickel1
mick...me and anyone else that is a miner on this forum knows that is placer gold...it is also dirty gold (gold alloyed with alot of copper)..hence the dark color...i have seen alot of gold that came out of the supers and it was all a brilliant gold color..i've never seen any from the supers dark with copper...i do have some gold that came from copperopolis (n.w. of lake pleasant) that is dark..but i have never seen dark gold come from the supers

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...me and anyone else that is a miner on this forum knows that is placer gold...it is also dirty gold (gold alloyed with alot of copper)..hence the dark color...i have seen alot of gold that came out of the supers and it was all a brilliant gold color..i've never seen any from the supers dark with copper...i do have some gold that came from copperopolis (n.w. of lake pleasant) that is dark..but i have never seen dark gold come from the supers

Yeah, I never denied it wasn't placer gold, Dave, Or that it was pure gold and it did come from a highly copper region Dave. Matter of fact there's millions of tons of copper there. But you only know of the copper region cause someone told you Dave. Copper mines in the area I don't. But the point is if you were in the supers as much as you say. You walked over tons of it and didn't even know. I can tell you what's in the ground by flipping over a stone that's been there along time. Just because the tops of Stones look pretty much the same the bottom is the history to the ground as the top is to the elements. That's the first rule to a gemologist. Ask Frank I'm sure he'll take ya.

Wrmickel1 River in January are the black rocks on the mesa tops in the mountains, Caused by the intense sun reacting to the organic material in the rock. When it rains they look like a river, Thus That Maps say RIO

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I never denied it wasn't placer gold, Dave, Or that it was pure gold and it did come from a highly copper region Dave. Matter of fact there's millions of tons of copper there. But you only know of the copper region cause someone told you Dave. Copper mines in the area I don't. But the point is if you were in the supers as much as you say. You walked over tons of it and didn't even know. I can tell you what's in the ground by flipping over a stone that's been there along time. Just because the tops of Stones look pretty much the same the bottom is the history to the ground as the top is to the elements. That's the first rule to a gemologist. Ask Frank I'm sure he'll take ya.

Wrmickel1 River in January are the black rocks on the mesa tops in the mountains, Caused by the intense sun reacting to the organic material in the rock. When it rains they look like a river, Thus That Maps say RIO
not that i understood a word you wrote .:occasion14:....but there are quite a few copper mines in the supers but none rich enough to darken the gold..the old wasp mine was found on a blue stained rock...copper ore..but the gold was bright gold..and speaking of frank..the gold he found in the supers was bright colored gold too..if you look back through his old posts you will see pics of it....come on mick..fess up..you got that pic online somewhere:dontknow:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whole lot of typing. Not much treasure. To find the real treasure of the LDM, look in Apache Junction.:skullflag:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Whole lot of typing. Not much treasure. To find the real treasure of the LDM, look in Apache Junction.:skullflag:

Regarding treasure in Apache Junction, I finally got around to watching one of the "Lost Gold" shows that the Feldman brothers have going on the Travel Channel. I usually can't stand treasure shows because of all the fake drama, fighting, and general BS that someone in the TV industry thinks people want to watch. Maybe younger folks like that stuff, but I have no time for it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this new show. No fighting, no drama, just two laid-back AZ brothers doing normal treasure hunter stuff. So yes, I think there's treasure in AJ, in these two young men who have obviously been raised properly and have finally put on a treasure show that's actually watchable. Kinda proud of 'em.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
not that i understood a word you wrote .:occasion14:....but there are quite a few copper mines in the supers but none rich enough to darken the gold..the old wasp mine was found on a blue stained rock...copper ore..but the gold was bright gold..and speaking of frank..the gold he found in the supers was bright colored gold too..if you look back through his old posts you will see pics of it....come on mick..fess up..you got that pic online somewhere:dontknow:

Of course you don't understand, That's the point your a placer miner. A Tin Pan!
Heres one alittle more Goldie for you. One that might play into the Matchbox not to far from the other Mine but can't be seen from the other. A clue that Waltz used.

IMG_1887.JPG

Wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Regarding treasure in Apache Junction, I finally got around to watching one of the "Lost Gold" shows that the Feldman brothers have going on the Travel Channel. I usually can't stand treasure shows because of all the fake drama, fighting, and general BS that someone in the TV industry thinks people want to watch. Maybe younger folks like that stuff, but I have no time for it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this new show. No fighting, no drama, just two laid-back AZ brothers doing normal treasure hunter stuff. So yes, I think there's treasure in AJ, in these two young men who have obviously been raised properly and have finally put on a treasure show that's actually watchable. Kinda proud of 'em.

i have been watching them also...i'm with you jim..very pleasant to watch...i'm friends with both the feldman boys and they get along just as well in real life as they do on the show...their show is definitely a refreshing break from other reality shows

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course you don't understand, That's the point your a placer miner. A Tin Pan!
Heres one alittle more Goldie for you. One that might play into the Matchbox not to far from the other Mine but can't be seen from the other. A clue that Waltz used.

View attachment 1678129

Wrmickel1

Oh, stop it Mick. Everyone knows Dave's not just a "placer miner". For cryin' out loud. Didn't you say the matchbox was fake because it wasn't "Rose Quartz"? That microscope picture you just posted doesn't look too "rosy" to me. Maybe you can send me some of those gems, I ran out of beads for my "Bedazzler".

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

View attachment 1678129

Wrmickel1
mick...i understand more about hardrock mining than you will ever learn watching youtube..you should have paid more attention in school because your grammar makes it hard to decipher your writing..maybe slow down on the beers?:dontknow:...also the sample you just posted looks to be pyrite...note the square and angular pyrite crystals

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't let Dave see that, it'll drive him bonkers. How dare one piece has all that different gold tones.
Nice piece Carrol. Looks to be, I'd say from the Northwest of the range.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, that one piece has a lot of copper in the gold.
You just said that, didn't you Professor.

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, stop it Mick. Everyone knows Dave's not just a "placer miner". For cryin' out loud. Didn't you say the matchbox was fake because it wasn't "Rose Quartz"? That microscope picture you just posted doesn't look too "rosy" to me. Maybe you can send me some of those gems, I ran out of beads for my "Bedazzler".

Potbelly, How could you.

You know Dave and I, has a lot of experience in hard rock mining and placer. So why didn't he call it for what the gold in the pic is. Crystalline Gold in Quarts. Follows the same structure as any crystalline metals. That just shows you the Professor is deceptive in his opinion.

Wrmickel1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread