"Challenge For Superstition Gold"

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Found this lead on a book through the wiki page for the Lost Dutchman:
[h=2]Travis E. Tumlinson's Manuscript[/h]
In July 2015, Ryan Gordon acquired the original manuscript written by Travis E. Tumlinson entitled, Challenge For Superstition Gold. The manuscript details Travis' discovery of the Stone Maps, his efforts to decode them and his journey through the Superstition Mountains with family and friends. The manuscript will be printed in multiple different languages and be ready in early 2016.
-------

Also found reference to Gordon, Tumlinson and the stones on this page where Gordon explains the history of his involvement:
https://www.desertusa.com/treasure/search/search-for-truth.html

---

My question is, what ever happened to this publicaiton? Sounds like it would have been an interesting read....

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RG originally offered to sell copies of the manuscript for $ 5,000.00 each.
With no takers, he then declared the entire manuscript as being nothing more than what Travis "wanted" his readers to believe, and said it wouldn't be published after all. Shortly after, he moved to Texas, where the Tumlinsons gave him the use of one of their houses and thereafter allowed him to be their spokesman. All that went on for over a year.......until there was some kind of falling out and .....

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
With no takers, he then declared the entire manuscript as being nothing more than what Travis "wanted" his readers to believe, and said it wouldn't be published after all. Shortly after, he moved to Texas, where the Tumlinsons gave him the use of one of their houses and thereafter allowed him to be their spokesman. All that went on for over a year.......until there was some kind of falling out and .....
actually you have no idea what went on in texas...all you know is what rg fed to you

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually you have no idea what went on in texas...all you know is what rg fed to you

OK dave.....we get it.
Ryan lied about living in Texas. He lied about the manuscript. And those who told me about the "falling out", lied as well. Not to mention Joe and the other members of the family I spoke with on the telephone.....including the one that RG doesn't know about.
Now, suppose YOU give us YOUR version.....since you are so tight with Ryan, that you are claiming to know what he and they all shared with me....or didn't.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
OK dave.....we get it.
Ryan lied about living in Texas. He lied about the manuscript. And those who told me about the "falling out", lied as well. Not to mention Joe and the other members of the family I spoke with on the telephone.....including the one that RG doesn't know about.
Now, suppose YOU give us YOUR version.....since you are so tight with Ryan, that you are claiming to know what he and they all shared with me....or didn't.
i bet you'd like to know what i know:laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Nah.....you keep it all in your safe space.
Wherever that is.
wayne....rg was promoting a tv show...you were told what he wanted you to know as a sales pitch...basically you were advertising for him....you don't really think he told you everything he found out do you?:icon_scratch:...

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

Appreciate the insight...was hoping that perhaps it was published independently and you just had to dig some to find it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every book written about the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, is a work of fiction - every one. I feel sorry for some of the men who have devoted so much of their lives searching for, and believing in this myth. Old Jacob spent a lot of his early days working in-and-for actual gold mines in Arizona. When you are a "highgrader," you need to cover your tracks..

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne....rg was promoting a tv show...you were told what he wanted you to know as a sales pitch...basically you were advertising for him....you don't really think he told you everything he found out do you?:icon_scratch:...

As a frequent critic of his claims.......especially his constant deletions of videos and entire threads (which he can longer do BTW).....please tell us all how you came to that conclusion ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every book written about the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, is a work of fiction - every one. I feel sorry for some of the men who have devoted so much of their lives searching for, and believing in this myth. Old Jacob spent a lot of his early days working in-and-for actual gold mines in Arizona. When you are a "highgrader," you need to cover your tracks..

Nice hat Terry !
Got no dog in the fight, but I'd be feeding him well if I did.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
As a frequent critic of his claims.......especially his constant deletions of videos and entire threads (which he can longer do BTW).....please tell us all how you came to that conclusion ?
sorry wayne but you will have to figure that out on your own...you and your pal deducer have been hammering everyone here for proof the doorstops are fake but you refuse to provide any proof they are real...if you could just provide one (1)..just one instance where those rocks have led to a treasure your words would carry alot more weight...otherwise you fit into the category of the hundreds of others before you that thought they had the rocks figured out and produced nothing...just sayin :dontknow:

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

Wasn't asking about the Lost Dutchman specifically, nor was the conversation about it's truthfulness. I was interested in a book about the Peralta Stones...

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a few copies floating around out there.

somehiker,

In 1964 while Clarence O. Mitchell (Travis Marlowe) was writing his book, Superstition Treasures, he copied Challenge For Superstition Gold the manuscript written by Travis Tumlinson.
Mitchell copied it from the papers of Daisy Tarrence.

You are correct, there are copies of Challenge For Superstition Gold floating around.

At a Dutch hunters rendezvous several years back RG made the claim he had the sole copyright to the Travis manuscript and anyone who tried to publish it or post it would be sued.
I told him that was nice, I had no interest in the manuscript other than having read it and asked him what he proposed to do about the copies that were in the public's hands from 40-50 years ago.

He said he would sue anyone who tried to publish or post it.
Not so sure it works that way but I had no interest in it so let him go on.
RG was trying his hardest to control the Travis Tumlinson story/narrative but had a definite problem in that the Tumlinson family was not the only people involved in the story.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good friend, a well known but controversial T-Hunter sent me a cd with a copy of the manuscript (it may have been the Terrence copy) shortly before he passed away. That was only a few days after I had shared a photo of mine with him during a visit while I was down there. That photo both shocked and dismayed him, and he asked me not to share that photo with anyone who I couldn't consider a trusted friend....or on-line. He also asked that I not share anything from that cd as well......with anyone else. I promised I wouldn't.
Later on, I also received another version.....with a few "alterations", obviously made by RG himself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread