Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi

I think this could be a good opportunity for someone here,

I have been a member here for about 15 years, I don’t post as much as I used to, but I often come to read your amazing stories. I have been doing shipwreck research for nearly 20 years and for the last 8 years I have been the Senior Researcher for one of the leading marine salvage company who has successfully found and recovered over $600 million dollars’ worth of treasure. Currently I also work as a consultant a multi-award-winning international Film and Television production company who works with broadcasters like the BBC, Discovery, CNN, Channel 4, Nat Geo, ITV, History, A&E, Syfy, TLC and ID.

Right now I am working with the production team of a new treasure hunting TV show that will air in one of the top-rated channels. We are in the process of finding 8 to 12 stories for 60-minute episodes. It is a reality show, so I am looking for people who are actively searching for a treasure, or people who have done research and have found evidence that can lead to finding a treasure. If you think your story would make a great episode, send me a PM

And of course, this opportunity is only for those who can and want to share their story.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got lots I look for in AZ myself with boots on the ground. My latest search online is for lost silver mine near Zuni NM. Not something Id share on tv though unless Ive already proved it out and not able to claim myself. Would love to see a new series though. Keep us updated when it will show when production is over. View attachment 1827251

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi

I think this could be a good opportunity for someone here,

I have been a member here for about 15 years, I don’t post as much as I used to, but I often come to read your amazing stories. I have been doing shipwreck research for nearly 20 years and for the last 8 years I have been the Senior Researcher for one of the leading marine salvage company who has successfully found and recovered over $600 million dollars’ worth of treasure. Currently I also work as a consultant a multi-award-winning international Film and Television production company who works with broadcasters like the BBC, Discovery, CNN, Channel 4, Nat Geo, ITV, History, A&E, Syfy, TLC and ID.

Right now I am working with the production team of a new treasure hunting TV show that will air in one of the top-rated channels. We are in the process of finding 8 to 12 stories for 60-minute episodes. It is a reality show, so I am looking for people who are actively searching for a treasure, or people who have done research and have found evidence that can lead to finding a treasure. If you think your story would make a great episode, send me a PM

And of course, this opportunity is only for those who can and want to share their story.

IMDB link?

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Will post more information regarding the TV show when I can..

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Will post more information regarding the TV show when I can..

Not talking about the TV show. I'm talking about the "multi-award-winning international Film and Television production company."

Please don't tell me they aren't on IMDB.

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not talking about the TV show. I'm talking about the "multi-award-winning international Film and Television production company."

Please don't tell me they aren't on IMDB.

Yes they are...

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they are...

And?

They shouldn't be too shy about revealing who they are- especially if you/they want to be taken seriously.

No need to play cloak and dagger with anything other than the project itself.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Why not, Dave? I believed you liked entertainment.
maruis..this forum is entertainment....reality shows are 99% b.s. and are run by parasites that are looking to rob you of your hard earned research ..then twist it into their own line of b.s. and on top of that pay you nothing for it...if you are wise you wont tell them anything

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
maruis..this forum is entertainment....reality shows are 99% b.s. and are run by parasites that are looking to rob you of your hard earned research ..then twist it into their own line of b.s. and on top of that pay you nothing for it...if you are wise you wont tell them anything

After seeing how some treasure stories badly churned out .....Sadly once upon a time documentaries had integrity but when producers start spouting " reality show" it Screams zero integrity. Perhaps an example on how low society has fallen these days in the name of entertainment.

Crow

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
After seeing how some treasure stories badly churned out .....Sadly once upon a time documentaries had integrity but when producers start spouting " reality show" it Screams zero integrity. Perhaps an example on how low society has fallen these days in the name of entertainment.

Crow

Zero integrity is the name of the game in hollywood. In fact, if you ever got successful enough, e.g., gained enough leverage to be paid a fair wage, or get a fair, respectful contract, industry insiders would say of you: "He's become an ass**** now." They just hate, hate to pay people what they're really worth.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Zero integrity is the name of the game in hollywood. In fact, if you ever got successful enough, e.g., gained enough leverage to be paid a fair wage, or get a fair, respectful contract, industry insiders would say of you: "He's become an ass**** now." They just hate, hate to pay people what they're really worth.

I just do not think it is compatible being a treasure hunter and a reality star. Its like a burglar filming himself breaking into a bank and not expecting to get caught. Your either one or another. Of course that might not sit well with the snap cat, tick tock, instar-gram twitter crowd who are obsessed in being attention whores? Treasure hunting will always be contentious why draw attention and crate unnecessary problems for oneself?

I will guarantee you if you find some thing some one some where will scream blue murder.......

Crow

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I just do not think it is compatible being a treasure hunter and a reality star. Its like a burglar filming himself breaking into a bank and not expecting to get caught. Your either one or another. Of course that might not sit well with the snap cat, tick tock, instar-gram twitter crowd who are obsessed in being attention whores? Treasure hunting will always be contentious why draw attention and crate unnecessary problems for oneself?

I will guarantee you if you find some thing some one some where will scream blue murder.......

Crow

Which is why they will never ever find anything on Oak Island. You have to congratulate them on being shrewd enough to make something out of nothing for 7 straight seasons.

Gotta take your hat off to those hucksters.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Which is why they will never ever find anything on Oak Island. You have to congratulate them on being shrewd enough to make something out of nothing for 7 straight seasons.

pretty much just legal con men

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

That is why a lot of production company's want a treasure story like oak island to milk as much as its worth. No one can deny what a good job the oak island crew has strung out over a muddy hole. 7 perhaps more years of employment over nothing? And to think they still have a highlights special and reunion special to flog.

I am surprised some thing similar has not been done with the Dutchman mine story and the Beale story?

Crow

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why a lot of production company's want a treasure story like oak island to milk as much as its worth. No one can deny what a good job the oak island crew has strung out over a muddy hole. 7 perhaps more years of employment over nothing? And to think they still have a highlights special and reunion special to flog.

I am surprised some thing similar has not been done with the Dutchman mine story and the Beale story?

Crow

They could have done the same thing with the Dutchman Story. As a matter of fact, that is how "Go Go Lucky" (production company) pitched "Legends of Superstition Mountain" to us. They changed up a couple of people at the last minute and made several story changes different from their pitch. They had available to them personal interviews with all the Old Timers that knew people like Herman Petrasch, Ed Piper, Celeste Marie Jones, etc etc etc. They could have made it about the hundreds of stories related to the Dutchman while searching for it, but they made a poor choice and opted for BS made up stories that they thought would keep people on the edges of their seats. Didn't happen.

Production companies make decisions like that because they don't fundamentally understand what excites people about treasure and lost mine stories.

Mike

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mike

It comes down their target market and sadly hardcore passionate treasure hunters are not their target market. They are very small select target audience.

My guess they want to do is use the reality format as cheaply as possible to flog the concept of what treasure hunting is believed to be to average Joe blow. A vegetative market with little concentration spans that are not into facts or into analyzing information.

Being a Reality show they would most likely drag up some unknown young 20 year man in the prime of life with a 6 pack body who happens to have his shirt off half the time. A tanned bikini model with beautiful wobblies who has archeology degree which is constantly in scenes with her boobs half hanging out running around exploring various locations in the Superstitions. Under the guidance of a silver bearded wise one researching the stories connected to the Dutchman story. And his faithful half wit of side kick that is the clown of show who is always getting himself into trouble along the way. In between a host of peoples claims and counter claims. They wander though various locations and adventures from episode to episode. Producers objectives are not researching the truth but flying the banner of so called entertainment. While keeping more viewers watching at all costs for generating advertising revenues.

And to keep them viewing each show ends in a breath stealing gasp in suspense to keep punters coming back from more...

Crow

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit watching some of the Australian shows and enjoying them. Opal hunters was a breath of fresh air so are the gold shows there were they detect for nuggets. They actually find stuff un like oak island themed shows.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the COOI had gotten genuine researchers to check out everything before filming they may have found some treasure on Oak Island. They went after every flimsy story about every treasure on Earth. If they had only concentrated on historical facts or at least sort through the stories and decided what was or could be legitimate then they may have recovered a treasure on Oak Island. I research, research and more research then I decide where and what to look for especially whether the story is fact or has a chance of being fact. It is like shooting a rifle and a shot gun. If you should a shot gun first, you are scattered all over the area, but a rifle shot only goes after the treasure. If nothing there move on to the next best story. But first and foremost is to do the research. That is the most important item of treasure hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread