The Kingdom of Reality

AndrewHood

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2019
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering if anyone knows what ever became of Doc Rosencran's The Kingdom of Reality, submitted as a petition for the James Kidd estate. I asked at the Museum a few years ago, and asked Tom Kollenborn (RIP) about it, and no one knows where it ever got to. It sounds like a fascinating book!

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last I knew docs Kingdom of Reality manuscript, the original was with Beatrice Lewis. Doc later tried to prove the existence of the soul which was James Kidds estate challenge for a 500k prize.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AndrewHood, ..... Doc did not use his Kingdom of Reality manuscript to prove the soul challenge in Kidds estate. His manuscript dealt mostly with Docs philosophy of life and it's purpose. Kidds estate challenge came later on.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AH, ...... Doc wrote the Kingdom manuscript in the 50s, about 1957. James Kidds soul challenge came along in 1964. Doc submitted a photo to the court. It was disqualified. Barrows hospital eventually got Kidds 500k.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'm wondering if anyone knows what ever became of Doc Rosencran's The Kingdom of Reality, submitted as a petition for the James Kidd estate. I asked at the Museum a few years ago, and asked Tom Kollenborn (RIP) about it, and no one knows where it ever got to. It sounds like a fascinating book!
carrol knew doc pretty well...you might post a question to him here

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azdave35, ... Doc was just one of 130 some people who tried to get Kidds 500k. Kidd had 500k in EF Hutton stock when he died. Barrows was awarded the money but I think a judge later rescinded the order and some new age outfit got a part of it. Docs Kingdom manuscript is a good read although nothing to do with the dutchman or mines.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Azdave35, ... Doc was just one of 130 some people who tried to get Kidds 500k. Kidd had 500k in EF Hutton stock when he died. Barrows was awarded the money but I think a judge later rescinded the order and some new age outfit got a part of it. Docs Kingdom manuscript is a good read although nothing to do with the dutchman or mines.
wow matthew..thats one story i never heard before...500k was a fortune back then..who needs the ldm if you had that...lol..i'm sure thats what doc was thinking too

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azdave35,..... Read John Fullers 1969 book, The Great Soul Trial, about the proceedings in Phoenix superior Court for James Kidds 500k inheritance. Fascinating reading and Doc Rosencrans attempt to claim the money is well documented. Walter Beach's son showed me where James Kidd was buried near Haunted canyon.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove the existence of a soul is not so difficult if someone knows the proper way . The only things required are : a Bible , a piece of thread and a key .

OP
OP
A

AndrewHood

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2019
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew Roberts... I've read it reported that Doc read from the manuscript in court--outlining how atomic bomb testing had caused mankind to suffer a nervous breakdown while also releasing "unseen forces of error"--but ultimately didn't submit it into evidence. Doc's appearance in The Great Soul Trial is compelling. While it sounds like his manuscript has nothing to do with the Dutchman, he equates the search for the soul with search for the mine: "We hunt treasure out here, as I said. Odd, but everybody looks at the same map, but they go to different places in the hills--all positive that they have it figured out right. And they get mad if they talk together, because one will call the other stupid, and so forth. I tell you, it's exactly like religion, and maybe that's why Kidd wasn't so far off, after all. The search for gold and the search for the soul aren't so far apart in a good many ways."

Have you read the manuscript yourself? I can't recall who it was that I spoke with at the LD Museum when I was there asking, but he said he's visit Doc, and Doc would read from it, and you'd feel sick for a few days afterwards. I understand Doc must have seen unforgettable horrors when reporting on the death camps and it sounds like The Kingdom of Reality was his way of putting that horror in some sort of context.

Thanks for all your help and insight.

OP
OP
A

AndrewHood

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2019
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azdave35... One of the going (though certainly unsubstantiated) theories is that Kidd, penniless by all appearances, found the Dutchman and that was the money he left in his will--which went undiscovered for about two decades following his disappearance.

OP
OP
A

AndrewHood

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2019
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew Roberts... I'm not familiar with Beatrice Lewis. Is she someone that could be gotten in touch with without intruding or bothering?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Matthew Roberts... I'm not familiar with Beatrice Lewis. Is she someone that could be gotten in touch with without intruding or bothering?
she is probably one of the lewis's up on highway 88 at government well...last time i was up there i was greeted by a fellow they call shotgun tommy..he is the caretaker of the place

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AndrewHood,..... Yes I have read the Kingdom of Reality manuscript and yes it is a very depressing but interesting work. Doc was at the death camps at the end of WWII and it had a sad affect on him. Beatrice Lewis passed on but her nephew JN Gould had her things. Doc wrote the Kingdom manuscript some 8 years before James Kidds 500k became aware to the public. It has nothing he might have used to prove the existence of a soul but is a great human interest story.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azdave35,... Beatrice Lewis was the wife of Alfred Lewis, the engineer at the Mammoth and Bulldog mines. She lived at Goldfield where the Goldfield ghost town is today.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azdave35, ....Beatrice Lewis knew Doc Rosencrans well for decades. She was the lone caretaker at the Mammoth mine for Ted Sliger, Hugh Nickels, Tom Reynolds and C C Waterbury. She lived in a little shack about where the Mammoth Steak House is today. She was known to run trespassers off with her shotgun. Bob Schoose got the property for Goldfield Ghost Town from the Waterbury family estate.

OP
OP
A

AndrewHood

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2019
Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew Roberts... Sorry to pile on questions, but I've been interested in Doc and this book for quite a while. (If you're not interested in being pumped for memories, I completely understand...) Do you recall what sort of conclusions he drew? What he thought the structure of reality actually was?

Just doing some general searches, I've come across letters that Doc had written into an early Scientology magazine called The Aberree ("the non-serious voice of Scientology") and it sounds like there was no limits to Doc's interests. I know that L Ron Hubbard was based in Phoenix around the early 50s and wonder if that proximity had anything to do with his interest in Scientology...

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AndrewHood,..... Docs Kingdom of Reality was not a book. He never published it nor intended to. It was a manuscript dealing with many aspects of the human existance. It followed no pattern and was quite deep intellectually. To capture it would take many pages to try to explain. Doc basically believed all life had harsh realities wether a person recognized them or not. These realities could make even the best become monsters. The manuscript is not a happy look at the human race or their capabilities. I do not have a copy of the manuscript and has been many years since I read it but can say anyone who reads it will never look at the human race quite the same again. Doc was a skillful writer, of that there is no doubt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread