Peralta Fish Map.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey gang. It's been a while. We almost died up on the mountain last December. We got flooded in and it was freezing. In any case I see the forum is doing well and since it's the dog days of summer I thought I'd ask a few questions as I'm going over some things and planning my next foray into the Supes.

The Peralta Fish map is an interesting map and I can't take any copy online at face value because there are several different versions. I hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying a good evening. Now, the map. It's in poorly done Spanish because it's probably been copied several times and it was intentionally altered to obfuscate what the original map said. I can't even say that the map was from a Peralta but as I've always said on here and in talking with several of you guys on the phone that the oldest maps should be the most accurate.

Now the phrase:

Arrestac la caverna de oro
Escondido abiso
Yo casite en el a
Yo coive emi vez

Stop the cavern of gold
Hidden abyss or warning
Me (I) house "en el a" in the "A"
Me (I) coive (cohibe?) my time.

So given this what do any of think of this? Stop, the cavern of gold. Hidden abyss. My house in the A, I live my time.

fishmap.jpg

I do hope everyone is well. I never understood how the maps could be so misspelled unless it was intentional. Kind regards!

-Dusty

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang. It's been a while. We almost died up on the mountain last December. We got flooded in and it was freezing. In any case I see the forum is doing well and since it's the dog days of summer I thought I'd ask a few questions as I'm going over some things and planning my next foray into the Supes.

The Peralta Fish map is an interesting map and I can't take any copy online at face value because there are several different versions. I hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying a good evening. Now, the map. It's in poorly done Spanish because it's probably been copied several times and it was intentionally altered to obfuscate what the original map said. I can't even say that the map was from a Peralta but as I've always said on here and in talking with several of you guys on the phone that the oldest maps should be the most accurate.

Now the phrase:

Arrestac la caverna de oro
Escondido abiso
Yo casite en el a
Yo coive emi vez

Stop the cavern of gold
Hidden abyss or warning
Me (I) house "en el a" in the "A"
Me (I) coive (cohibe?) my time.

So given this what do any of think of this? Stop, the cavern of gold. Hidden abyss. My house in the A, I live my time.

View attachment 1857249

I do hope everyone is well. I never understood how the maps could be so misspelled unless it was intentional. Kind regards!

-Dusty

Hi Dusty

I'm glad you are well and staying cool. Now about the map you posted, is a bad reproduction of some words and symbols in comparison with the original, but in general keeps the concept of the map's purpose.

IMHO, from what I have seen in few Peralta's maps, they use as codes: mirrored images, Latin numbers for hidden angles and sometimes hidden meanings in words.
The Peralta-Fish map has as codes, hidden angles in words and Latin numbers and also has a diagram of how the angles should be used in the field in regards to a cardinal axis, here is the E to W axis.

Actually the words you tried to translate are: " La caverna del oro - escondido abiso - 50 cargas mulas ". The fifty mule loads is a code for fifty degrees angle, code which is used again with the five " X " depicted in the middle of the map beside the words " mina ". Also the word " Arrastra " was written separately of these words and represent the circle depicted in the map.
I will not stay to explain the whole map's meanings and how it should be read, for the obvious resons, but like I did in the past, i will give you an image of how this map works.

Here is a copy of the original map, on which I have modified the colour ( was more redish ) and the brightness, to be more clear and the words to be more readable. In the second map you can see the diagram of angles the author used in regards the E to W axis ( the blue lines ). The three " X " depicted above the word " arrastra " , represent the angle ( 30* SE ) of the words which follow the red lines in regards to the E-W axis. Like you can see in the second map are used three different angles for the words, which every angle to has its own meaning.
Enjoy and good luck in your research.

Peralta-Fish map.jpg Peralta-Fish map 2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Dusty

I'm glad you are well and staying cool. Now about the map you posted, is a bad reproduction of some words and symbols in comparison with the original, but in general keeps the concept of the map's purpose.

IMHO, from what I have seen in few Peralta's maps, they use as codes: mirrored images, Latin numbers for hidden angles and sometimes hidden meanings in words.
The Peralta-Fish map has as codes, hidden angles in words and Latin numbers and also has a diagram of how the angles should be used in the field in regards to a cardinal axis, here is the E to W axis.

Actually the words you tried to translate are: " La caverna del oro - escondido abiso - 50 cargas mulas ". The fifty mule loads is a code for fifty degrees angle, code which is used again with the five " X " depicted in the middle of the map beside the words " mina ". Also the word " Arrastra " was written separately of these words and represent the circle depicted in the map.
I will not stay to explain the whole map's meanings and how it should be read, for the obvious resons, but like I did in the past, i will give you an image of how this map works.

Here is a copy of the original map, on which I have modified the colour ( was more redish ) and the brightness, to be more clear and the words to be more readable. In the second map you can see the diagram of angles the author used in regards the E to W axis ( the blue lines ). The three " X " depicted above the word " arrastra " , represent the angle ( 30* SE ) of the words which follow the red lines in regards to the E-W axis. Like you can see in the second map are used three different angles for the words, which every angle to has its own meaning.
Enjoy and good luck in your research.

View attachment 1857407 View attachment 1857408

Outstanding as usual Mariusl. I believe Wayne and Frank believe I've lost my mind, but I do enjoy my search area. :) I think I'll play with your translation and appreciate you taking the time to post a clearer map. Lots of things to infer from these angles for sure. I rather enjoy the romance with the Lost Dutchman and will be hopefully going in again this year. Did I ever PM you my image of the search area? I am also so saddened to hear of yet another great passing. I never spoke or interacted with Joe but I sure have read almost every word he's ever written both here and on DUSA. We are losing our great stores of the old stories. It's heartbreaking. I hope his posts stand forever.

In any case if you want a picture of the target area I'll pm it to you. I've tried twice to make it and failed both times. Last year or the beginning of this year was the worst. We got in just fine to Music Canyon Spring from Bluff Mountain and then it started raining and it never quit. I had myself, my fiance, my 16 year old, my 14 year old, a 6 year old, and a 9 year old. I am quite certain that anyone lurking around or watching saw some things they didn't want to see. We were soaked and cold and they all wanted to quit. Especially the little ones. It was 38 degrees. The drainages were all flooded. We made it. Barely.

I digress, but I do like to relate our experiences in there. It isn't a cake walk. Thanks for being a great member of this forum Marius, and I'll try to stay more active. I enjoy reading everyones posts.

-Dusty

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sticking this here. He's 6 and ready to go again. He just made it for his school this morning. He's doing homeschool due to Covid. received_425276985116996.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread