Why the big secret ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn’t Adolph Ruth stake a claim for his bonanza discovery ?

'Cause somebody killed him before he could do that.......
Ain't no secret about it !!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
sorry guys, i meant the Dutchman.. doh!
You bring up a very good point and that question is one that reinforces the story that Waltz murdered two mexican miners and stole the mine which would have been reason enough to not stake a claim.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JW was involved in three previous mining ventures with partners elsewhere...Bradshaws, I think.
He had been cheated out of his share in two of those mines, according to a talk given by Dr. Glover about three years ago at the Rendezvous, based on his study of related documents. That may have been the reason but, I personally, have always suspected that the success of James A. Reavis, the so called "Baron of Arizona", in making legal claim against any use of land within the boundaries of his phony "Peralta Land Grant", including mines, was the greatest factor in his decision not to file a legal claim to the LDM. Just too much hassle and risk for a man of his age and status, when it wasn't a problem to turn gold ore into more than enough cash for him to live on back then.....even without a registered claim.

https://truewestmagazine.com/the-baron-of-arizona/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions