New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd need a selfie stick a hundred yards long to get both me and that 7 in one shot Mick.
But I'm not saying it's a mine, am I. It's about 40 feet high though....so pretty big...and if the lighter colored portion was chopped out by someone to make the seven, it would have taken quite a while. You have to scramble up a very loose pile of white rock chips to get to the bottom of it though. One step forward three steps back sort of thing.
One pattern I've noticed regarding everything on the stones though, is that size matters as much as position. The bigger the object...horse--priest---symbol--letter--number etc., the more important it's counterpart in the field is.

Cursum Perficio translated to English is "the end of my journey" or "the perfect ending", depending on the context. In other words, a good time to rest.

Somehiker

Are you sure the 7 means Rest, or the white pile of loose rock was used to cover the mine entrance and that’s what made your 7

babymick1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne..first and foremost ..this is a ldm forum...any genuine dutch hunter has no use for the stone maps....and you are way off on your numbers of the people ruined by the stone maps..i live here..i should know...

As you likely know already, I'm not the moderator for LDM topics.
It's probably him that you should be complaining to.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
As you likely know already, I'm not the moderator for LDM topics.
It's probably him that you should be complaining to.
there again wayne..i'm not complaining,,,just stating the facts...and the ldm has been found...if you choose to continue to search for it then that is definitely your choice...good luck in your search

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
What you say is always foremost in my own thoughts, to the degree where it's almost prescient.
Which is why I have advised Jeff and a couple of others before he came along, to forget any idea of proving the stones as genuine maps to any treasure, let alone the LDM. That they are too controversial for for many to be able to ever see them as anything but a hoax, and their history too muddied a mix for any researcher, no matter how good, to deliver a proof acceptable to hardcore doubters. In that regard, even the LDM legend comes very close to being unprovable, with the reactions to what has been said about the "pit" mine being a prime example of what I am saying here. Better off to let those legends fade into an eventual obscurity, and if by chance someone were to find a cache of considerable value, for them to leave it up to the self appointed pundits to figure out how, and maybe even where they did.
TV...books...?
Deducer can probably fill you in on my lack of personal interest in pursuing anything to that end....if he chooses to.

That sounds like pretty good advice you've given them. For most of us, the proof will be in the gold produced, and whether it's a possible match for the Holmes ore. I would agree that where they found it shouldn't be revealed. Now, if folks come on here and say they know where the mine is, and they have no gold...well we see that happen all the time and the results, as Alan said, are predictable.

As far as your theories, I should have just kept my big fat mouth shut. There is certainly room here for everyone, no need to for me to comment on what people believe or how they hunt for treasure.

I didn't make any reference to TV or books????

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like pretty good advice you've given them. For most of us, the proof will be in the gold produced, and whether it's a possible match for the Holmes ore. I would agree that where they found it shouldn't be revealed. Now, if folks come on here and say they know where the mine is, and they have no gold...well we see that happen all the time and the results, as Alan said, are predictable.

As far as your theories, I should have just kept my big fat mouth shut. There is certainly room here for everyone, no need to for me to comment on what people believe or how they hunt for treasure.

I didn't make any reference to TV or books????

That part was in reply to something dave had said...and you liked...in reply to something you had said

exactly....they all seem to have one goal in life...before television and internet...the goal was to write a book...now they all want to be on tv

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there again wayne..i'm not complaining,,,just stating the facts...and the ldm has been found...if you choose to continue to search for it then that is definitely your choice...good luck in your search

Can't say I've spent much time looking for the LDM. But if I get around to seriously looking for it....thanks.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
That part was in reply to something dave had said...and you liked...in reply to something you had said

Ah...we're talking past each other...I thought Dave was referring to RG, etc...not you...if you wrote a book, I would definitely pick up a copy...

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah...we're talking past each other...I thought Dave was referring to RG, etc...not you...if you wrote a book, I would definitely pick up a copy...

Thanks. But that ain't gonna happen. Won't be no book by or from me.
This is about as far as I'm willing to go. Sharing ideas, arguments and a few photos on here.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like we all got a little carried away...lol...

I don't think so...but we did break a cardinal rule of LDM Psychiatry...never look a looney in the eye and tell him he's nuts...especially a Canadian one...I hear those guys take salmon from grizzlies up there...barehanded....

Just kidding, Wayne!:laughing7:

It looked to me like Deducer was in the mood for a debate, based on his post below...apparently he found something constructive to do with his Sunday...I'm caught inside watching my dog to make sure he doesn't rip his stitches out after surgery, so I have nothing better to do.

That would be too much effort for someone trying to perpetuate a hoax, wouldn't it?

Same with the "4" high up a cliff, and outsized. Not to mention that the deep carving is the same color as the surrounding rock- making it impossible that this would be a recent endeavor.

Wonder how Dave, or any of the other anti-stoners will explain this away.

You out there, Dave? :wave:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I don't think so...but we did break a cardinal rule of LDM Psychiatry...never look a looney in the eye and tell him he's nuts...especially a Canadian one...I hear those guys take salmon from grizzlies up there...barehanded....

Just kidding, Wayne!:laughing7:

It looked to me like Deducer was in the mood for a debate, based on his post below...apparently he found something constructive to do with his Sunday...I'm caught inside watching my dog to make sure he doesn't rip his stitches out after surgery, so I have nothing better to do.
lol,,,i agree...by the way..what happened to your pooch?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
He had a growth about the size of half a volleyball sticking out his side...I figured it was going to sprout an eye and a little arm or something...anyway it grew so fast by the time we could get him in for surgery it had gotten that big...turned out to by a cyst that was anchored pretty good in his muscles...so they cut him open from backbone to belly button (almost) in order to get it all out...he seems no worse for the wear.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
He had a growth about the size of half a volleyball sticking out his side...I figured it was going to sprout an eye and a little arm or something...anyway it grew so fast by the time we could get him in for surgery it had gotten that big...turned out to by a cyst that was anchored pretty good in his muscles...so they cut him open from backbone to belly button (almost) in order to get it all out...he seems no worse for the wear.
dogs are pretty tough...he will be up and around again in no time

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
right here deducer....there are thousands of 7's and 4's and every letter in the alphabet in the hills and if you squint just right or have the sun shining just right maybe you can see them..just like the 4 on buzzards roost...most of the pics you guys put up on here that supposedly has a number or face or something in it..the rest of us see nothing...if you guys want to continue squinting..or waiting for the only day in the year when the sun is shining just right to see these figments of your imagination ..i'm cool with that..its your time you are wasting but dont try to convince us....the stone maps are a big fraud and have lured hundreds if not thousands of people to divorce..financial ruin ..destroyed their reputation and even cost them their lives...not a single man has ever located anything following them except their downfall...they should have ran those things through a jaw crusher as soon as they turned up..just look at the misery they caused in the last 4 years...do yourself a favor and toss all the pics of those maps and just enjoy the beauty of the mountains when you are out here..life will be alot better for you:occasion14:

Sorry I'm late to this latest dust up.. yes there are many things that require squinting at, but not the photo Wayne posted- it's clearly a "7" isn't it? And it's too large, and in a location that's not only remote but difficult to access- hardly the work of someone perpetuating a hoax, don't you agree? Also up and to the right of that is the "4" on a side of a cliff, that points to another and more significant location.

The Stone Maps have caused me absolutely no misery- in fact, they've been a source of great pleasure to me, as far as being a very intricate puzzle that has required much thinking and research on my part. I also love being out there, enjoying the solitude, and the remoteness of these mystical mountains.

I have not wasted a single cent on them except for transportation and lodging.

The Stone Maps themselves, aren't evil, but they do have a strange way of bringing out what is inherent in people.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
wayne..i could ask you the same...if you think the stone maps are the real deal...then why are you on a lost dutchman forum....maybe you should start a stone map forum..this is the lost dutchman forum..which has nothing to do with the stone maps...i'm not grumpy...just stating the facts..besides i was minding my own business when your pal deducer called me out:headbang:

I think that the Stone Maps and the LDM are hopelessly interwined because seemingly all the documentaries, shows that have been done about the LDM them conflate or lump these two things together for one reason or another.

I actually don't think the LDM would still be so well known without the Stone Maps as a visual tool, a visual reference. Shows like "Mysteries at the Museums" or "Expedition Unknown" etc., just can't seem to discuss the LDM without showing the Stone Maps. Maybe because of the visual appeal?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

I think he should too, because he is very articulate, and he is a very perceptive and insightful person. He sees things that I miss, all the time.

However, like me, he knows that the attendant things that come with publishing, filming, or otherwise making things public, is a double-edged sword. You never get what you want or envision, and these things have a tendency to take a life of their own, especially when vast sums of money are involved.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your dog. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Yes- I was out and about riding a motorcycle that I built from scratch- putting it through trials. So far, so good.

yamaha.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread