Rendezvous 2019

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect Joe and know he cares a lot about his wife ..............and you two should know better ...act your age ..even it is hard for you ..

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
Do I need an inviting or can I just show up Saturday afternoon. It's a long way from oklahoma thank you ,,,roy from ok.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All are welcome

Frank,

Look forward to seeing you again. As usual, I will arrive Thursday night. If no Don is there, I will just spend the night in the lower parking lot. No food prep this year, but if I make it to the 20 yr. reunion, I will do Dutch Hunter's Stew for the Friday arrivals.:)

See you all there.

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See ya tomorrow Joe.

Mike

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Joe I'll be there Fri about 12 to unlock the gate. Woody is towing a trailer from Dewey. Meeting him at about 11 to guide him in .

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few photos from the 2019 15th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous held at the Don's Camp in the shadow of the Superstition Mountains.

The 15th Rendezvous was well attended again this year, between 70 - 80 dutch hunters over friday and saturday. Weather was perfect and interesting speakers at the saturday night get together.

Joe Ribaudo 1.jpg
Joe Ribaudo, the founder of the Dutch Hunters Rendezvous.

Joe and Roger 2.jpg
Roger Newkirk and Joe Ribaudo

Mike McChesney 3.jpg
Mike McChesney

Frank Augustine 4.jpg
Frank Augustine (center) with 2 Tennessee dutch hunters.

Greg Davis 5).jpg
Greg Davis, Acquisitions Director and past President of the Don's Club and the SMHS Museum.

Sal 6.jpg
Salvador

DSCN0081 a.jpg
The Dacite cliffs at the Don's Camp.

Maps c.jpg
Old Military and trail maps on display at the Rendezvous.

Roger Doug .jpg
Roger Newkirk and Doug from New Mexico.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mr. Roberts,

A lot of Dutchman savvy just in those pictures, but where is the selfie? Sure wish I could have been there, but had too much going on, walking the bride on Saturday. Seventy to Eighty is quite a group, and that is just the ones that were able to go. I know there are hundreds who visit this forum, wish more would post every now and then.

Homar

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still pretty new around here, but I think it would be a worthwhile trip. Maybe we'll hear some more from those that were able to attend.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On our way to the Rendezvous Dave & I stopped by the OK Corral to see
Ron, Jesse & check out the rock shop. I had a great time visiting them & seeing the horses (which I don't get to see often).
Going there made my day!
The Rendezvous is cool seeing all from last year, I really liked the display of maps!
It would be cool if everyone brought something....kind of a "show & tell" would make for a much more exciting
event & it would "break the ice"
to make new friends........just a thought.
I have a collection of really cool interesting items I could bring.

View attachment 1769935
Ron Feldman's rock shop,
This is a small sample of his impressive rock collection!

View attachment 1769936

View attachment 1769940

View attachment 1769938

View attachment 1769939

Last edited:

boatcapt

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2012
NW Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some reported 70 - 80 in attendance but there seems to be "lock jaw" in Photos and jibber jabber. about the event. Wish people would give us some details.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some reported 70 - 80 in attendance but there seems to be "lock jaw" in Photos and jibber jabber. about the event. Wish people would give us some details.

Them dang treasure hunter they are very secretive that is why you need to go to the rendezvous so you can get in on that info. The hunters are not going to let it out on a world wide public forum some have worked hard to get that info collected there entire life.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them dang treasure hunter they are very secretive that is why you need to go to the rendezvous so you can get in on that info. The hunters are not going to let it out on a world wide public forum some have worked hard to get that info collected there entire life.

Some of them darned treasure hunters are even willing to take what they know with them to the grave...lol...But what do I know???

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread