Jacobs and Ludi, Fact or Fiction ?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Jacobs and Ludi could been the two soldiers that Waltz has confessed of killing them, but were not the same soldiers with those from the Two Soldiers story of Silver King which was attached to Joe Deering story.
Also I believe how the story of Waltz saving the life of a Peralta member in a bar , in reality this story is related to Jacobs and Ludi and has nothing to do with Waltz and Wiser. And I also believe how Jacobs and Ludi have not worked the LDM, but a different Peralta's mine in that region.
Too many soldiers involved in the Superstitions gold mines saga. Does this means how maps and clues for gold mines were traded for freedom by Mexicans to US soldiers?
I still believe Waltz was led to the LDM by an Apache woman, like Apache " Injunbro" stated. Like Apache took Dr.Thorne to the gold outcrop, the Apache woman led Waltz to the same spot. IMHO there was not another way for someone to discover that gold outcrop, because its location. This was the reason the Apache have not covered that place which later was covered by Waltz.

The Jacobs and Ludi (Ludy) story has both men killed by Apaches. What source states that Waltz killed two soldiers? Thanks in advance.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Jacobs and Ludi (Ludy) story has both men killed by Apaches.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Hi Roy:

Is that what was reported in the newspaper article from 1878 that you remembered having come across ?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Roy:

Is that what was reported in the newspaper article from 1878 that you remembered having come across ?

I don't have that at hand to check but I was shocked that the story was basically identical with what Storm wrote. (One survivor manages to crawl out to get help but dies soon after, just like the Weiser story) Also it was apparently assumed to be Apaches not proven fact. For the time period it could have been another tribe (Yavapai, Navajo) or renegades.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread