Post Pics of your gold, treasures found in the Supers here! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree355Likes

Thread: Post Pics of your gold, treasures found in the Supers here!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgernaut View Post
    mick, is that placer . looks very rounded or tumbled. im not questioning you. just wondering
    lol..we have called mick on this before...

us
    Nov 2004
    198 times
    Here we go again.
    coazon de oro likes this.

us
    Mr.

Apr 2015
    AZ
    Old Compass, I have 3 of them!!
    1278 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    I wonder how much per ton?
    dredgernaut and coazon de oro like this.

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrol View Post
    I wonder how much per ton?
    11 opt

us
    Mr.

Apr 2015
    AZ
    Old Compass, I have 3 of them!!
    1278 times
    My dad gold plated his hammers with ore from out there......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zaaa.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	1677886

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1260 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgernaut View Post
    mick, is that placer . looks very rounded or tumbled. im not questioning you. just wondering
    I suppose it's placer of some sort, it's crushed between layers of Quarts but not in the host rock. The little pebbles are pressed in there to. But that's a pile exactly how it falls out when you hammer it. Never been panned.

Wrmickel1
    dredgernaut and coazon de oro like this.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1260 times
    you crushed a rock and panned that out of it?
    NO, as I said

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1260 times
    lol..we have called mick on this before...
    Dave, I gave you the Clue to it before, Waltz never had any gold ore, thus that would make the Know Dutchman ore a fabrication and the Matchbox. The early accounts of the Dutchman's gold was large nuggets to flakes. Here is your way to find out how big they were. I told you there on a 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Print the photo out in color on your home computer select edge to edge of page place standard 8x11 paper in printer and press print. That will give you approximent size of the gold in photo.

wrmickel1

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Dave, I gave you the Clue to it before, Waltz never had any gold ore, thus that would make the Know Dutchman ore a fabrication and the Matchbox. The early accounts of the Dutchman's gold was large nuggets to flakes. Here is your way to find out how big they were. I told you there on a 8 x 11 sheet of paper. Print the photo out in color on your home computer select edge to edge of page place standard 8x11 paper in printer and press print. That will give you approximent size of the gold in photo.

wrmickel1
    mick...me and anyone else that is a miner on this forum knows that is placer gold...it is also dirty gold (gold alloyed with alot of copper)..hence the dark color...i have seen alot of gold that came out of the supers and it was all a brilliant gold color..i've never seen any from the supers dark with copper...i do have some gold that came from copperopolis (n.w. of lake pleasant) that is dark..but i have never seen dark gold come from the supers

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1260 times
    mick...me and anyone else that is a miner on this forum knows that is placer gold...it is also dirty gold (gold alloyed with alot of copper)..hence the dark color...i have seen alot of gold that came out of the supers and it was all a brilliant gold color..i've never seen any from the supers dark with copper...i do have some gold that came from copperopolis (n.w. of lake pleasant) that is dark..but i have never seen dark gold come from the supers
    Yeah, I never denied it wasn't placer gold, Dave, Or that it was pure gold and it did come from a highly copper region Dave. Matter of fact there's millions of tons of copper there. But you only know of the copper region cause someone told you Dave. Copper mines in the area I don't. But the point is if you were in the supers as much as you say. You walked over tons of it and didn't even know. I can tell you what's in the ground by flipping over a stone that's been there along time. Just because the tops of Stones look pretty much the same the bottom is the history to the ground as the top is to the elements. That's the first rule to a gemologist. Ask Frank I'm sure he'll take ya.

Wrmickel1 River in January are the black rocks on the mesa tops in the mountains, Caused by the intense sun reacting to the organic material in the rock. When it rains they look like a river, Thus That Maps say RIO

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Yeah, I never denied it wasn't placer gold, Dave, Or that it was pure gold and it did come from a highly copper region Dave. Matter of fact there's millions of tons of copper there. But you only know of the copper region cause someone told you Dave. Copper mines in the area I don't. But the point is if you were in the supers as much as you say. You walked over tons of it and didn't even know. I can tell you what's in the ground by flipping over a stone that's been there along time. Just because the tops of Stones look pretty much the same the bottom is the history to the ground as the top is to the elements. That's the first rule to a gemologist. Ask Frank I'm sure he'll take ya.

Wrmickel1 River in January are the black rocks on the mesa tops in the mountains, Caused by the intense sun reacting to the organic material in the rock. When it rains they look like a river, Thus That Maps say RIO
    not that i understood a word you wrote .....but there are quite a few copper mines in the supers but none rich enough to darken the gold..the old wasp mine was found on a blue stained rock...copper ore..but the gold was bright gold..and speaking of frank..the gold he found in the supers was bright colored gold too..if you look back through his old posts you will see pics of it....come on mick..fess up..you got that pic online somewhere

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23025 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Whole lot of typing. Not much treasure. To find the real treasure of the LDM, look in Apache Junction.

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Whole lot of typing. Not much treasure. To find the real treasure of the LDM, look in Apache Junction.
    you obviously haven't been to apache juction lately lol

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2017
    1770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Regarding treasure in Apache Junction, I finally got around to watching one of the "Lost Gold" shows that the Feldman brothers have going on the Travel Channel. I usually can't stand treasure shows because of all the fake drama, fighting, and general BS that someone in the TV industry thinks people want to watch. Maybe younger folks like that stuff, but I have no time for it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this new show. No fighting, no drama, just two laid-back AZ brothers doing normal treasure hunter stuff. So yes, I think there's treasure in AJ, in these two young men who have obviously been raised properly and have finally put on a treasure show that's actually watchable. Kinda proud of 'em.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1260 times
    not that i understood a word you wrote .....but there are quite a few copper mines in the supers but none rich enough to darken the gold..the old wasp mine was found on a blue stained rock...copper ore..but the gold was bright gold..and speaking of frank..the gold he found in the supers was bright colored gold too..if you look back through his old posts you will see pics of it....come on mick..fess up..you got that pic online somewhere
    Of course you don't understand, That's the point your a placer miner. A Tin Pan!
    Heres one alittle more Goldie for you. One that might play into the Matchbox not to far from the other Mine but can't be seen from the other. A clue that Waltz used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1887.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	364.3 KB 
ID:	1678129

Wrmickel1
    coazon de oro and weekender like this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links