Another "Sombrero"

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Sombreros" seem to be abundant in the Superstition Mountains. This one is located at GPS 33.500304, -111.399166, and is not the "sombrero" photographed by Arcana Exploration, the location of which has not yet been disclosed.

002.png

001.png

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Sombreros" seem to be abundant in the Superstition Mountains. This one is located at GPS 33.500304, -111.399166, and is not the "sombrero" photographed by Arcana Exploration, the location of which has not yet been disclosed.

View attachment 1847791

View attachment 1847792

In regards to the Ldm. It's not where they are looking.. They might find other stuff, but cross the Ldm off. Wouldn't waste time on them, unless your bored.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Battleship mountain. In the picture below I am looking right at it. To my left is Geronimo Head. The hike to the summit of Battleship is a popular one. A lot of people have been up there.

IMG_0854.JPG

OP
OP
skyhawk1251

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In regards to the Ldm. It's not where they are looking.. They might find other stuff, but cross the Ldm off. Wouldn't waste time on them, unless your bored.

I agree 100%. In my opinion, the location Arcana Exploration claims to be the LDM is not the LDM, although its team members might have found something of historical significance, or even the site of a lost mine or buried treasure. Also, unlike Arcana Exploration, I give no credence to the Peralta Stones. I haven't purchased any LDM books, nor will I buy any until I see an ore sample that matches the matchbox gold.

OP
OP
skyhawk1251

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Battleship mountain. In the picture below I am looking right at it. To my left is Geronimo Head. The hike to the summit of Battleship is a popular one. A lot of people have been up there.

View attachment 1847926

A nice photo of some spectacular scenery. Photos of more "sombreros" would be appreciated. Also, the location of Arcana Exploration's "sombrero," which is pictured on their website, if anyone has a guess.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I agree 100%. In my opinion, the location Arcana Exploration claims to be the LDM is not the LDM, although its team members might have found something of historical significance, or even the site of a lost mine or buried treasure. Also, unlike Arcana Exploration, I give no credence to the Peralta Stones. I haven't purchased any LDM books, nor will I buy any until I see an ore sample that matches the matchbox gold.
arcana or any other corporation has not found the ldm....like the thousands of other ldm seekers in the past they have just found some carvings (that were most likely put there in the 20th century by a crook) or an empty hole in the ground and are trying desperately to convince the world that it is the ldm ...if they had actually found anything they would have just filled their pockets with gold and shut their mouths....anyone that comes on a forum and begs for investors are crooks...i've been here most of my life and seen hundreds of them....they started out broke and are still dead flat broke or in prison:laughing7:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good pic. I would have photo-shopped out that hat, but...sometimes ya just gotta go for it. ;):notworthy::hello:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good pic. I would have photo-shopped out that hat, but...sometimes ya just gotta go for it. ;):notworthy::hello:

Jim,

Good to see you posting again.

The wind coming up from down the canyon was whipping at a pretty good clip so I had to jam my hat on pretty tight.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wouldn't dismiss the peralta stones.. the H/P is of the main mining complex.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim,

Good to see you posting again.

The wind coming up from down the canyon was whipping at a pretty good clip so I had to jam my hat on pretty tight.

Just joshin' you on the hat, I wear a straw hat too.

Battle Flat 1.jpg

Paul took this pic of me and Jack Elam up on Battle Flat. Well, not really Jack Elam, but I don't have permission to post pics of anyone else, so Jack Elam it is.

Sorry Skyhawk, you keep get pics of "Sombreros" but not the kind you're looking for ;)

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Just joshin' you on the hat, I wear a straw hat too.

Jim,
I've been off for a while. Now people are looking for Sombreros?

Yep. It was a local legend, first I can tell it was put into writing was Oren Arnold in the early1930's. Might have originated with the Howland's, but I haven't really tried too hard to find out. Later it became cemented as part of the LDM legend by the Profile Map, then Barry Storm got ahold of it, became part of the Peralta/Fish Map, etc. etc. etc.

Here's an article mentioning "La Mina Sombrera" in 1934, during the big LDM rush after the Adolph Ruth dust-up. I like it because it was printed on April Fool's Day ;)

Oren-Arnold-1934.jpg

Glad to hear from you, keep keepin the shiny side up!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It was a local legend, first I can tell it was put into writing was Oren Arnold in the early1930's. Might have originated with the Howland's, but I haven't really tried too hard to find out. Later it became cemented as part of the LDM legend by the Profile Map, then Barry Storm got ahold of it, became part of the Peralta/Fish Map, etc. etc. etc.

Here's an article mentioning "La Mina Sombrera" in 1934, during the big LDM rush after the Adolph Ruth dust-up. I like it because it was printed on April Fool's Day ;)

View attachment 1848580

Glad to hear from you, keep keepin the shiny side up!

i'm sure theres a lot of skulls out there!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sombrero with a heart on it?
Dave,
next time we go out there, I'll show you this area....it's kind of cool looking!

View attachment 1848767

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need a sombrero, I just follow the signs.....

s5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread