Superstition Toponymy with Prof. Aubrey Drury

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
IMHO, the Geronimo Head mountain/landmark has nothing to do with the cave with gold that Geronimo was referring when tried to bribe a soldier to let him free from jail ( Estee Conatser story from her book ). That is a different landmark from a different place.
When Waltz said how a stone face/profile is looking down to his mine, was talking about the tunnel mine ( the place where the vein from the inclined shaft crop out at its end ) and the warrior's profile which is across the mine and the ravine, behind the Caverna con Casa.
Now, for the clue #57 which says about a face that is at the head of a canyon and below the mine, this clue is referring to the inclined shaft mine ( Hoyo from the Perfil mapa ) and the face/profile from the Perfil mapa.
These faces/profiles are sitting face to face from a distance of about 200 feet.
I post a real pic modified with the head/profile from the Perfil mapa ( reversed to looks like in the map), and with red dot I marked the LDM inclined shaft, and with yellow dot I marked the LDM tunnel mine.

View attachment 1733057 View attachment 1733058

Again, this thread was started by Hal about Dury's work and a reference to "Geronimo Head". SmartSelect_20190715-090330_Chrome.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, this thread was started by Hal about Dury's work and a reference to "Geronimo Head". View attachment 1733072

And I had the impression you have wrote a lot of posts in this thread trying to show us a stone face related to Geronimo story about the gold he was aware of.
You woke up little late to realize this thread was for the Geronimo Head mountain.

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
And I had the impression you have wrote a lot of posts in this thread trying to show us a stone face related to Geronimo story about the gold he was aware of.
You woke up little late to realize this thread was for the Geronimo Head mountain.

No this thread was started to discuss the many geological features of the Superstitions. I posted a picture of what I believe Dury was referencing as Geronimo's Head. I never said anything about it relating to the actual Geronimo. SmartSelect_20190715-095617_Chrome.jpg

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona

"Reread what is highlighted in red. He used "Geronimo Head to describe the" mountain profile, the stone head foundation found on the mountain to the south of Tortilla Flats station is the remarkable profile of an Indian chief quite appropriately called Geronimo head"

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like this for example. I don't have to make you squint or imagine a face. Bonus tip for you - I also believe that this is also referenced as the lost Apache mine, which the clue says "High on the cliff is a rock face with an elongated nose and as the story goes the mine is located directly under the nose. View attachment 1732991

Is this the face you believe is "Geronimo " ?

If so, are you also saying Hal and the others have it wrong ?

I am unable to share a photograph of Prof. Drury's Geronimo Head (the Mountain Profile), but enclosed is an exact tracing of it in profile. This I believe is the same Mountain Profile that Ron describes seeing with Tom K. Here, side-by-side are the images for comparison.

Anyone been to the site and can point-point the location? Anyone have photos to share?

View attachment 1723024

In both cases, I'd have to say the nose profile is wrong.

Last edited:

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
Is this the face you believe is "Geronimo " ?

If so, are you also saying Hal and the others have it wrong ?

In both cases, I'd have to say the nose profile is wrong.

Oh Wayne!! LOL!! Yes, this is what I believe is referred to as Geronimo's head". Whether I am correct or not, I never made a "claiming" statement. I simply said "I" believe. I merely posted a picture that I have, that I feel matches the description, same as what you have done on here. Draw your own conclusions, I honestly don't care, your opinions hold zero credibility to me.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or this......

Guess you weren't paying attention to what I said the first time.....

This one is located in a place that Storm knew very well.....

Which was in reply to this.....

57) Waltz told of a natural stone face sitting upon the end of a canyon below his mine. (Storm) on the end of this canyon is this rock face. And directly above it about 3/4's the way up the mountain is the second picture. What do you all think? View attachment 1732746 View attachment 1732748

If you still don't understand, there's not much more I can do to help.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never said I wanted your help.

Then you are free to ignore anything I offer to yourself, or to anyone else following or contributing to these topics . No problem .
I think there's a button for that.....

Last edited:

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
Then you are free to ignore anything I offer to yourself, or to anyone else following or contributing to these topics . No problem .
I think there's a button for that.....

You're right, I am free to ignore you and anyone else I choose to. All I did was post a picture of what I believe fits the description. Just because you dislike it, disagree with me, or want to prove yourself doesn't mean I'm wrong. It doesn't mean that I'm right either. I just said hey look at this picture I have.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right, I am free to ignore you and anyone else I choose to. All I did was post a picture of what I believe fits the description. Just because you dislike it, disagree with me, or want to prove yourself doesn't mean I'm wrong. It doesn't mean that I'm right either. I just said hey look at this picture I have.

57) Waltz told of a natural stone face sitting upon the end of a canyon below his mine. (Storm) on the end of this canyon is this rock face. And directly above it about 3/4's the way up the mountain is the second picture. What do you all think? View attachment 1732746 View attachment 1732748

So why ask what we all thought ?

Nothing wrong with the pictures, or with posting them if you think they might be relevant to the topic......or in saying why you do.
That's how we get new stuff to talk about on here.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey super dog . what in the hell are you talking about.. I am pretty sure you lost most of us..

Super Dog

Jun 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey super dog . what in the hell are you talking about.. I am pretty sure you lost most of us..

About me touching some tree in the woods that was the tree of life in the bible and I was shown the world beyond this one. T ouch in G! kinda stuff. I found it by finding treasure signs left in the earth and found this guys post interesting and familiar because I had a time trying to figure out what they meant. I found out eventually and can see Hal trying to do the same. A female and male spirit made this place and they dream of the perfect other and we are all that dream working itself out. The one's in the know or the illuminated one's hide it all in songs and movies in advertisements etc. just like the vague treasure signs people look for. Interesting stuff. Me X I can and the wall Trump talks about has to do with war in heaven and it is hard to see from earth. That's what I was on a rant about. That's all.

Last edited:

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
So why ask what we all thought ?

Nothing wrong with the pictures, or with posting them if you think they might be relevant to the topic......or in saying why you do.
That's how we get new stuff to talk about on here.

You completely contradict yourself. You post a picture of what you believe is a rock face, but because I do it then I'm "saying that Hal and everyone else is wrong"?

Again, if you have to help me see a face in the rocks, then I don't think it's a legitimate picture.

I said "what do you think" because I feel like my picture is relevant to the discussion, and I didn't want to say "this is". I wasn't asking for help in any way.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You completely contradict yourself. You post a picture of what you believe is a rock face, but because I do it then I'm "saying that Hal and everyone else is wrong"?

Again, if you have to help me see a face in the rocks, then I don't think it's a legitimate picture.

I said "what do you think" because I feel like my picture is relevant to the discussion, and I didn't want to say "this is". I wasn't asking for help in any way.

So are YOU saying that Hal and everyone else is wrong?

Not at all.
Where do you think I said they were ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taken from somehiker's list.

13) Theres a spirit that sleeps near the mine 4 hours a day. (Apache Jack)
43) All the old landmarks are still there. You can almost peek into the mine where the entrance has settled. The cave of hidden gold. (San Carlos Apaches 1965)
55) Near the mine is a face that looks right at the mine. (Storm)
56) A Sphinx overhangs and dominates the mine area. (John Reed)
57) Waltz told of a natural stone face sitting upon the end of a canyon below his mine. (Storm)

Another face profile I like Hal...not Geronimo's or even on Geronimo Head Mountain.
But also "sitting upon the end of a canyon".
I've never looked up that canyon, to see if there's a mine though.
So many faces....so little time.

Attachments

• DSCF1289 crop.jpg
    DSCF1289 crop.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions