Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys all bring up great points/counter points. It seems like things pretty much point to Travis having carved the stones, but it also sounds very plausible that he was maybe duplicating some sort of treasure map.
Lots of ifs and maybes, but . . . . . I think, . . . . not everybody is talking. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Idaho Dutch

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
why would they if they had never seen the maps...nobody saw them until 1964

But you claim that Travis Tumlinson carved the maps to throw off the competitors? What's the point of doing that if nobody had seen or heard of them until well after he died?

This includes all the major players who were in the Supers since the 1930's and earlier (Reser, Gassler, Bark, Burbridge, etc). They left behind massive amounts of notes, and some of it is stored at Greg's library- there is absolutely no pre-1964 mention of the Stone Maps in their notes.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Was that the nephew who was featured in the last video RG posted ?
not sure wayne and i don't really want to mention his name here..unless i had his permission...there is alot of things i wont say here..maybe i'll see you at the rendezvous next year

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You guys all bring up great points/counter points. It seems like things pretty much point to Travis having carved the stones, but it also sounds very plausible that he was maybe duplicating some sort of treasure map.
Lots of ifs and maybes, but . . . . . I think, . . . . not everybody is talking. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Idaho Dutch
dutch...any of the local dutch hunters around here learned a long time ago the doorstops are fake...they are good at sucking newbies in though

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure wayne and i don't really want to mention his name here..unless i had his permission...there is alot of things i wont say here..maybe i'll see you at the rendezvous next year

That's understandable.....given the circumstances I guess.
But if it was the same person, he had clearly stated in the video, that he and the other family members had learned much of what they
now believed from Ryan himself.
Do you know from whom the original claim that Travis did anything "to throw people off" came from, and when ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
after what he has been through because of those doorstops i bet he REALLY doesn't want anything to do with them now

Prior to RG showing up, he didn't have any interest in them or in Travis Tumlinson, whatsoever. It was RG who went rummaging in the attic on the ranch, the old barn, and discovered the maps, and it was RG who tracked down Travis's stuff in storage and got to go through everything.

So he is pulling your leg if he is coming across as being any sort of expert on what Travis Tumlinson did or did not do.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch...any of the local dutch hunters around here learned a long time ago the doorstops are fake...they are good at sucking newbies in though

I didn't say I was going after anything. I was just enjoying the friendly discussion :hello2: . . . but even if Travis did carve the stones, it does not mean that the map is inaccurate or imagined. In reality, it could be either. :occasion14:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say I was going after anything. I was just enjoying the friendly discussion :hello2: . . . but even if Travis did carve the stones, it does not mean that the map is inaccurate or imagined. In reality, it could be either. :occasion14:

It's complicated.......which usually results in some of the best discussions AND experiences with old and new friends that I have had in my lifetime. This includes Dave, although we haven't met as yet. Maybe later this year.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Prior to RG showing up, he didn't have any interest in them or in Travis Tumlinson, whatsoever. It was RG who went rummaging in the attic on the ranch, the old barn, and discovered the maps, and it was RG who tracked down Travis's stuff in storage and got to go through everything.

So he is pulling your leg if he is coming across as being any sort of expert on what Travis Tumlinson did or did not do.
so you were with ryan when he was there?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
it is rumored travis used other maps as models to carve the doorstops

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It's complicated.......which usually results in some of the best discussions AND experiences with old and new friends that I have had in my lifetime. This includes Dave, although we haven't met as yet. Maybe later this year.
looking forward to that wayne:occasion14:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find them to be some really interesting doorstops nonetheless...IF they do lead to an area somewhere in North America is yet to be determined...lol...Maybe one day we will learn IF they are real or just some stones carved by someone to dupe investors into throwing money into a venture...

I will neither confirm nor deny said doorstops lead to any real area of interest...Believe what ya'll choose to believe...

Ed T

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I find them to be some really interesting doorstops non the less...IF they do lead to an area somewhere in North America is yet to be determined...lol...Maybe one day we will learn IF they are real or just some stones carved by someone to dupe investors into throwing money into a venture...

I will neither confirm nor deny said doorstops lead to any real area of interest...Believe what ya'll choose to believe...

Ed T
they may not have been carved to dupe anyone...that thought may have came later...he may have just wanted to do some artwork...

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

Dave,
The stone maps story never sounded right to me. . . I was focused on LDM and wasn't going to get sidetracked on something that . . . well the maps looked too good and frankly, the symbols seem to have lots of different interpretations for different people. Not too long ago, I was made privy to some research that changed my views about the map depicted on the stones.
Whoever made the stone maps, must have done an accurate duplication of an authentic map.
The research I saw made a believer out of me, and maybe one day soon, the rest of you as well. The maps are accurate.
There are people that are just not talking openly right now . . . If the maps are accurate, does it really matter who made the stone maps or for whatever reason? Nice info to have, but matter?
Sincerely,
Idaho Dutch

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find them to have been carved by a master stone carver...Either of the Spanish Realm or of the Catholic church...I even have an inkling to claim that they may even be of Jesuit origin but who can say for certain???Possibly even a master chiblim...https://books.google.com/books?id=Y...were the jesuits master stone carvers&f=false ...There are some questions that we may never be able to answer...IF I were a betting man...I'd bet whoever carved them did an outstanding job at creating doorstops that boggle the minds of many a treasure hunter...

Ed T

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave,
The stone maps story never sounded right to me. . . I was focused on LDM and wasn't going to get sidetracked on something that . . . well the maps looked too good and frankly, the symbols seem to have lots of different interpretations for different people. Not too long ago, I was made privy to some research that changed my views about the map depicted on the stones.
Whoever made the stone maps, must have done an accurate duplication of an authentic map.
The research I saw made a believer out of me, and maybe one day soon, the rest of you as well. The maps are accurate.
There are people that are just not talking openly right now . . . If the maps are accurate, does it really matter who made the stone maps or for whatever reason? Nice info to have, but matter?
Sincerely,
Idaho Dutch
dutch...i've been here a long time and talked to alot of guys that had the maps all figured out.....i might have given them the benefit of the doubt except for one thing...everyone of them had a different area and they made the maps fit where they were searching...if the maps would have led all of them to one area it might be more believable...you can take those maps and without too much trouble make them fit any area you want

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,
Had I not seen the research that I saw, you definitely would be preaching to the choir.:icon_thumright::hello2::icon_thumleft:
Don't write it off yet.
If it helps, I really do not think the maps started off on stones, and I believe that whoever made the stone versions should get an A for accuracy.
Is there treasure at the end? Great question.
Are the maps real? When something shows how to get somewhere and shows what the destination is to look like, and when you follow it and it takes you a destination that is what is shown on the map; then I think that qualifies as a real map. It does not matter if it was duplicated or not.

All I can say is . . . . if and when the research/evidence is made public, you might want to look at it.
Sincerely,
Idaho Dutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread