Rendezvous 2019

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg hasn't posted a date as yet, but....
likely the weekend of Oct. 25,26,27.

Last edited:

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they push it back to November for the cooler temps?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year, it was the first weekend of November.

Mike

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All: 2019 Lost Dutchman Rendezvous is schedule for the first weekend in November. November 1, 2 and 3. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Greg.
Wrong guess on my part....I didn't make it down last year, but remembered it had been put back a week or two from the original third weekend in October, in the hope for cooler weather. Certainly hope that's the case this year as well.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid. Greg says November1,2.&3
to Oro ! you would like it ...lol hello old friend . still alive and trying to stay that way ...lol I can not believe some of these old f**kers are still alive ...lol ...my brother Ron past away last xmas day .. loss of a good treasure hunter and yes he went with me to hunt the LDM .. he made me promise to come back one more time . he knew I found it ...the threats on life were real it got out of control and came back to NY and upset my girlfriend and ended with cops and FBI ...I have tried to stay away for a few years but I don't have many left and I did locate it ...I found the house in cave and I can prove it ....I would love to make the rendezvous and lay the winning hand down for all to see ....the LDM is real and yes it is out there ...just took someone with the right skills ...hope to see you soon old friend ...my mind is as crisp and a Jews pickle ...lol and I am still kick and walking the trails ...

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to Oro ! you would like it ...lol hello old friend . still alive and trying to stay that way ...lol I can not believe some of these old f**kers are still alive ...lol ...my brother Ron past away last xmas day .. loss of a good treasure hunter and yes he went with me to hunt the LDM .. he made me promise to come back one more time . he knew I found it ...the threats on life were real it got out of control and came back to NY and upset my girlfriend and ended with cops and FBI ...I have tried to stay away for a few years but I don't have many left and I did locate it ...I found the house in cave and I can prove it ....I would love to make the rendezvous and lay the winning hand down for all to see ....the LDM is real and yes it is out there ...just took someone with the right skills ...hope to see you soon old friend ...my mind is as crisp and a Jews pickle ...lol and I am still kick and walking the trails ...

He's baaaa-aaaak!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Sorry for the loss of your brother. It would be great to see you again, we are planning (with fingers crossed) to attend the rendezvous this year. Keep going amigo!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

zzppygrl2u

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
AZ
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can anyone come to the rendezvous? And what do you guys do while you're there?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can anyone come to the rendezvous? And what do you guys do while you're there?
Yes, anyone may attend, and are most welcome
we discuss the Superstition mountains, the Lost Dutchman Mine and just about anything else, it is a great opportunity to meet people interested in the same things, there are guest speakers there as well, most of them somewhat famous, or at least well known and respected.

zzppygrl2u

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
AZ
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the info, Alan M. This forum fascinates me & I've learned so much from the posts here. I can't wait to meet ya'll at the Rendezvous!

stude

Nov 8, 2009
las cruces nm
I would like to attend for the first time. Could I get some more details like exactly where, camping accomodations, etc. I searched and this is the only thread I could find. I don't do facebook. Thanks

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to attend for the first time. Could I get some more details like exactly where, camping accomodations, etc. I searched and this is the only thread I could find. I don't do facebook. Thanks

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne and I filmed a tube video on how to get there and what Don's Camp looks like. Listed with the legend of the superstition mountains video series. I'll be there for the weekend and will unlock the gate about noon on Fri. There is a toilet building but no water. Bring your own. Plenty of room for camping including trailers.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2019 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous is being held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year at the Don's Camp on Peralta road.

I have been asked to bring several maps to the Rendezvous this year:

The J. Alan Stirrat 1948 Map of the Lost Dutchman and other legendary mine areas in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. Original copy. This map is important to all serious dutch hunters because it traces all the earliest Spanish and Mexican trails through the mountains.

All of the earliest Military Maps of the Superstitions, some are pre Fort McDowell maps, as well as maps that show the early trails from from Prescott through to Fort McDowell, Fort Verde, and the Superstition Mountains. All maps are from the 1864 - 1874 era. Total 5 maps.

Walter Gasslers map.

Also one map showing the locations of known mines and diggings as well as the location of camps of many of the early Dutch hunters.

Some of these maps like the Stirrat map are quite large. All the maps will be available to be filmed by photo or video as it is best to get close up shots of various areas on the maps rather than a long shot of the entire map.

I will be at the Rendezvous on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday. Anyone interested is welcome to take photos.

Matthew

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread