Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Location of Valencia mine claim near Bumble Bee?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Dec 2008
    2,203
    5018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    Thank you Mathew. I very much enjoy your posts.

    I live on E. Surrey Dr. in Cave Creek, not far from where you once lived.
    steve..if i remember correctly you do jeep tours..if it is your intent to come on here and get info on historical locations so you can take a bunch of future vandals out there..then you probably wont be very welcome here..
    coazon de oro likes this.

  2. #17
    us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    744
    3171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    Thank you Mathew. I very much enjoy your posts.

    I live on E. Surrey Dr. in Cave Creek, not far from where you once lived.
    Steve Jenkins, ..... Yes a long time back I lived north of Cave Creek on Fleming Springs road. That was before Cave Creek was incorporated and became discovered by everyone. My place was the old Picha ranch which was totally isolated then but today is amid hundreds and hundreds of new upscale homes.

  3. #18

    Aug 2017
    477
    537 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    steve..if i remember correctly you do jeep tours..if it is your intent to come on here and get info on historical locations so you can take a bunch of future vandals out there..then you probably wont be very welcome here..
    I sure hope no vandals will stumble upon any of the sites I have been to...It could be one of the main reasons I will not reveal any of their locations...I would hate to see some idiot or idiots carve hearts or horses or any other trash on said sites...

    Ed T
    coazon de oro likes this.

  4. #19
    us
    Dec 2008
    2,203
    5018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWhite View Post
    I sure hope no vandals will stumble upon any of the sites I have been to...It could be one of the main reasons I will not reveal any of their locations...I would hate to see some idiot or idiots carve hearts or horses or any other trash on said sites...

    Ed T
    ed..dont show anyone and nobody will destroy it
    JohnWhite and coazon de oro like this.

  5. #20
    us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    744
    3171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    steve..if i remember correctly you do jeep tours..if it is your intent to come on here and get info on historical locations so you can take a bunch of future vandals out there..then you probably wont be very welcome here..
    azdave35,..... Some people may use rides on jeep tours to check out sites for theft or vandalism. But jeep tours are also a good way for people to learn about that theft and vandalism and what it is doing to Arizona. The two largest private collections of Arizona artifacts were owned by the CEO of APS and Barry Goldwater. Don't ask how they acquired those artifacts.
    coazon de oro likes this.

  6. #21
    us
    Dec 2008
    2,203
    5018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Roberts View Post
    azdave35,..... Some people may use rides on jeep tours to check out sites for theft or vandalism. But jeep tours are also a good way for people to learn about that theft and vandalism and what it is doing to Arizona. The two largest private collections of Arizona artifacts were owned by the CEO of APS and Barry Goldwater. Don't ask how they acquired those artifacts.
    lol...dont have to ask....
    coazon de oro likes this.

  7. #22

    Aug 2017
    477
    537 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    ed..dont show anyone and nobody will destroy it
    I have no intentions to show said sites to anyone dave...lol...Heck...I won't even show my kids said sites...I have tried to convince them of their importance...Yet the are non believers...rofl

    Go figure...

    Ed T
    coazon de oro and markmar like this.

  8. #23
    us
    Director of Research, Acquisitions, Archives and Library, Superstition Mountain Historical Society,and one of its founders, Member of Arizona First Families, Westerners, Arizona Historical Society, Central Arizona Museum Association and the Dons Club

    Oct 2013
    Tempe, Arizona
    eyeball it
    152
    543 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good afternoon Matthew: I am adding an epilogue to my last post. From what I saw on the site, it appeared to me that the owner of the mine was the one who bull dosed the site of the old stamp mill foundation. I would speculate that he was looking for gold that might have fallen thought the cracks of the mill. Just a guess on my part for I see no other reason for his dosing the site. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

  9. #24
    us
    Sep 2018
    Cave Creek, Az
    58
    60 times
    Relic Hunting
    No Dave. I worked for a company that has several very established tour routes that we stick to.

    I explore on my own for my own amusement during the slow summer months and try to get off the beaten path during that type of thing.

    Commercial tours have to be just a few hours in length from start to finish so there are a great many limitations in terms where that makes since.

    The trip to Crown King would be for fun with friends.

    Any trip to the Supers would be same lines.

    I got a job as a tour guide because it allows be to be paid to enjoy the desert.

    My interest in the LDM has more to do with my interest in history and solving puzzles.
    coazon de oro likes this.

  10. #25
    us
    Sep 2018
    Cave Creek, Az
    58
    60 times
    Relic Hunting
    I am aware of a few interesting historical sights like this one that have been disassembled like described here, perhaps to keep folks from visiting.

    The former Ghost town of Gillette is a perfect example. Other than the foundation of the Burfind Hotel, nothing is left except an open pit mine which was not originally part of the town. That location has as much history as any place I can imagine.
    coazon de oro likes this.

  11. #26
    us
    Sep 2018
    Cave Creek, Az
    58
    60 times
    Relic Hunting
    My interest in the mine in question in this post is related to the idea that JW might have had a Cache somewhere nortwest of Phoenix.

    There seems to be a link between JW and Jack Swilling that goes back to employment at his Arastra if not longer. This mine and the Vulture mine were alleged to be among his best customers.

    When the Vulture Mine received its first Stamp Mill, Swilling closed his arrastra and both him and JW sought employment at the Vulture Mine.

    Pedro and Miguel Peralta not only had a connection to the Valencia mine, they operated a dry goods store out of Wockenburg during this time period. That would provide JW at least two opportunities to have met and developed a relationship with Miguel Peralta.


    At some point the Valencia was claimed to have been attacked by Apache and a three day running gun battled is alleged to have occurred. I believe this event took place along the bloody basin area and perhaps along the area ranched by Richard Holmes and may have extended to as far as the location of his Onyx Mine near Seven Springs.

    The story as I understand it involved the loss of all pack mules and the hiding of high grade ore that had been gathered up as the group fled.

    I believe this event was first reported in a Prescott publication in 1892, the year after Jacob Waltz died in 1892.

    My memory is hazy but I believe the name of the publication is the Prescott Prospector.
    Last edited by Steve Jenkins; Mar 12, 2019 at 08:46 AM.
    PotBelly Jim likes this.

  12. #27
    us
    Sep 2018
    Cave Creek, Az
    58
    60 times
    Relic Hunting
    The company I work for operates out of Cave Creek. I could not imagine any way to keep our customers amused long enough to make any trip from there into the Bradshaw’s or the Supers to make any sense, but both areas are a fun place for me and close friends to elxplore when things get slow.

    All of our tours are much closer to our home base and will stay that way.

    For my personal trips I am much less limited but I prefer to explore areas with some historical significance. I have seen enough cactus and sand already but my interest in lost history seems to be far less limited.

    Amazing how much knowledge there is on this forum.
    Last edited by Steve Jenkins; Mar 12, 2019 at 08:49 AM.

  13. #28
    us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    744
    3171 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    My interest in the mine in question in this post is related to the idea that JW might have had a Cache somewhere nortwest of Phoenix.

    There seems to be a link between JW and Jack Swilling that goes back to employment at his Arastra if not longer. This mine and the Vulture mine were alleged to be among his best customers.

    When the Vulture Mine received its first Stamp Mill, Swilling closed his arrastra and both him and JW sought employment at the Vulture Mine.

    Pedro and Miguel Peralta not only had a connection to the Valencia mine, they operated a dry goods store out of Wockenburg during this time period. That would provide JW at least two opportunities to have met and developed a relationship with Miguel Peralta.


    At some point the Valencia was claimed to have been attacked by Apache and a three day running gun battled is alleged to have occurred. I believe this event took place along the bloody basin area and perhaps along the area ranched by Richard Holmes and may have extended to as far as the location of his Onyx Mine near Seven Springs.

    The story as I understand it involved the loss of all pack mules and the hiding of high grade ore that had been gathered up as the group fled.

    I believe this event was first reported in a Prescott publication in 1892, the year after Jacob Waltz died in 1892.

    My memory is hazy but I believe the name of the publication is the Prescott Prospector.
    Steve Jenkins,

    Hard to believe in this day and age but Jack Swillings stone house built in 1870 is still standing along the Agua Fria River near the intersection of Mechling and Valley drive's in Black Canyon City, Arizona. Several people are buried just in front of the stone structure including at least one of Swillings children and Jacob Snively, a friend of Swilling's from Phoenix who was killed by Apache Indians.

    The Swilling dwelling is on private land and I believe is a registered historic site. It can be viewed and photographed with the owners permission.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7734.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	696.3 KB 
ID:	1690021

  14. #29
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2017
    425
    1282 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    My interest in the mine in question in this post is related to the idea that JW might have had a Cache somewhere nortwest of Phoenix.

    There seems to be a link between JW and Jack Swilling that goes back to employment at his Arastra if not longer. This mine and the Vulture mine were alleged to be among his best customers.

    When the Vulture Mine received its first Stamp Mill, Swilling closed his arrastra and both him and JW sought employment at the Vulture Mine.

    Pedro and Miguel Peralta not only had a connection to the Valencia mine, they operated a dry goods store out of Wockenburg during this time period. That would provide JW at least two opportunities to have met and developed a relationship with Miguel Peralta.


    At some point the Valencia was claimed to have been attacked by Apache and a three day running gun battled is alleged to have occurred. I believe this event took place along the bloody basin area and perhaps along the area ranched by Richard Holmes and may have extended to as far as the location of his Onyx Mine near Seven Springs.

    The story as I understand it involved the loss of all pack mules and the hiding of high grade ore that had been gathered up as the group fled.

    I believe this event was first reported in a Prescott publication in 1892, the year after Jacob Waltz died in 1892.

    My memory is hazy but I believe the name of the publication is the Prescott Prospector.
    Hi Steve,

    Which arrastra are you referring to? Could be wrong, but I don’t believe Swilling “worked” for the Vulture, for a few months in early 1866, he operated and then bought the Curtain-Chase mill that served the Vulture. Is this what you’re referring to?

    If you’ve seen anything that links Waltz to Swilling during this timeframe, I think everyone here would be interested in hearing more about it. Take care, Jim
    coazon de oro and markmar like this.

  15. #30

    Oct 2007
    613
    123 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by PotBelly Jim View Post
    Hi Steve,

    Which arrastra are you referring to? Could be wrong, but I don’t believe Swilling “worked” for the Vulture, for a few months in early 1866, he operated and then bought the Curtain-Chase mill that served the Vulture. Is this what you’re referring to?

    If you’ve seen anything that links Waltz to Swilling during this timeframe, I think everyone here would be interested in hearing more about it. Take care, Jim

    Boy I have a lot of documents I would love to share with you guys but because of treasurenet user agreements I cant post it here.. I have jack swillings mining claim notices all signed and located as well as all total info on the Valencia mine on bumblebee rd...BLM removed both sets of the Peralta arastras along the black canyon and old stagecoach road. db
    . Ps you will have to wait until I reveal in a national media source where I still retain my personal information rights...if I post on t.net they lay claim to all media posted .. I learned the hard way...as you all know I hardly ever post on t.net any more.
    PotBelly Jim likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. claim location
    By bug in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 02, 2019, 09:59 PM
  2. Claim location notice- Location description help
    By mofugly13 in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2016, 09:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 11, 2015, 03:57 PM
  4. Someone is Overfiling My Claim Location
    By winners58 in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2015, 10:58 PM
  5. Possible mine location?
    By pityocamptes in forum Cache Hunting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2005, 12:07 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0