New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne thank you for asking not as yet but it will be soon, before the end of the year. because this will be our longest trip in duration time, it is a bit of work to get all of the people involved scheduled for the same time slot. also to be honest we have done this so far on our own dime, or dimes if you will. Since this trip is going to be the most involved and the most expensive, we need to procure some assistance in that area, which will do. On previous trips, most of the time was spent on ways to get up to mine, the original, route is a no go. We did that and got up there-there, but there are area's adjacent and above the mine that we have not yet reached yet. On our last trip, we established an alternate route to get to those area's but we ran out of time and one of the areas we need the two pro-mountain climbers to secure the route for our guys. Last, let me say, there is other historically important stuff up there, I need to shut my trap and say no more of that for now. Thank you, Jeff.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, best of luck with your search, and your book. Just pointing out, not every story has to end with a found treasure. One of the best ones I’ve ever read was Steve Clark’s “New Mexico Confidential”. (Steve is on this site pretty regularly) He didn’t find Jerry Hare’s lost treasure, but the story of how he went about looking is pretty good. You might want to check it out.

Whether intentional or not, from the list of clues you talk about/verify on your site, the general if not specific area you’re in might be fairly obvious to most folks here.

Take care, Jim

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff

I believe the Arcana team is the first who approached the LDM from below. All the known Waltz clues say how the only way is from above.
IMO, if there would be a different way to approach the mines site, at least one clue would mentioned it.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potbelly anything is posable. The Supers have dozens of places that people have walked by or under and not realized what they just walked by. One of our guys is a hell of a hunter tracker and the first time he checked to see if anybody had been there, other than game signs. Also when we left he set natural things in place to see if someone had been there between trips, he said no one had been up there in a long time. I feel that some time in the past has been up. Two things 1. you could be up there and not know where the Alpha mine is. 2. I am sure what I have put together as far as the maps and the stones most likely have not been figured out by anyone else, I could be wrong, but I think not. My guys are really smart two, in particular, they will kill me for saying but they have very high IQs, they are sure we have it, but tell me that vetting the maps is just as amazing as finding the place. I cannot be concerned with speculating who or has not been up there, I will address that on our site. When the time comes there will 40or fifty guys come out and say hay I knew all that I was just protecting it, hell I had been up there a dozen times Hell I knew that horse was gonna win the Kentucky Derby .. oh really show me your winning ticket ... oh I didn't bet on him I bet on another horse, but I knew your horse was gonna win. I am sure there have trudged along on the canyon floor below the site, maybe even been up part way, but did not figure it out. That "minner" and the "mine" were nothing more than two shipings passing in the night. Thanks Potbelly

musician

Greenie
Aug 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foundation or ruin, sometimes the german language can help. Maybe Waltz used the word "Grundmauern". A word which has the first meaning "foundation", the walls in or with relation to the ground. But it has a common use and established term in relation with ruins too, because often the Gundmauern are the last viewable remains. Something can burn down to Grundmauern. Both english translations are not impossible.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I enjoyed exploring Arcana’s website as well. Whoever did the writing has a knack for storytelling and keeping the reader engaged in the adventure. Even if your discovery isn’t (no offense!) the fabled Dutchman, I do hope you finish the website and your team’s story in painstaking detail.

I second Potbelly Jim’s endorsement for Steve’s book New Mexico Confidential for the same reason as I look forward to you sharing more of your discoveries !

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marmar I think you are confusing informational bits and pieces, read the #2 clue on our site.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Marmar I think you are confusing informational bits and pieces, read the #2 clue on our site.
Sorry for the lack of belief but your second clue could apply to almost anywhere in those mountains, having read your site, I found NOTHING to suggest that you solved the location of the Lost Dutchman.
having spent years searching I will tell you this, I found a location with a stone house, a cave, a rock face that looked like a man, I could see the old military trail and, I had to climb up to see Weavers Needle, but.... it was not the location of the mine.

Last edited:

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed exploring Arcana’s website as well. Whoever did the writing has a knack for storytelling and keeping the reader engaged in the adventure. Even if your discovery isn’t (no offense!) the fabled Dutchman, I do hope you finish the website and your team’s story in painstaking detail.

I second Potbelly Jim’s endorsement for Steve’s book New Mexico Confidential for the same reason as I look forward to you sharing more of your discoveries !

Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot. When I do the site or our book it takes me hours to do what might take someone else 20 minutes to do. I am highly dyslexic and see and write in backward framing, so to get the flow correct it takes the reading and rereading of every sentence maybe 6 to ten times. I am 72 and never had a home computer until about 6 years ago, I could not do anything. I took some classes at CSCC in Columbus including English comp 1 and 2. plus other classes. Along the way, several professors told me I had a gift for writing, especially telling a story. Howard graves our editor on our book runs the writing lab at CSCC. He told me that a lot of his grade students tech wise are great writers but I might be one of the best storytellers he has ever had. Howard is a published author of two novels and Historical book non-fiction of the American southwest during the New Spain era. His tech wise I make some errors but that is what he is there for. He says he teaches writing but he cannot teach storytelling. I am up to 15 chapters in our book. Recently I went back and rewrote the most important and hardest chapter #1 everything has to flow off chapter one, the others are done, but it took 8 months of writing and rewriting chapter one. When I was in the third grade I went to a one-room schoolhouse, one day in class we were doing a writing drill I could not keep up with the class so she took me in front of the class and beat me with a switch, on the bus ride home the children all ridiculed me. It was 1956 and they did not know about dyslexia, you were just l lazy or stupid. Your kind words mean more than you can imagine. When our book comes out text me remind me of our conversation and I will see you get a signed copy by the whole crew. thank you Ryno, Jeff.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot. When I do the site or our book it takes me hours to do what might take someone else 20 minutes to do. I am highly dyslexic and see and write in backward framing, so to get the flow correct it takes the reading and rereading of every sentence maybe 6 to ten times. I am 72 and never had a home computer until about 6 years ago, I could not do anything. I took some classes at CSCC in Columbus including English comp 1 and 2. plus other classes. Along the way, several professors told me I had a gift for writing, especially telling a story. Howard graves our editor on our book runs the writing lab at CSCC. He told me that a lot of his grade students tech wise are great writers but I might be one of the best storytellers he has ever had. Howard is a published author of two novels and Historical book non-fiction of the American southwest during the New Spain era. His tech wise I make some errors but that is what he is there for. He says he teaches writing but he cannot teach storytelling. I am up to 15 chapters in our book. Recently I went back and rewrote the most important and hardest chapter #1 everything has to flow off chapter one, the others are done, but it took 8 months of writing and rewriting chapter one. When I was in the third grade I went to a one-room schoolhouse, one day in class we were doing a writing drill I could not keep up with the class so she took me in front of the class and beat me with a switch, on the bus ride home the children all ridiculed me. It was 1956 and they did not know about dyslexia, you were just l lazy or stupid. Your kind words mean more than you can imagine. When our book comes out text me remind me of our conversation and I will see you get a signed copy by the whole crew. thank you Ryno, Jeff.

Can you furnish the name of Howard's book ?
I'd like to check it out.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never heard about this clue and I believe you have confused the clue Waltz said to Holmes about the house ruin which should find to be able to recognize where the mine with the tunnel below is.
From the point you are above the mine, in what direction you have to go on the ridge to can go down to the mine ?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Arcana-exploration, please be aware if your site allows public comments then links to it cant be posted here. You may want to turn off comments option.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Arcana-exploration, please be aware if your site allows public comments then links to it cant be posted here. You may want to turn off comments option.

Understood and deleted the quote from Arcana site.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about links to T-Net that might show up on the Arcana Ex. or other websites ?
I was thinking of putting one in their comments, so that those who dropped by could follow the conversation over here as well, as is often the case on other, more comprehensive sites, which some of us also happen to use for research and dialogue.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about links to T-Net that might show up on the Arcana Ex. or other websites ?

We are only concerned about TreasureNet rules.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.....do you know the book title ?
I tried an "Author" search without any luck in finding his novels either ?

Wayne Thanks for the Tnet site we absolutely do not want to compete with Tnet, do not want to be that kind of site, do not misunderstand, Tnet is a great stool and informational site even for just the LDM, I do not have time or do not want to do that. In fact, posting and trying to be polite here is driving me bonkers. Maybe we could work something out where we limit to 20 comments a month on our site he would be ok, at least that way maybe it could benefit both. , I am seeing our site guy tomorrow.

As far as Howard's book I think it was quite a while ago, and he brought it to Bob Evans last year when we were having breakfast, I looked at a couple of pages, it think it is out of print, may be found on E-bay. I know he was very guarded with the copy he had, but I am not positive but I think it was Simon and Schuster, it was kind of school academia thing if I remember correctly. Howard is one of the busiest guys I know, he teaches from 11.00 to 5.00. Last year his 94-year-old mother died and she was the caretaker for his father who is 95 and blind. When Howard gets down at the college he goes and visits his dad every night, then goes home. On weekends he plays in a trio, he sent a tape of them at a local bar, and they were quite good, on top of that I know he does some studio work, he plays acoustic guitar. When I need to talk and will text me back he can talk usually it is 10 am in the morning just before, his first class or appointment. I am lucky he is working with because he gets asked a lot to do things and say no. When we get together I barely have time tyo go over the things in the book. I wii get you title publisher and date of published. thaks Jeff.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

TH,

I only post this here because I'm sure others are wondering the same thing I am. Under published TNET rules, we are prohibited from posting links to other treasure hunting forums. If this rule is meant to also prohibit links to personal blogs, (arcana-exploration's site is a blog, not a forum) or any site that allows public comments, I think an update to the rules section may be a good idea.

For example, posting a link to a treasure-related news article that allows public comments (most online news articles allows public comments) would be a violation.

I understand this is not a democracy nor are rules open to debate, and a moderator's judgement is final. Just trying to understand how to approach the rules. Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread