Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: how to proceed

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2180 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    For what it's worth, AZDave and I both just recently independently tested a hunk of "material" that was claimed to be ~50% silver (Ag). Both his handheld XRF and the SEM-EDX results I got from work showed it to be nothing more than a large hunk of some type of solder and dirt.

~40% lead (Pb), ~40% Tin (Sn) and ~10% Antimony (Sb) with the rest being C and a bunch of trace elements - not a single sign of silver.

John - I still have a small chunk of your mica containing rock about the size of a nickel. PM me your address and I'll ship it back to you so I can be done and I don't have to see my name keep popping up as being a liar and thief. The other small chunk (the size of a quarter) that you gave me got tossed into the garbage when you told me you didn't want them back. I thought the other one had been thrown out too, but after seeing my name here I got to looking and it never made it into the garbage bin. If you don't want it back, say so and I'll throw it away when I get home - after that, find someone else who's willing to take time out of their day to help you out.

Paul

By the way, here's one of the 30 SEM-EDX scans my coworker did for me on the "Ag" containing chunk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solder.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	1708447
    Last edited by Cubfan64; May 01, 2019 at 01:56 PM.
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Aug 2017
    537 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan64 View Post
    For what it's worth, AZDave and I both just recently independently tested a hunk of "material" that was claimed to be ~50% silver (Ag). Both his handheld XRF and the SEM-EDX results I got from work showed it to be nothing more than a large hunk of some type of solder and dirt.

~40% lead (Pb), ~40% Tin (Sn) and ~10% Antimony (Sb) with the rest being C and a bunch of trace elements - not a single sign of silver.

John - I still have a small chunk of your mica containing rock about the size of a nickel. PM me your address and I'll ship it back to you so I can be done and I don't have to see my name keep popping up as being a liar and thief. The other small chunk (the size of a quarter) that you gave me got tossed into the garbage when you told me you didn't want them back. I thought the other one had been thrown out too, but after seeing my name here I got to looking and it never made it into the garbage bin. If you don't want it back, say so and I'll throw it away when I get home - after that, find someone else who's willing to take time out of their day to help you out.

Paul

By the way, here's one of the 30 SEM-EDX scans my coworker did for me on the "Ag" containing chunk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solder.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	1708447
    As I had mentioned in the past Paul...You can toss said crumb into the trash...I still have 10 pounds of said useless ore sitting around somewhere...And I will continue to hope that I may be able to find my way back to the area depicted in the PSM's one day...I am not in any rush to try to make my way there currently...I am personally working on plans which will allow me to retire in Mazatlan one day...And IF I am able to do so...I will be able to devote my golden years to the search for the Real de Minas said ore came from...I have grown weary of poetry...Maybe one day I'll sit down and put several books of poetry together...Heck...I may even get lucky and find a publisher who will publish my silly books of poetry...I wonder IF I can find a publisher in Mexico one day...I'll just have to wait and see...lol

Ed T

us
    Dec 2008
    4971 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWhite View Post
    As I had mentioned in the past Paul...You can toss said crumb into the trash...I still have 10 pounds of said useless ore sitting around somewhere...And I will continue to hope that I may be able to find my way back to the area depicted in the PSM's one day...I am not in any rush to try to make my way there currently...I am personally working on plans which will allow me to retire in Mazatlan one day...And IF I am able to do so...I will be able to devote my golden years to the search for the Real de Minas said ore came from...I have grown weary of poetry...Maybe one day I'll sit down and put several books of poetry together...Heck...I may even get lucky and find a publisher who will publish my silly books of poetry...I wonder IF I can find a publisher in Mexico one day...I'll just have to wait and see...lol

Ed T
    i think paul was waiting for an apology
    PotBelly Jim and gollum like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29215 times
    Thread cleaned.

Rules are not open for debate deducer.

John White if your attitude and attacks on Cubfan's character continues you will lose the ability to post at all.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 02, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jan 2014
    3120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Thread cleaned.

John White if your attitude and attacks on Cubfan's character continues you will lose the ability to post at all.
    I'm going to call out trolling every time I see it. It is disrupting the ability of posters to have meaningful discussion in this forum. It is just as bad as personal attacks and causes posters to lose interest.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt
    285 times
    Prospecting
    this thread is not about trolls. calling someone a troll is a personal attack. lol
    Last edited by dredgernaut; May 03, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
    PotBelly Jim likes this.

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2180 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thread cleaned.

TH - I didn't see anything JW posted after my last admittedly "snarky" post. I shouldn't have added to the antagonism so I apologize for my part, but thanks for helping moderate this and keeping it civil.

Paul
    dredgernaut and PotBelly Jim like this.
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deducer View Post
    I'm going to call out trolling every time I see it. It is disrupting the ability of posters to have meaningful discussion in this forum. It is just as bad as personal attacks and causes posters to lose interest.
    Deducer, you do not set rules here, I have also already said rules are not open for debate. If you continue to call members trolls you will find you can't post at all, your choice. If you have trouble with a post a member has posted report it to mods and we will look at it and if it violates our rules we will handle it.

"Per our rules.

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denigration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic."

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 03, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29215 times
    TH - I didn't see anything JW posted after my last admittedly "snarky" post. I shouldn't have added to the antagonism so I apologize for my part, but thanks for helping moderate this and keeping it civil.

Paul
    Cubfan your fine, no apology needed.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

ca
    May 2007
    4486 times

Paul
    He just moved on to the Tayopa board, where he continued his insulting commentary towards you and your efforts to help him.
    So, following the mod's advice, I've reported the post.
    PotBelly Jim likes this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

Jan 2014
    3120 times
    Deducer, you do not set rules here, I have also already said rules are not open for debate. If you continue to call members trolls you will find you can't post at all, your choice. If you have trouble with a post a member has posted report it to mods and we will look at it and if it violates our rules we will handle it.

"Per our rules.

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denigration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic."

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."
    I am sending you PM.

ca
    May 2007
    4486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgernaut View Post
    this thread is not about trolls. calling someone a troll is a personal attack. lol
    Nor is it about platinum deposits in Durango or paragon diamonds in Nevada....or even a member who keeps suggesting that he will sell his knowledge for the sum of $20,000,000.
    Is it ?
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by somehiker View Post
    He just moved on to the Tayopa board, where he continued his insulting commentary towards you and your efforts to help him.
    So, following the mod's advice, I've reported the post.
    Since he refused to heed mod warning to stop attacking member's character he has now lost the right to post at all for awhile.
    PotBelly Jim likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links