question mark mine at second water

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, you wrote Obie said to Warren how in the 18 feet large cave there was a 18" thick gold in quartz vein. Also you supported how that cave could be a large pocket of a gold in quartz vein .
Could those who minned that tunnel to scrap all the quartz from the cave's walls and to leave only the 18" thick vein? I believe how the cave's walls should be studded with remains of quartz, clue which don't fits with Obie's description.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave, you wrote Obie said to Warren how in the 18 feet large cave there was a 18" thick gold in quartz vein. Also you supported how that cave could be a large pocket of a gold in quartz vein .
Could those who minned that tunnel to scrap all the quartz from the cave's walls and to leave only the 18" thick vein? I believe how the cave's walls should be studded with remains of quartz, clue which don't fits with Obie's description.
not 18 "..18'...part of the vein was still on the wall...thats what obie was mining...that and what was left on the floor

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
John Burbridge?
i have read about him finding the bars a few times...i have an old treasure magazine around here somewhere with the story in it...also it was mentioned in thomas terry's book

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not 18 "..18'...part of the vein was still on the wall...thats what obie was mining...that and what was left on the floor

Then I understood wrong , my apologize . I believed you wrote wrong 18 ft instead 18". I was wrong because you wrote they believed was the LDM. None of LDM clues says about 18' vein. This happens when someone make up a story using clues from different mines.
This change the story to a different mine, the gold bars mine, which also is not at Second Water region. Now I can make the connection to the gold bars Burbridge allegedly " found " there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Then I understood wrong , my apologize . I believed you wrote wrong 18 ft instead 18". I was wrong because you wrote they believed was the LDM. None of LDM clues says about 18' vein. This happens when someone make up a story using clues from different mines.
This change the story to a different mine, the gold bars mine, which also is not at Second Water region. Now I can make the connection to the gold bars Burbridge allegedly " found " there.
marius...there are a few things i am leaving out of the story because i don't want to stir up a hornets nest

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius...there are a few things i am leaving out of the story because i don't want to stir up a hornets nest

It's all right Dave. I can understand what you are talking about. Is the way the most treasure hunters are doing in their research or telling a story.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
i have read about him finding the bars a few times...i have an old treasure magazine around here somewhere with the story in it...also it was mentioned in thomas terry's book

He also wrote a short book, "Trail Signs, Symbols, and Maps" that talks about the signs and symbols he found out in the Superstitions before they were defaced and torn down. He also dug up the foundation of what people said was a mission just south of the gate on Peralta road at Burns Ranch. The pictures he took were very interesting.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
He also wrote a short book, "Trail Signs, Symbols, and Maps" that talks about the signs and symbols he found out in the Superstitions before they were defaced and torn down. He also dug up the foundation of what people said was a mission just south of the gate on Peralta road at Burns Ranch. The pictures he took were very interesting.
i've been to the mission site at burns...someone definitely tore it up...i've heard different stories about who tore it up...some say chuck crawford..some say bob garmin..or burbridge:dontknow:

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
deducer..do you have a copy of his book?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
i've been to the mission site at burns...someone definitely tore it up...i've heard different stories about who tore it up...some say chuck crawford..some say bob garmin..or burbridge:dontknow:

Burbridge dug it up in '64. Not sure who was the one who ended up bulldozing it.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer..do you have a copy of his book?

I unfortunately don't. Been trying to find one but since it was self-published, it's rare as hen's teeth. Greg has a few copies if you want to stop by his library to look at one.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps you are right, Marius. Who knows how many different people worked that particular hole and for how long? I would imagine though that Obie knew what 300ft looked like.

Jim

I found a post written by Tom Kollenborn in another site, which describes few of many people who visited/worked that spot. And a part of the post says:

" When you visit Garden Valley next time, take time to visit Fish's Treasure Hill site just east of Garden Valley on the right when you drop down into Second Water Canyon. There are a lot of old markings on that hill and also some more modern markings. There are several fine petroglyphs on the rocks along the canyon. Old Frank Fish thought there was a treasure buried under that hill. Old Joe Mays conned a few guys out of some money to help him dig over there for a lost city with a crystal skull. Joe believed there were crystal skulls all over the Superstition Mountains hidden their by the Aztecs, Mayans, Omecs, Totecs, and on and on."

Read more: https://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?t=1934&start=20#ixzz5jkKVTZnK

So, there were few others before Obie starts his own story. Obie was lying about the 30's time frame, because the gold bars cave's clues were revealed in part after the fall 40's.

Last edited:

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning: There is one available on "Boookfinder.com" under the title of : Trail Signs,Symbols, and Maps" for about $25.00. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Jim

I found a post written by Tom Kollenborn in another site, which describes few of many people who visited/worked that spot. And a part of the post says:

" When you visit Garden Valley next time, take time to visit Fish's Treasure Hill site just east of Garden Valley on the right when you drop down into Second Water Canyon. There are a lot of old markings on that hill and also some more modern markings. There are several fine petroglyphs on the rocks along the canyon. Old Frank Fish thought there was a treasure buried under that hill. Old Joe Mays conned a few guys out of some money to help him dig over there for a lost city with a crystal skull. Joe believed there were crystal skulls all over the Superstition Mountains hidden their by the Aztecs, Mayans, Omecs, Totecs, and on and on."

Read more: https://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?t=1934&start=20#ixzz5jkKVTZnK

So, there were few others before Obie starts his own story. Obie was lying about the 30's time frame, because the gold bars cave's clues were revealed in part after the fall 40's.
marius...i'm just relating to you the story i got from warren...i have talked to joe about his uncle years ago ...joe said obie had problems...but according to warren ..obie was a great guy...i'm not here to bash or praise obie,,,i never met the man...but its not civil to call a dead man a liar..he isn't here to defend himself...i understand if you don't agree with obie but no need to beat up on him....i will tell you one thing though...the dowser they hired from kansas described the cavern exactly as obie said it was..and i mean EXACTLY..the guys never told the dowser anything..they just took him to the hill and told him to get busy dowsing and report what he found ..those are the facts...do what you will with them

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius...i'm just relating to you the story i got from warren...i have talked to joe about his uncle years ago ...joe said obie had problems...but according to warren ..obie was a great guy...i'm not here to bash or praise obie,,,i never met the man...but its not civil to call a dead man a liar..he isn't here to defend himself...i understand if you don't agree with obie but no need to beat up on him....i will tell you one thing though...the dowser they hired from kansas described the cavern exactly as obie said it was..and i mean EXACTLY..the guys never told the dowser anything..they just took him to the hill and told him to get busy dowsing and report what he found ..those are the facts...do what you will with them

My apologize Dave. Was not my intent to call a dead man liar. Was only my conclusion in this case and maybe I didn't use the proper word. I am sure Obie was a great guy.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
My apologize Dave. Was not my intent to call a dead man liar. Was only my conclusion in this case and maybe I didn't use the proper word. I am sure Obie was a great guy.
no problem marius..carry on:headbang:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning: There is one available on "Boookfinder.com" under the title of : Trail Signs,Symbols, and Maps" for about $25.00. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Good afternoon Greg, I did a search just now and it shows no results. Could you search again? Either I made a mistake or someone has purchased it.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello: Looks like someone on the forum saw my post and jumped the gun and bought it for themselves before you had a chance to make the purchase. There was only one for sale. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Good afternoon Greg, I did a search just now and it shows no results. Could you search again? Either I made a mistake or someone has purchased it.
deducer...if you are in town ..the apache junction library has a copy of burbridge's book

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread