question mark mine at second water - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: question mark mine at second water

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I believe the "?" mine was an old prospect hole started by an Anglos after 1890. Maybe by Chunning? There was never a 300 feet tunnel IMO. The Spanish/Mexicans who worked gold mines in the Supers, didn't dig their mines more than 30-40 feet deep. These are the deeps of those mines found by the few Anglos.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    marius...the vein didn't actually start on the wall....it was a pocket where the original vein opened up ...it is very common in arizona mining...the vein will get larger and form pockets...some very large...then the vein will pinch down again and maybe another 30 ft open up again...whoever started the tunnel was probably following a vein maybe a foot or so in diameter and hit the jackpot when it opened up....another tidbit that i always thought shed a bit of truth on obie's story was that a pretty well known treasure hunter by the name of burbridge found some gold bars at second water spring..i always thought the gold came from that mine...one more thing warren showed me ...directly across from the mine are some carvings on top of a hill..old and kinda hard to read but there was a turtle carved on a big flat rock...and also 2 foot prints...if you stood at the back of one of the prints and looked straight ahead to where it points..it points directly at obie's mine....the other footprint pointed to a mine up high on the cliffs of battleship mountain ...obie said it was a silver mine and that he had found silver mule shoes on top of battle ship mountain...the last time i was at the carvings some puke had busted off one of the footprints carved in the flat rock
    Dave

Seems in the Supers is raining gold bars. There are at least another three cases of persons who found gold bars or gold in caves they couldn't remember their location.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2017
    1770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    I believe the "?" mine was an old prospect hole started by an Anglos after 1890. Maybe by Chunning? There was never a 300 feet tunnel IMO. The Spanish/Mexicans who worked gold mines in the Supers, didn't dig their mines more than 30-40 feet deep. These are the deeps of those mines found by the few Anglos.
    Perhaps you are right, Marius. Who knows how many different people worked that particular hole and for how long? I would imagine though that Obie knew what 300ft looked like.
    coazon de oro likes this.

gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PotBelly Jim View Post
    Perhaps you are right, Marius. Who knows how many different people worked that particular hole and for how long? I would imagine though that Obie knew what 300ft looked like.
    Jim

Forty years is enough time to uncover a caved in tunnel. Using dinamite for the big rocks , I believe more than five years would been too much.
    If there would be so much gold Obie claimed, then he should stake a claim on the spot with the samples he sold in Tucson, and become a partner with a minning company which would has the gear to excavate and uncover the tunnel .
    Forty years was enough to take the proper decision .
    Makes me a big impression of how many honest people worked for a few men's illusion.
    Marius

Jan 2014
    3538 times
    marius...the vein didn't actually start on the wall....it was a pocket where the original vein opened up ...it is very common in arizona mining...the vein will get larger and form pockets...some very large...then the vein will pinch down again and maybe another 30 ft open up again...whoever started the tunnel was probably following a vein maybe a foot or so in diameter and hit the jackpot when it opened up....another tidbit that i always thought shed a bit of truth on obie's story was that a pretty well known treasure hunter by the name of burbridge found some gold bars at second water spring..i always thought the gold came from that mine...one more thing warren showed me ...directly across from the mine are some carvings on top of a hill..old and kinda hard to read but there was a turtle carved on a big flat rock...and also 2 foot prints...if you stood at the back of one of the prints and looked straight ahead to where it points..it points directly at obie's mine....the other footprint pointed to a mine up high on the cliffs of battleship mountain ...obie said it was a silver mine and that he had found silver mule shoes on top of battle ship mountain...the last time i was at the carvings some puke had busted off one of the footprints carved in the flat rock
    John Burbridge?

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deducer View Post
    John Burbridge?
    yes...thats him

gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    Dave, you wrote Obie said to Warren how in the 18 feet large cave there was a 18" thick gold in quartz vein. Also you supported how that cave could be a large pocket of a gold in quartz vein .
    Could those who minned that tunnel to scrap all the quartz from the cave's walls and to leave only the 18" thick vein? I believe how the cave's walls should be studded with remains of quartz, clue which don't fits with Obie's description.
    Marius

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Dave, you wrote Obie said to Warren how in the 18 feet large cave there was a 18" thick gold in quartz vein. Also you supported how that cave could be a large pocket of a gold in quartz vein .
    Could those who minned that tunnel to scrap all the quartz from the cave's walls and to leave only the 18" thick vein? I believe how the cave's walls should be studded with remains of quartz, clue which don't fits with Obie's description.
    not 18 "..18'...part of the vein was still on the wall...thats what obie was mining...that and what was left on the floor

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    John Burbridge?
    i have read about him finding the bars a few times...i have an old treasure magazine around here somewhere with the story in it...also it was mentioned in thomas terry's book

gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    not 18 "..18'...part of the vein was still on the wall...thats what obie was mining...that and what was left on the floor
    Then I understood wrong , my apologize . I believed you wrote wrong 18 ft instead 18". I was wrong because you wrote they believed was the LDM. None of LDM clues says about 18' vein. This happens when someone make up a story using clues from different mines.
    This change the story to a different mine, the gold bars mine, which also is not at Second Water region. Now I can make the connection to the gold bars Burbridge allegedly " found " there.
    Last edited by markmar; Mar 30, 2019 at 03:09 PM.
    Marius

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    Then I understood wrong , my apologize . I believed you wrote wrong 18 ft instead 18". I was wrong because you wrote they believed was the LDM. None of LDM clues says about 18' vein. This happens when someone make up a story using clues from different mines.
    This change the story to a different mine, the gold bars mine, which also is not at Second Water region. Now I can make the connection to the gold bars Burbridge allegedly " found " there.
    marius...there are a few things i am leaving out of the story because i don't want to stir up a hornets nest

gr
    Oct 2012
    5047 times
    marius...there are a few things i am leaving out of the story because i don't want to stir up a hornets nest
    It's all right Dave. I can understand what you are talking about. Is the way the most treasure hunters are doing in their research or telling a story.
    Last edited by markmar; Mar 30, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Marius

Jan 2014
    3538 times
    i have read about him finding the bars a few times...i have an old treasure magazine around here somewhere with the story in it...also it was mentioned in thomas terry's book
    He also wrote a short book, "Trail Signs, Symbols, and Maps" that talks about the signs and symbols he found out in the Superstitions before they were defaced and torn down. He also dug up the foundation of what people said was a mission just south of the gate on Peralta road at Burns Ranch. The pictures he took were very interesting.

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    He also wrote a short book, "Trail Signs, Symbols, and Maps" that talks about the signs and symbols he found out in the Superstitions before they were defaced and torn down. He also dug up the foundation of what people said was a mission just south of the gate on Peralta road at Burns Ranch. The pictures he took were very interesting.
    i've been to the mission site at burns...someone definitely tore it up...i've heard different stories about who tore it up...some say chuck crawford..some say bob garmin..or burbridge

us
    Dec 2008
    6394 times
    deducer..do you have a copy of his book?
    PotBelly Jim likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links