New Treasure Hunting TV show

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge is a friend of mine and I can assure you that he is NO crook in any way. The producers were scripting the action so keep that in mind when finding fault, to assign it where it truly belongs.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Frank is also a friend of mine, and I think I can say also a friend of many people here. He is no crook by ANY definition. You might want to walk back that unwarranted insult.

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Frank is also a friend of mine, and I think I can say also a friend of many people here. He is no crook by ANY definition. You might want to walk back that unwarranted insult.

Mike
most of us local boys know and like frank....its pretty easy to bash a man from behind a computer screen,,,when your 2000 miles away

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So that's why so many on here were bashing chaggy?

Frank didn't come on here just to boast of a "connection" to a "well-known" production company, then disappear when asked to back up his grandiose claims.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I didnt think he was boasting... Pretty sure he was just trying to offer people and opportunity and got ridiculed... But I guess we are all entilted to our own opinions.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I didnt think he was boasting... Pretty sure he was just trying to offer people and opportunity and got ridiculed... But I guess we are all entilted to our own opinions.

No, he wasn't offering anything. He was seeking stories with the probable intent of exploiting. Even if he wasn't out to exploit, the production company absolutely was. Hollywood has a big bag of tricks when it comes to getting out of paying people their fair worth.

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, he wasn't offering anything. He was seeking stories with the probable intent of exploiting. Even if he wasn't out to exploit, the production company absolutely was. Hollywood has a big bag of tricks when it comes to getting out of paying people their fair worth.

So the federal law that protects a persons pitch to a production team is no good? Elaborate for me if you would... Why do you feel the way you do about IT?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Credibility of the History Channel has crashed.
Far from what it was , it's now made up entertainment.

Production companies are pitching appetizers to picky non-hungry networks.
Said companies bank/store lots of potential tidbits to offer.
Where do you fit into that?
What odds has any production company pitching you to the History channel given you to ever be on t.v.? And what degree of fact would be involved?

When truth don't matter to a certain network , how would being on camera claiming to have found the Dutchman mine do anything positive for you?

Bigfoot captured! Ummm, o.k..If History Channel says so.
https://www.grunge.com/145033/the-biggest-scandals-to-ever-hit-the-history-channel/

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
So the federal law that protects a persons pitch to a production team is no good? Elaborate for me if you would... Why do you feel the way you do about IT?
deducer knows the game very well...if you knew his background you would listen when he speaks about production companies

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what federal law?

The "blabbermouth" law. You know, the one that says anyone can post their fantasies on the internet.
Although real contracts have non disclosure clauses against that sort of thing.

Having said that, I would love to see a treasure hunting show feature a couple of these google earther "finders". Take them out to where they say "it" is, along with a real geologist or archaeologist, and film their big "reveal". Now, that would be a REALITY show worth watching !!

Last edited:

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "blabbermouth" law. You know, the one that says anyone can post their fantasies on the internet.
Although real contracts have non disclosure clauses against that sort of thing.

Having said that, I would love to see a treasure hunting show feature a couple of these google earther "finders". Take them out to where they say "it" is, along with a real geologist or archaeologist, and film their big "reveal". Now, that would be a REALITY show worth watching !!

Chaggy is a real archaelogist?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chaggy is a real archaelogist?

Perhaps Chagy will answer that question here. So far, he has only told us that he is a senior researcher for a production company which he hasn't yet been willing to name.....his choice. In other words, a front man. While he's at it, maybe he can also tell us more about the "contest" you claim to have won, which he hadn't mentioned in his previous posts.

Last edited:

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps Chagy will answer that question here. So far, he has only told us that he is a senior researcher for a production company which he hasn't yet been willing to name.....his choice. In other words, a front man. While he's at it, maybe he can also tell us more about the "contest" you claim to have won, which he hadn't mentioned in his previous posts.

If you had checked his profile, you would have Seen he claimed to be an archaelogist. I can tell you the "contest" is over...

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had checked his profile, you would have Seen he claimed to be an archaelogist. I can tell you the "contest" is over...

I did......and he doesn't say that at all.

"About Chagy

Personal Title:
Shipwreck Researcher

Researcher "

And he hasn't said the "contest" is over either.
Are you his spokesman ??

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"About Chagy

Personal Title:
Shipwreck Researcher

Researcher "

Are you his spokesman ??

Actually you are right, i must of concluded it from his signature about "preserving Maritime history"

Roger Rantz

Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"About Chagy

Personal Title:
Shipwreck Researcher

Researcher "

Are you his spokesman ??

And no spokesman, was told i won it though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread