Both sides of Stone Maps Argument

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
arthur...have you been drinking?...the evidence is on this forum..if you are too lazy to go look at it then that is your problem ...i'm done repeating it....i and many others have put it out there for you to see...you have come forth with nothing...all you do on here is make demands and bum information...you never post anything of value....prove the doorstops lead to anything of value and we will listen...this is like trying to reason with my wife:laughing7:.....you have not found jack following those doorstops and we all know it...just come clean and you will feel better:occasion14:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
arthur...have you been drinking?...the evidence is on this forum..if you are too lazy to go look at it then that is your problem ...i'm done repeating it....i and many others have put it out there for you to see...you have come forth with nothing...all you do on here is make demands and bum information...you never post anything of value....prove the doorstops lead to anything of value and we will listen...this is like trying to reason with my wife:laughing7:.....you have not found jack following those doorstops and we all know it...just come clean and you will feel better:occasion14:

In other words, you have no evidence.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
In other words, you have no evidence.
clean the wax out of your ears arthur......cundiff..gordon..kollenborn..johnston have all produced mountains of proof ..the evidence has been posted here many times..the truth of the matter is you got nothing...you have never found squat with those maps and you don't know anyone that has...show us what you found and i'll eat my words.....or if you care to put up or shut up we can make a wager....but you have to prove you found treasure with the maps..i'll be glad to take your money..your next post will be the same as your last few i'm sure....all mouth and no treasure

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
clean the wax out of your ears arthur......cundiff..gordon..kollenborn..johnston have all produced mountains of proof ..the evidence has been posted here many times..the truth of the matter is you got nothing...you have never found squat with those maps and you don't know anyone that has...show us what you found and i'll eat my words.....or if you care to put up or shut up we can make a wager....but you have to prove you found treasure with the maps..i'll be glad to take your money..your next post will be the same as your last few i'm sure....all mouth and no treasure

Posted where? Shouldn't be too hard for you to find and repost. Show me. Post a link, an article, anything.

If you want to convince me that the Stone Maps are fake, then YOU have to do the legwork, not me.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day I just might get lucky and hit the lottery...But until then...I'll just keep on raising the ante by 1 million, for some lucky investor, for a trip to the area that I believe is depicted in the P.S.M's...Said investor will be able to see with their own eyes what I have been stating for some time...lol...And said ante will continue to go up by 1 million on my birthday up until the day that I meet my maker or someone with enough cash ante's up...IF any investor steps up...I hope that they will be adventurous enough to ride a mule for a week...

And I sure hope that they like beans and rice...rofl...With corn tortillas of course...I wonder how much a platinum deposit in North America might be worth today???And what IF it is Rhodium bearing???Who knows???Only time will tell...Here is a link to some interesting reading on how much a platinum deposit might be potentially worth in North America... https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...me..69i57j0.5994j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I wonder how much has been spent on the search for the origin of my ore???lmao

Ed T

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Posted where? Shouldn't be too hard for you to find and repost. Show me. Post a link, an article, anything.

If you want to convince me that the Stone Maps are fake, then YOU have to do the legwork, not me.

arthur...i'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything....why the dickens would i care if you believe the doorstops are real or not.....go ahead and waste your life trying to figure them out...no skin off my nose..all i said was nobody has ever found squat with those maps...including you...and nobody ever will....those maps have been around 70 or so years and nobody has ever produced a shred of proof (as in treasure) that they lead to anything...if you were truly a deducer your first clue would be the detail of artistry that was put into carving those maps....any treasure map i've ever seen (and i've seen a bunch) were crudely drawn on paper..probably took them no more than 5 minutes to make...even the rock markers and drawings out in the field looked liked a 5 year old carved them...the stone maps in the museum were not carved in 5 minutes but were worked on a little at a time for months and are a nice piece of art work...nobody in their right mind would spend a year carving a treasure map...of the few i've seen that i'd consider real were drawn in a hurry and probably under dire straights....in other words when the indians attacked the mexicans they didnt have a year to sit down and carve maps..they were to busy crapping their pants and running as fast as they could because there was a whole herd of howling injuns out for hair right on there tails

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
IMO, there will always be two sides to the Stone s argument, and this is why there may never be the kinds of evidence shared which some demand to see......

https://www.hakaimagazine.com/features/treasure-fever/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
of course i understand why nobody would admit to finding a treasure but these stones have been around for many years and nobody has ever produced as much as a single coin or bar that was recovered using them...there is so much evidence proving they are fake and not a shred proving they are real..just common sense alone should tell you they are bunk....everyone i have met that were into the stone maps were doing it in hopes of a book or tv show...every time i ask your pal arthur for proof the stones are real he he cant seem to come up with anything....makes you wonder:icon_scratch:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't make me wonder Dave......not at all. And Arthur can tell you that I have little to no interest in chasing the publicity which so many others have sought through books and mass media. And that includes those who promised lengthy productions guaranteed to prove the Stone Maps as fake and fraudulent. I have also come to the conclusion that there is nothing to be gained by proving them relative to any treasure, especially coins or gold bars. That kind of proof can get you killed out there, can it not ?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Doesn't make me wonder Dave......not at all. And Arthur can tell you that I have little to no interest in chasing the publicity which so many others have sought through books and mass media. And that includes those who promised lengthy productions guaranteed to prove the Stone Maps as fake and fraudulent. I have also come to the conclusion that there is nothing to be gained by proving them relative to any treasure, especially coins or gold bars. That kind of proof can get you killed out there, can it not ?
wayne...like i said...i wouldn't expect anyone currently looking for a treasure out there to start bragging about their finds...i'm talking about the thousands of other nuts over the past 70 years that claim the doorstops are real and claim to have solved them but have nothing to show for their troubles except financial ruin...these maps have had more attention than any other treasure map and more people trying to solve them and every one of them thought they knew more than the guy before them and yet they still have nothing..that should make you wonder....like i said before...if you guys want to waste your life following the doorstops its no skin off my nose....i just wonder why nobody has ever found anything with them...when i ask why they just stammer and stutter... i have been here most of my life and knew alot of the old timers that believed in the stone maps...they all died broke and destitute ...arthur is correct about one thing...i do know the doorstops are forged beyond the shadow of a doubt but i will not post it online:occasion14:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
arthur...i'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything....why the dickens would i care if you believe the doorstops are real or not.....go ahead and waste your life trying to figure them out...no skin off my nose..all i said was nobody has ever found squat with those maps...including you...and nobody ever will....those maps have been around 70 or so years and nobody has ever produced a shred of proof (as in treasure) that they lead to anything...if you were truly a deducer your first clue would be the detail of artistry that was put into carving those maps....any treasure map i've ever seen (and i've seen a bunch) were crudely drawn on paper..probably took them no more than 5 minutes to make...even the rock markers and drawings out in the field looked liked a 5 year old carved them...the stone maps in the museum were not carved in 5 minutes but were worked on a little at a time for months and are a nice piece of art work...nobody in their right mind would spend a year carving a treasure map...of the few i've seen that i'd consider real were drawn in a hurry and probably under dire straights....in other words when the indians attacked the mexicans they didnt have a year to sit down and carve maps..they were to busy crapping their pants and running as fast as they could because there was a whole herd of howling injuns out for hair right on there tails

I'm not "trying to figure them out" by and large, anymore. But there, thankfully, remains plenty of peripheral details to figure out or link to, history and otherwise. Such things have sustained my interest in the Stone Maps over the years, and unlike you or a majority of the searchers, I've had a great deal of fun and enjoyment, and the only money I've "wasted" has been on travel/lodgings.

And what makes you think the Mexicans have anything to do with the Stone Maps?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'm not "trying to figure them out" by and large, anymore. But there, thankfully, remains plenty of peripheral details to figure out or link to, history and otherwise. Such things have sustained my interest in the Stone Maps over the years, and unlike you or a majority of the searchers, I've had a great deal of fun and enjoyment, and the only money I've "wasted" has been on travel/lodgings.

And what makes you think the Mexicans have anything to do with the Stone Maps?
what makes you think they don't?
also what makes you think i didn't have a great deal of fun and enjoyment...

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
of course i understand why nobody would admit to finding a treasure but these stones have been around for many years and nobody has ever produced as much as a single coin or bar that was recovered using them...there is so much evidence proving they are fake and not a shred proving they are real..just common sense alone should tell you they are bunk....everyone i have met that were into the stone maps were doing it in hopes of a book or tv show...every time i ask your pal arthur for proof the stones are real he he cant seem to come up with anything....makes you wonder:icon_scratch:

Doesn't mean I don't have anything, I'm just obligated not to show too much, and also as a matter of choice, I've chosen to show next to nothing.

And as Wayne says, discovery is a double-edged sword. It could bring a taste of fame and fortune, but it also paints a big red bulls-eye on your back, and brings you no end of legal troubles and nutjobs. And even if I were to try to involve a production company, a writer, or solicit publicity in any form- these things tend to have a life of their own; they never turn out the way you want them to, and if you go the hollywood route, you can absolutely and definitely count on being screwed over.

But the worse part for me would be that the peace and quiet I enjoy way up there, would be lost forever. It's also very pristine- ain't no snowbirds or Arizona boys been up there vandalizing or defacing anything. I'm kind of starting to think it oughta stay that way.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
what makes you think they don't?
also what makes you think i didn't have a great deal of fun and enjoyment...

Oh it's not that I "think" they don't. I know they never had anything to do with the Stone Maps. Why would they? Their agenda was always for the short term, and for personal profit.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Doesn't mean I don't have anything, I'm just obligated not to show too much, and also as a matter of choice, I've chosen to show next to nothing.

And as Wayne says, discovery is a double-edged sword. It could bring a taste of fame and fortune, but it also paints a big red bulls-eye on your back, and brings you no end of legal troubles and nutjobs. And even if I were to try to involve a production company, a writer, or solicit publicity in any form- these things tend to have a life of their own; they never turn out the way you want them to, and if you go the hollywood route, you can absolutely and definitely count on being screwed over.

But the worse part for me would be that the peace and quiet I enjoy way up there, would be lost forever. It's also very pristine- ain't no snowbirds or Arizona boys been up there vandalizing or defacing anything. I'm kind of starting to think it oughta stay that way.
if you don't like us arizona boys you can always stay home...don't they have any mountains where you are?....you could always hang out there and not have to deal with us arizona boys:dontknow:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
We just seem to be going in circles, so I'll repeat this one more time.

You are the one who boasted about having "plenty of evidence." I'm calling you out on it.

I challenge you or anyone else to post hard evidence, right now, in this thread, that shows clearly that the Stone Maps are fake.

It is against the rules to post links to another forum. However, at the risk of getting banned, here is the relevant thread that might provide what you are looking for.

http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1435

In this thread, it turned out that Travis was a stone carver, loved to carve Spanish treasure themed stones. The 'galleon' carving is pretty impressive. It is not in dispute that Travis carved these other stone carvings. The style is very much in keeping with the Peralta stones. It is hard to ignore the fact that Travis loved to carve stones with treasure stuff. Kind of puts the whole thing in a different perspective.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It is against the rules to post links to another forum. However, at the risk of getting banned, here is the relevant thread that might provide what you are looking for.

Travis Tumlinson and the Stone Maps - Lost Dutchman Goldmine

In this thread, it turned out that Travis was a stone carver, loved to carve Spanish treasure themed stones. The 'galleon' carving is pretty impressive. It is not in dispute that Travis carved these other stone carvings. The style is very much in keeping with the Peralta stones. It is hard to ignore the fact that Travis loved to carve stones with treasure stuff. Kind of puts the whole thing in a different perspective.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

travis was definitely a stone carver and a fairly good one...i'm impressed with the art work on the stone maps..my guess is nobody still living knows the real reason he carved them

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day some treasure hunter will connect the dots as I have done...And they may decide to share what they know with all of you...Then ya'll may decide for yourselves IF the stones are real or fake...I may be grasping for straws...But I believe that the stones are legitimate...I also believe that they lead to an ancient mining real that consists of 17 or 18 mines...I am not exactly sure of the number of mines...The area that I have been to only contained 13 mines...Or that is the number of mines that I saw and counted...lol

Anyhow...I don't know IF I will ever return to that area...It is a really dangerous place to try to get to...I am not in any rush to try to return...Maybe when I retire in Mazatlan I will try to return...I will just have to wait and see how the climate is in 13 years...Mexico is a dangerous place to prospect...I found that out on one of my excursions...And you all can give it a shot IF you so desire...

Good luck to ya'll...You just might need it IF you do venture down South...

Ed T

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
if you don't like us arizona boys you can always stay home...don't they have any mountains where you are?....you could always hang out there and not have to deal with us arizona boys:dontknow:

The Superstitions are around 25 million years old. The idea that they "belong" to any humans, much less an ethnic or local group is downright absurd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread