wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...john wilburn was convinced the bulldog was the ldm...and quite a few people agree with him....as far as the wasp goes..it was rich but nothing like the ldm...i have specimens from the wasp....some guys leased it back in the 80's and pulled alot of gold out ...the rumor is about 3/4 million .. ...matter of fact it was wilburn that found the rich vein they worked on the wasp claim

Thanks for the info, I don’t feel that it was, too distinct of a peak to miss stake. Julia stayed right at the face of Superstition Mountain, look to your west and there it is. They went east from there!

Babymick1

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered a show years ago (I signed a contract)- fell thru when they told me that if I could not provide a "wow"
factor every week - they would = meaning they would throw a big diamond (or CZ) for me to find
or other treasure
also was told that I had no say - keep your mouth shut unless you are asked by director or producer
they are running the show - none of them even knew anything about detecting
I bowed out

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered a show years ago (I signed a contract)- fell thru when they told me that if I could not provide a "wow"
factor every week - they would = meaning they would throw a big diamond (or CZ) for me to find
or other treasure
also was told that I had no say - keep your mouth shut unless you are asked by director or producer
they are running the show - none of them even knew anything about detecting
I bowed out

I shouldnt have a problem with the wow factor. I found more caves than all the other dutchman stories combined. You are probably going to see some archaelogy also. Some of the entrances have been clayed off. The site is huge, and just walking up on the boulder that was hoisted up will make you tremble with excitment. In fact i got carried away and fell off the side two trails down right after that moment. Its hard not to keep your composer when you see it for the first time. Plus its the worlds richest goldmine, untouched by machinery.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also for those of you who have remained respectful towards me from the begining, i do plan to do something special for you all. Not exactly sure what yet, but i am contiplating a few ideas. Even for the ones who just remained silent, I could always see you on my thread. Just know being respectful towards me was really appreciated, and will not go un-rewarded.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they had actually found the ldm (or anything for that matter) they would have kept their mouths shut...anyone that gets on a public forum bragging about locating a treasure is only doing so to promote a tv show or book....

I caught arcana on their blog admitting they didnt find it, to a reply to a comment from one of their fans. Although they did say theirs might not be the dutchmans, it was still a historical find.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course the director/producer are in charge. Its basically their job description to make sure all aspects of filming go smoothly. When it comes to production, they are the professionals.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
No, you take the producer and director and kick them in The berries.
Then trash a motel. Stand on a couch on late nite talk show and jump up and down and yell you love Katie.

Damm you can have Tom Cruze play your part.

Good luck, stay safe and party on

babymick1

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the same old sensationalist claims as 9 months ago, absolutely nothing has changed. Soon, the renewed endorphin rush of arguing will wear off and this thread will go dark again...

Keep in mind, the claimant hasn't been to the "mine" in years and their own testimony was that they never even entered the mine, took no ore samples, and this is LITERALLY the only boots on the ground piece of evidence presented:

dutchmanmine.jpg

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locked. The rules state you may NOT threaten other members.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locked. The rules state you may NOT threaten other members.

If you break the rules and threaten people you will lose posting privileges.
Merry Christmas

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger Rantz has left the building and no longer post.

Matthewr

Jul 8, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Roger! I’m New to the site but love your threads. Have you made another expedition out there? I saw last winter or so you were attempting to get a team together. Im a former marine and longtime Dutch hunter. I see your in Virginia, I’m close right over the border in Md. was curious if you’d like talk about forming a team. I’m self funded as well. Shoot me and email if your interested in talking! [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread