Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
In that 2nd pic, the huge pile of rocks, directly behind the big rest boulder, and about half way up to the base of the cliffs….. that pile of rock is what Waltz spent a winter piling up.
The top of the cache is covered with almost 10’ of rock.
The picture does not reflect the degree of slope not just in the ravine, but on that rock pile also.
For scale reference, that big rock pile covering Waltz’s mine, is about 40’ in diameter.

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Idahodutch --

I have more GE images that might be of interest to you if you're seriously considering another trip into the mountains. The images could cause you to consider adding some more area to your explorations, but what they show is not too far from your prime objective. Just let me know by PM if you want to view them.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Legend, is an underground radar device, as well as long range detection. Was set to launch at beginning of 2022, but I was able to order it in November of 2021.
Technology keeps getting better.
With technology like this, it really was only a matter of time, before someone found it.
That Gold Legend was only developed to find the gold and silver in your pocket.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Homar,
You are welcome to barrow the device if you like 👍😁
Seeing is believing :occasion14:
Thanks for the offer ID, you are a good Hombre. Sure hope it works for you. At least you have enough time to test it out on a known gold mine, like the Old Wasp, and it's uncovered. I am sure Mr. Worst would let you test your new toy there. Let's see how close you have to be to get a reading, or how far inside you have to be. If it works, you might find a new vein, or pocket for Mr. Worst. That would be a win, win for both.
Wishing you the best.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the offer ID, you are a good Hombre. Sure hope it works for you. At least you have enough time to test it out on a known gold mine, like the Old Wasp, and it's uncovered. I am sure Mr. Worst would let you test your new toy there. Let's see how close you have to be to get a reading, or how far inside you have to be. If it works, you might find a new vein, or pocket for Mr. Worst. That would be a win, win for both.
Wishing you the best.
😁 thanks Homar.
The only gold mine that I knew was still there, was the one I visited in 2021.
It was after that visit, that I started to investigate deep penetrating radar technology.
It was like you suggested, it’s important to test it out on a known mine.

We started over a 1/4 mile away, and pointing wrong direction. Let the device do the locating.
The photo of my son down towards bottom of needle canyon, was the second day using the device.
It led to the same spot as the first day.

My son did not believe the mine would be where I said. He, like Harnish and others, thought it was on the east part of the ravine. He must have tracked the spot 3 times the first day, and then confessed that he didn’t think I would be right. 😁

He thought I was nuts but went along, to make sure the old man made it back out.

So after testing the device on a known mine, I’m happy to give the device a thumbs up 👍😁.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
😁 thanks Homar.
The only gold mine that I knew was still there, was the one I visited in 2021.
It was after that visit, that I started to investigate deep penetrating radar technology.
It was like you suggested, it’s important to test it out on a known mine.

We started over a 1/4 mile away, and pointing wrong direction. Let the device do the locating.
The photo of my son down towards bottom of needle canyon, was the second day using the device.
It led to the same spot as the first day.

My son did not believe the mine would be where I said. He, like Harnish and others, thought it was on the east part of the ravine. He must have tracked the spot 3 times the first day, and then confessed that he didn’t think I would be right. 😁

He thought I was nuts but went along, to make sure the old man made it back out.

So after testing the device on a known mine, I’m happy to give the device a thumbs up 👍😁.
Howdy Idahodutch,
May be the Harnish/Curtis claim that was worked till 94? Whatever it may be, :metaldetector: now you will have a drove of crazy Dutch hunters to worry about. :blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard:
Stay safe Amigo.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harnish diggings were on Black Top Mesa. There is a map which shows the region.
Waltz map is a Mexican map made for the LDM inclined shaft. The main map ( without the three little maps from the left side ) covers about 1x0,8 square miles. The mine itself it's located in the circle pointed to by an arrow. The diameter of the circle is about 45 yards.

Attachments

• Black-Top-Mesa-Map-34.gif
    Black-Top-Mesa-Map-34.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,
May be the Harnish/Curtis claim that was worked till 94? Whatever it may be, :metaldetector: now you will have a drove of crazy Dutch hunters to worry about. :blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard::blackbeard:
Stay safe Amigo.
Thanks Homar,
If I can make it in again, I’d like to map out the inclined shaft mine.
Harnish activities indicate he was not able to locate either mine.
Everywhere there was activity, you can still see it. He put nothing back to normal. The mine sites are undisturbed 🤓

Im not worried about crazy dutch hunters😁
We are all kind of a little nuts 😂

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Harnish diggings were on Black Top Mesa. There is a map which shows the region.
Waltz map is a Mexican map made for the LDM inclined shaft. The main map ( without the three little maps from the left side ) covers about 1x0,8 square miles. The mine itself it's located in the circle pointed to by an arrow. The diameter of the circle is about 45 yards.
Harnish was several places.
Why would Mexicans call it “Waltz Map”?

If you are wanting to disprove this find …… you have your work cut out 😂😂🤣
Thanks for reading 👍

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harnish was several places.
Why would Mexicans call it “Waltz Map”?

If you are wanting to disprove this find …… you have your work cut out 😂😂🤣
Thanks for reading 👍
There it's nothing to find, at least in this millennium. Save your time and money. If you want gold, go to the two gold mines along Terrapin Trail, but if you want fame...
Thanks for answering.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
There it's nothing to find, at least in this millennium. Save your time and money. If you want gold go to the two gold mines along Terrapin Trail, but if you want fame...
Thanks for answering.
You are once again showing who you are markmar.
Unbacked declarations are just noise.
You can believe whatever you want, but bashing someone’s find without backing up your bash, is nothing but hot air.
A baby throwing a fit.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are once again showing who you are markmar.
Unbacked declarations are just noise.
You can believe whatever you want, but bashing someone’s find without backing up your bash, is nothing but hot air.
A baby throwing a fit.
Yes, I am who I am, the guy who knows where are all the gold mines which have been worked in the Superstitions. If you are going for a new mine, this is acceptable. A new gold vein could be hidden in the region you are searching, but not the LDM, not even a worthless gold mine.
I am with you, for this I want to save your money and your time. One day you will realize I was right. You have to learn to listen. Nobody can find the LDM because it's in a place nobody would think it is. For this reason the Apache left the vein uncovered ( later LDM residual placer ) while they were covering the LDM inclined shaft. So, the Waltz cache will remain hidden for ever until me or someone else who has permission will decide it's needed to be taken away for a very good reason.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I am who I am, the guy who knows where are all the gold mines which have been worked in the Superstitions. If you are going for a new mine, this is acceptable. A new gold vein could be hidden in the region you are searching, but not the LDM, not even a worthless gold mine.
I am with you, for this I want to save your money and your time. One day you will realize I was right. You have to learn to listen. Nobody can find the LDM because it's in a place nobody would think it is. For this reason the Apache left the vein uncovered ( later LDM residual placer ) while they were covering the LDM inclined shaft. So, the Waltz cache will remain hidden for ever until me or someone else who has permission will decide it's needed to be taken away for Good day to you
I see …..

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius.. you are so full of yourself.. your a google earther.. you have no proof to back up any of your claims .. just your theories.. yet you speak as though you have been there,, we all know you have not.. you and BB know every mine in the sups.. all the unknown history.. hell , you even seem to know what and how they all thought, over 100 years ago.. must also be the greatest mind reader... your telling everyone they wont find it without permission., that's crazy talk.. someone that actually goes into those mountains for extended periods of time will eventually find it..
we all appreciate different views and ideas.. but you seem to be more forceful, by telling everyone they are wrong or wasting their time.. i have come to the conclusion that reading your posts is the true waste of time.. your persistent attacks of others ideas is annoying.. you could share a theory without being so arrogant.. just saying

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with you, for this I want to save your money and your time. One day you will realize I was right. You have to learn to listen. Nobody can find the LDM because it's in a place nobody would think it is. For this reason the Apache left the vein uncovered ( later LDM residual placer ) while they were covering the LDM inclined shaft. So, the Waltz cache will remain hidden for ever until me or someone else who has permission will decide it's needed to be taken away for a very good reason.
Markmar,
I will take your post step by step, and dissect it.
Not for you, but for everybody else.

I located a gold deposit, at a spot that was covered over by man.
You obviously have been unaware of this location, prior to my pointing it out.
Your first state is false. You do not know what you claim.
Your second statement about it being a new mine, but not LDM…
That’s you throwing a fit. 😂😂🤣
Your third statement about which mine the Apache left open, is false according to “thunder gods gold”
The newly dug very rich Peralta mine, was left open by the Apache, was shortly after the 1847 massacre. The Waltz/Weiser mine started down below did not exist shortly after 1847 massacre.

That’s called giving backup …. Backup you would not provide, and we all see why.
Your bash is nonsense, spouted out in a fit of rage.
And everybody can tell you are not trying to help.

You wanted to bash my thread, and when I get after you about it, you say I always want to start arguments.
You may believe whatever you wish👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, sorry about the interruption, everybody.
There are more details that should be shared about hidden camp and what we discovered earlier this year.
I just wanted to clear the air first.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe I'm not trying to help, then it's ok. Congratulation! You have found the LDM and the Waltz cache. I'm so glad for you. Go ahead and told to the people how using only one ( from another 20 ) LDM clue available at your spot, that from Holmes manuscript which says about the Four Peaks looking like one peak, you have been able to find the mine.
One thing it's clear for sure, how searching continuously for an argument, you have argued with the truth. And you have to know and something else, you can't clear the air if you are spreading BS.

So good luck from me and take care.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the send off markmar,
Believe what you want.
I just wish you would quit throwing stuff at my search. Each time you do, you provoke a response. When your bs is shown to be bs, you just throw more stuff … never ending.
Your last post is case and point.
The more you go on, the more your bs is visible.

So by all means, keep arguing over your nonsense.
Until next time,
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, sorry about the interruption, everybody.
There are more details that should be shared about hidden camp and what we discovered earlier this year.
I just wanted to clear the air first.
Ok, so the hidden camp.
The spot shown in the red oval, as seen in the image below, no longer looks like it does in the image.
A44309A7-7181-4BE4-81F1-D53A3D333EA6.jpeg

The date shown, was date of GE setting.
Directly behind the shallow cave, the natural terrain deflects or diverts the watershed from above, around to the left side, (or east side), of the camp.
All images going back as far as detail allows, shows this spot the same …. Virtually no changes.
This is also how the camp looked when we went there in April of 2021.

There was some shifting of things that took place, due to water erosion…. Perhaps the heavy monsoons later that summer (2021). There had been heavy rain shortly prior to us going in also (March 2022). Maybe combination of all, but somehow, the rear portion of the shallow cave was breached. Maybe a boulder smacked the back side of the cave? Maybe it was already to give way, and finally did … I don’t know, other than it pretty much destroyed the hidden camp.

Much of the watershed from above, came right through what was once the hidden camp. Enough to cut a Chanel through it.

That little stool looking rock just out front of the shallow cave, is no longer in the same spot. It is now several yards … what is now down stream 😳

I did not go digging through the washout remains. I was pretty bummed out.
Maybe if GE ever does more recent imaging, then the terrain changes could be compared.

So if this is Waltz’s ravine, it looks like the hidden camp is even harder to find now.

There were other signs of strong erosion throughout Boulder Canyon, as well as some other non clue related features.

I only sharing this information, because I really don’t know if I’ll make it back again, or not. My hope is to make it, but we’ll have to just see how things go.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread