Post Pics of your gold, treasures found in the Supers here!

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0896.JPG from the S.W.A. . Way off any trail. steep hillside . I was hard for me to move. poor mule.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mick...me and anyone else that is a miner on this forum knows that is placer gold...it is also dirty gold (gold alloyed with alot of copper)..hence the dark color...i have seen alot of gold that came out of the supers and it was all a brilliant gold color..i've never seen any from the supers dark with copper...i do have some gold that came from copperopolis (n.w. of lake pleasant) that is dark..but i have never seen dark gold come from the supers

Hey Dave,

I know this is a little old, but I just noticed it. You should ask Frank to see some of the gold from his and Woody's Claim. It looks like brass. Its not from silver, but from Mercury. Wash it in vinegar and it gets bright.

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hey Dave,

I know this is a little old, but I just noticed it. You should ask Frank to see some of the gold from his and Woody's Claim. It looks like brass. Its not from silver, but from Mercury. Wash it in vinegar and it gets bright.

Mike
howdy mike...i have seen franks gold..the stuff i saw looked pretty gold colored to me...as far as mercury goes....vinegar is an acid....it would probably take the mercury into solution,,especially if the ambient temp was pretty high..like a summer day in phoenix..lol ...i saw on the news there is a fire up your way...are you guys out of harms way?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy mike...i have seen franks gold..the stuff i saw looked pretty gold colored to me...as far as mercury goes....vinegar is an acid....it would probably take the mercury into solution,,especially if the ambient temp was pretty high..like a summer day in phoenix..lol ...i saw on the news there is a fire up your way...are you guys out of harms way?

Ask him, he may have already washed it. I think Woody still has some unwashed stuff. I'll see if he does. Around here, Upper Lynx Creek Gold is VERY bright, while Lower Lynx Gold is dull and dark (copper).

The Cellar Fire is still on the other side of the mountains from us. As hot as its been, it might make a run, but they still haven't evacuated Walker or Crown King. If it gets past Walker (towards Prescott Valley) or into Mayer, it might be time to get a little apprehensive, but now its nothing.

Thanks - Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Ask him, he may have already washed it. I think Woody still has some unwashed stuff. I'll see if he does. Around here, Upper Lynx Creek Gold is VERY bright, while Lower Lynx Gold is dull and dark (copper).

The Cellar Fire is still on the other side of the mountains from us. As hot as its been, it might make a run, but they still haven't evacuated Walker or Crown King. If it gets past Walker (towards Prescott Valley) or into Mayer, it might be time to get a little apprehensive, but now its nothing.

Thanks - Mike
if we don't get our monsoon season soon the whole state is going to burn down:icon_scratch:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if we don't get our monsoon season soon the whole state is going to burn down:icon_scratch:

Supposed to start tonight. Just heard the Cellar Fire is at 7512 acres and stopped gaining ground.

Mike

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some super finds Henry Waltz would be proud

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Probably Superstition Mountain Ca.
Wonder which got the name first.

In Cali, they are REALLY Superstition Hills. I have been there a ton of times. They are called Superstition because there are cave systems underneath them and you can always hear booms,cracks,and strange sounds coming from underground.

Mike

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was on a western face of a canyon running northerly. no trail to be seen , I just thought it was a possible route. it was a task for sure. cant understand why anybody besides me would pass there. much less with animals. this might actually be a donkey shoe. its fairly small. it is 4.5 inches and wide 5.5 inches long. it has suffered considerable rust and pitting for being from the desert. thanks for your interest in it.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
For sure. I was trying to research how old it might be after i saw it last night but it's difficult dating shoes. Needless to say the Spanish loved little mules/burros and this could be from that time. Awesome find.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey old man. (meant respectfully). my thoughts exactly. I think it could be old enough. I showed a ferrier. he said at least the early 1800s. but again just a guess. thanks i am proud of it. its on my living room wall..lol

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
hey old man. (meant respectfully). my thoughts exactly. I think it could be old enough. I showed a ferrier. he said at least the early 1800s. but again just a guess. thanks i am proud of it. its on my living room wall..lol

All good here brotha. Yeah It'd be on mine too. I saw a blog post from a fella a few years back that found one in the darnedest of places and I saw yours last night. Good stuff. I wonder how many poor mules or even worse long legged horses were pushed too far back then. Good stuff.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good here brotha. Yeah It'd be on mine too. I saw a blog post from a fella a few years back that found one in the darnedest of places and I saw yours last night. Good stuff. I wonder how many poor mules or even worse long legged horses were pushed too far back then. Good stuff.
Here's the one I found my first scouting trip in the sups. Had gone up Geronimo head to get a good look at the Sup and get the layout for future trips.

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 37

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread