Dutchmans mine most likely not in the Superstion Mountians

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I Grew up in Phoenix, have hiked the Superstitions. I havent hunted for the Lost Dutchmans mine but have read alot about it. What Ive read is gold isnt natrual to the types of rocks there. Probally a little north of there. Jacob Waltz probally told everybody it was in the Superstitions to throw them off. But gold is where you find it. But there is most likely treasure to find there as over 300 people have died there mainly at the hands of Apache indians and people getting lost. It is very rough terrain and it looks alot different going out than comming in. Always turn and look where you came from. Also, dont do it in the summer!! Very hot

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
phxmark123:
Do you have any spare time?? ???
I have a couple areas North of The Super. Mnts!
They are just north of the Salt River!
Care to go have a look ?? ::)

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Bill, was lookin' for ya all day yesterday. ??? Yeah you two are right. This time of the year or late fall is the best time for that area. And it is wicked in the summer, been there.
Did ya read or hear about that guy just a couple of years ago that they found murdered just inside the Supers line with a backpack full of gold. Even had his picture in the newspaper I read it in. ??? Well, take care and be safe now. ;D

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Cptbil: Wow that would have been fun. but I moved to Sherman Texas 5 years ago. Its different out here, all the land is somebodies property. West texas is more desert and open though. I need to spend some time checking out laws here. Good Luck

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Cptbil: Have you been to TipTop north of Lake Pleasant? Old silver mining ghost town, I checked it out once. Some buildings still standing and a mine up the hill. I used to do a lot of panning and dredging in the Bradshaws years ago when gold was about $600 an oz.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
? The guy was fairly young in his 30's and now that I recall had several pounds of nuggets and fines in his backpack, and he had a pistol or rifle ( he was armed ).? Shot in the body first apparently then a coup de gras in the head.? ?What was the most puzzling part of course was that he was not robbed or his weapon taken, no tracks, and dogs couldn't sniff out a thing. :o? In fact, they did not think he had been disturbed at all after his slaying.? Weird!!! Huh??? ??? ??? ???? Now that I think about it, I believe that I was visiting a prospecting buddy in Deming, NM about 1994 or so, and someone showed us that paper article. Could have been the Deming, Lordsburg, Silver City or any Arizona paper, but I do know that it had just happened and all the LEO's were really scratching their heads over it all! ;D?? Guess that makes it about 11 years ago. ;)? Man, time does get away from ya in a hurry when ya start aging! :'( ;D C.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
phxmark123:
I haven't been to the Town/site of Tiptop...? :(
But!
I have been into and all around (N-S-E-W) of the Bradshaws, tho!
It was one of the Bigger gold/strikes? :P? in the old days!
There was gold/silver mining, done all thruout the entire mnt range (roughly 100miles long) in the 1860s and on!
Before that time, the Spanish and Mexican tried to work the mnts!
But! The Apaches? ?:-\? generally kept everyone out!
YEP!
AND! You'll find that TEXAS is about 90% Private Land!
Just the opposite of out west!
I hope that you don't mind, & I will be breaking? ::)? The Code of The West!? ::)
But! Why did you move ?? ????

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Hey Bill, I've been tryin' to contact you for the last couple of days and see what your itinerary is gonna be. Of course, private E-mail me and we'll talk, or I will you, either way! ;D

Of course if ya don't count all the Govt land taken up by Big Bend NF, the Guadalupe NF, and the National Seashore, State Parks, Rec and Hunting Areas as well as County and Municipal owned lands, oh and lets not forget all the University Trust Lands rented out, I guess you'd be about right on 90% private land ownership. MAYBE! ;D ;D ;D Comanchero

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Comanchero: Hmm, might be a little diffecult to research some of those smaller towns. I dont know how well they keep records. That does sound strange that he was found with the loot. I guess research might solve a treasure secret and a murder investigation. I wonder which one would have the bigger reward...lol

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Capbil: Lets not talk about why I moved to Texas. Had something to do with a woman, the internet a year of marriage and a divorce...lol. I noticed in your avatar that you have a Jeep. I used to have a 78 Jeep when I did my prospecting. Needed it to go to Tip Top but everywhere else I just gave the 401 some gas and it went. I guess Ill have to check out local ordinances and seek permission slips...hehe to look around here...I guess the school playgrounds and park playgrounds are ok. Might have to put on my ninja suit for the good spots though.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
To All:
If this person were killed by Indians they would have left the gold, weapons & etc with the body!
They did/do this as A WARNING!?
IE:
The weapons left behind mean, that nothing will protect you!
The gold left behind means,? you come for gold, you'll find DEATH!
I have a missing relative?? ?:'(? that, in his camp, was left the same kind of message!?
His body has never been found!
I believe it (His Body) was placed on the Gold Vein, by the Apaches,? and then covered up!
That was another of the Apache/Indian ways!
Think about it!

? Whiteman!, ? ?>:( Here! you want the our gold? ...? ?>:(
Here it is! ? ?8)? You'll be right here on top of it forever!? ?:-\

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Do you think that is still the way today. I am sorry that I havent seen any Apaches riding the mountians in full headress in my treks. But I guess they say you will never hear them sneek up behind you. Unless you are Outlaw Josie Wales I guess

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Last year on T.V> and the Phoenix Republic news paper was a man that had been trying to get the Government allow him to dig for the LDM. Finally they are allowing it. He even showed the signs he tracked to locate it.
Anyone here from the Phoenix area that can get the article?? I tried on the net, but not good at this stuff. I think it was the Discovery channel he was on.

Jacko

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
The San Carlos Rez is really near all that area. I made friends with some of them by getting drunk with them and livin' with them for a couple of weeks. They told me that the "Trusted Ones" knew where a lot of gold was all over the Mountains on the Rez. They also did confirm that those areas are continually watched, especially the easily accesible ones, and like Bill said, Death is the penalty. Also, any "trusted one" that tells a white man where any gold is, is subject to the same fate. :o They are also forbidden to mine and sell it also, because that would cause serious problems with the Govt.Agencies of course and the Greedy white men that would want to control all of it! >:(
I knew all this before Bill said it, but I don't like stating facts that make my Indian friends look bad, being part Indian myself. ;D Anyhow, there it is. They did show me some real nice gold nuggets and fines though. ;D Comanchero

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Re: Dutchmans mine most likely not in the Superstion Mountains

Yeaaaaah Jacko, I saw at least 2 programs on the Lost Dutchman in last couple of years. ::) The first was on "Unsolved Mysteries" and the second was on the "Discovery Channel". :o
To say the least, I was not impressed at all. As far as I am concerned, those guys out there looking for that crap and wasting their best years are mental midgets or worse! :D ;)

SAY, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, I DO BELIEVE THAT NOT LONG AFTER THE GUY WAS KILLED AND IT WAS IN A LOT OF PAPERS, THAT "UNSOLVED MYSTERIES" DID A PIECE ON IT TOO, TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO KILLED THE DUDE!! ;D Like Bill, I KNOW who did it also, but they will never prove it, or who exactly it was! :D
CHECK IT OUT!! 8) Comanchero

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
? Jacko & Comanchero:? ?:D
I have a friend who lives just DOWN! the canyon from where they ARE digging!? ?:P
I just talked to him last night!
I could ask how the "Dig" is going? ????? if you're interested?
Comanchero:
I see nothing wrong!? With the Indians Protecting what IS! theirs!
My Relative was shown the Gold Vein by an Apache!
My Relative broke is word,? ?:-[? by telling his business partner about being shown the "GOLD"!
For that I AM ASHAMED!
I would like to find the body and rebury it in the old family plot!
I have a fairly good idea, from his letters, where this gold vein might be!
Note:
I? have a Full Blood Native American as a PARTNER!?
SO! Beware!
? :o There are Armed ... N.. A.., watching,?? :o? in the Mnts!?
NOTE #2:? ?:P
AND! If anyone thinks that all/part of the above is "BS",? ? ?>:(
I can prove EVERY SINGLE! WORD of it!

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
CptBill-- I'd like to know how it's going, I know it's costing some big bucks. I hope the govenment lets him keep some of it for his hard work, if he finds anything. I was told a treasure find has to stay in a vault for one year then the government has up to four years to decide on how much you get. Any one know about this??

Jacko

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Bill, I'll go ya one better! Not only am I part NAI, but my only daughter is married to a Full Blood NAI and living on the Rez with him and their two children (My grandkids!). ;D ;D ;D Comanchero

kaene

Greenie
Apr 22, 2005
I dont believe the dead man thing. I googled and googled and havent found a mention of it. If you can find something ...an article..anything pls post it.
The lost dutchman mines lures alot of people and this kind of thing would just lure more people. I dont believe it. Im going to submit it to snopes urban legends and see what they can dig up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions