quiet

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
sure got quiet around here..maybe we should invite mick back

You could always start up another controversy over the Stone Maps.. actually let's do that-

Stone Maps: True/False?

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree: Another subject other than the Stone Maps would be refreshing. How about stories by some of the posters about their experiences in the Superstition Mountains and more history about some of the people involved in the story of the LDM and the Mexican Miners etc. Remember the great stories that were posted on the old "Lostdutchman.net" Thread? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I agree: Another subject other than the Stone Maps would be refreshing. How about stories by some of the posters about their experiences in the Superstition Mountains and more history about some of the people involved in the story of the LDM and the Mexican Miners etc. Remember the great stories that were posted on the old "Lostdutchman.net" Thread? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis.
i'll try to post something tomorrow

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning gentlemen: That was an interesting new thread. How about some new threads by the people on this net pertaining to their experiences in exploring the Superstition Mountains and looking for whatever and some of the things they have seen or found. There should also be some interesting stories about the older searchers looking for the treasures of the Superstition Mountains and surrounding areas. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Good morning gentlemen: That was an interesting new thread. How about some new threads by the people on this net pertaining to their experiences in exploring the Superstition Mountains and looking for whatever and some of the things they have seen or found. There should also be some interesting stories about the older searchers looking for the treasures of the Superstition Mountains and surrounding areas. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
greg....they are not being very generous ..i guess i'll have to shame them by posting another story...maybe they will get motivated to post...i'll try to get another one up tonight:occasion14:

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You could always start up another controversy over the Stone Maps.. actually let's do that-

Stone Maps: True/False?
looks like the stone maps are the only thing that gets any attention here:dontknow:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the stone maps are the only thing that gets any attention here:dontknow:

Howdy Dave,

No need to be despondent, I'm sure some who have worn out a few pair of boots will chime in. I have only been in Arizona once, and that was when a tour bus took us from Vegas to the Sky Walk. Mr. Davis is hoping to hear from those who have left the main trails of the Superstitions. Could also be many don't want to share what they have found.:dontknow:

I really enjoyed the story that you shared about the gold mine above second water. I had never heard about it, but then, there is a lot that I haven't heard about the Superstitions. Just last month, I found out about the mountain lion whose shadow appears on only two months of the year. Never would of known about Allen Blackman if you hadn't bought that long range gold finder.:laughing7:

Keep em coming, I'm all ears. I know it's a little hard to show Mr. Davis something new, but you are doing good.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

I think the reason(s) that it's gotten real quiet in this forum is likely the same reason(s) that has pretty much killed off the other two forums: for every poster that tries to post about something serious and relevant to the LDM, there seems to be always a troll that posts something that makes no sense or says something to detract from the discussion, and this drives away or discourages the good posters from posting anything.

I think the best way to address this is to take a more proactive approach in governing ourselves and the threads that are posted in this forum, by flagging posts and threads that are not relevant. And especially for us to stop responding to trolls and end up cluttering threads with useless bickering.

A while ago there was a thread with an obscene photo of something that looked like a female member that was purported to be in the Superstitions (it wasn't). I flagged it and the mods removed it.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely get tired of weird or rude responses. I received that pic as a response to my posting. made me wonder why I should continue talking on this site. if I wanted to fight with rude people , I would go to the bar. not to mention the guy who sent it to me is a long time member and well known. maybe its new guys have to go thru hazing. I don't get it.

I spent 17 days in the supers this feb. froze my butt off at night. put some miles on my boots, bush whacking the back country. no trails under me . scratched and bruised. but had a good time. found interesting things. I met with the feldmans. showed them my stone map theory. ron and sons said I have some of the best stone map info they have ever seen. unfortunately they are not stone map believers so they had no interest in proceeding with me. however they did ask for my contact info. I believe I have some good info to share . but do I want to show it here to all the trolls saying and sending weird stuff. probably not. but there are a few good fellas here so I keep coming back. at least to check in. lol

deducer. I believe the maps are real maps. but I think they are not maps to the ldm. I think they are either Spanish or part of the Reavis forgeries when he was still trying to prove his land grab. but I think it is a real place for sure.

Last edited:

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sure got quiet around here..maybe we should invite mick back

FLEEEEE.JPG

Everybody fled.
Happens every year about this time.
I call it the migration.
We talked one of our "winter visitor" neighbors into staying through the summer.
That was about 10 years ago.

They don't talk to us anymore.

AJones

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy Dave,

No need to be despondent, I'm sure some who have worn out a few pair of boots will chime in. I have only been in Arizona once, and that was when a tour bus took us from Vegas to the Sky Walk. Mr. Davis is hoping to hear from those who have left the main trails of the Superstitions. Could also be many don't want to share what they have found.:dontknow:

I really enjoyed the story that you shared about the gold mine above second water. I had never heard about it, but then, there is a lot that I haven't heard about the Superstitions. Just last month, I found out about the mountain lion whose shadow appears on only two months of the year. Never would of known about Allen Blackman if you hadn't bought that long range gold finder.:laughing7:

Keep em coming, I'm all ears. I know it's a little hard to show Mr. Davis something new, but you are doing good.
thanks homar....i'll try to post some more in a day or two

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,

Well I hope people keep posting. I really like reading everyone's comments. I don't post much because I hate writing. I live in the valley and have backpacked into the superstition mountains many times looking for the mine. There is so much information about the LDM. I tend to steer away from arguing with folks about what information is true or false. I actually like to hear about all the different stories and versions. I personally believe there is a mine. I don't know which information too believe and try not to take any of it two seriously. I love looking for the mine and exploring the mountains.

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS: Does anyone have or would like to share some information about the rock that looks like a man?

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
All,

Well I hope people keep posting. I really like reading everyone's comments. I don't post much because I hate writing. I live in the valley and have backpacked into the superstition mountains many times looking for the mine. There is so much information about the LDM. I tend to steer away from arguing with folks about what information is true or false. I actually like to hear about all the different stories and versions. I personally believe there is a mine. I don't know which information too believe and try not to take any of it two seriously. I love looking for the mine and exploring the mountains.

best thing is not to worry about what people post is right or wrong...just read and get what you can out of the post...i think most people on here are way too thin skinned and they let other members get to them....i don't let anyone on here bother me or stop me from posting...basically it's a free forum and all members have just as much right to post as the next guy ..if you don't like what somebody posts..then don't read it..simple as that...there are alot of things i wont post on here but i would be happy to talk about at the rendezvous

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
PS: Does anyone have or would like to share some information about the rock that looks like a man?

i think that is one of the clues that got twisted over the years.....everything you read in books says it was a big rock in the shape of a mans head...but if you go back to what waltz told dick holmes..it was a rock that looked like a man standing from a distance..that is what brownie looked for all his life and never found...just a guess but i would say it has been destroyed by idiots

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Texas about a year ago.

Thought I was getting farther away from those darn stone maps ...until I started hearing about these darn 'Texas Spider Rock Maps'. Stone maps related to lost Spanish treasure...

No escape!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread