Frying pan story

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found a frying pan in the ravine below the Pit Mine. But I’m sure it was from a later time.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found a frying pan in the ravine below the Pit Mine. But I’m sure it was from a later time.

Yea, would like to read the story behind the frying pan. Only so much I do else where right now. So back to reading back stories of the ldm. Need a change of pace.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! Good read but have a hard time saying the frying pan was shot up. Believe the handle was broke but you aren't putting holes in atleast a cast iron pan. I know I've broke one before. They crack up. Guess on to the next story. Tho it being there is believable. Just not how it's pervayed.

Howdy Doc,

To begin with, I for one don't believe that story. When Waltz was in his deathbed he confessed how he really acquired the mine.

If it were true, I don't believe it would be a cast iron pan. Most packed tin pans since they were lighter, and I doubt a tin pan would survive 130+ years, but I will check some day.

Homar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Doc,

To begin with, I for one don't believe that story. When Waltz was in his deathbed he confessed how he really acquired the mine.

If it were true, I don't believe it would be a cast iron pan. Most packed tin pans since they were lighter, and I doubt a tin pan would survive 130+ years, but I will check some day.

Homar

Hi Homar

I believe you know about what tunnel that was walled up, Waltz was talking about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread