Is it time to give up on all the clues and maps?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The peralta stones were carved by the same company that provided the oak island 90 foot fake stone.

With the lost Dutchman mine providence being exponentially more credible than anything ever associated with oak island, the mine was probably cleaned out over 100 years ago by folks who knew how to keep their mouth shut...

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, as RogerRantz said he found the mine, 100 percent positively, absolutely found it...

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask being a pseudo-troll here....of course I put boots on the ground, but not in the Sups, If the Spanish threw away platinum which I know messes up the gold separation process in smelting, shouldn't there be signs of some of the platinum slag (with other minerals) laying around in specific places or is it because there's not enough platinum in the process to be concerned? Could it be accidentally found by a metal detector????

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask being a pseudo-troll here....of course I put boots on the ground, but not in the Sups, If the Spanish threw away platinum which I know messes up the gold separation process in smelting, shouldn't there be signs of some of the platinum slag (with other minerals) laying around in specific places or is it because there's not enough platinum in the process to be concerned? Could it be accidentally found by a metal detector????

You bring up an interesting point Riverbum...I feel pretty confident IF it were native platinum it should be detectable with a metal detector...But IF it is in the form of sperrylite or some other platinum arsenide I do not believe it would set off a detector...I could be wrong...These are only my opinions...

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"As of July 20, 2020, gold was trading at $1,851 an ounce compared with $957.40 an ounce for platinum."
https://www.thebalance.com/platinum-versus-gold-808974
At a much higher cost of extraction and refining as well.

It is pretty common knowledge that the platinum metals occur together somehiker...IF this is the case...Have you seen the prices for palladium and rhodium???

I failed to mention that I personally believe that palladium is the future for fuel cells... https://www.google.com/search?q=how...i457j69i64.13062j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 ...But what do I know???The only thing that could keep it from being used in fuel cells is the high cost of the metal...

Ed T

Last edited:

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I asked was IF someone did locate some platinum in with other minerals .. with a slag appearance, wouldn't that be a clue to stop and look around a little closer maybe LDM lies nearby. And thats a BIG maybe..............

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It is pretty common knowledge that the platinum metals occur together somehiker...IF this is the case...Have you seen the prices for palladium and rhodium???

I failed to mention that I personally believe that palladium is the future for fuel cells... https://www.google.com/search?q=how...i457j69i64.13062j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 ...But what do I know???The only thing that could keep it from being used in fuel cells is the high cost of the metal...

Ed T
there is no platinum in the ldm..never has been..never will be...i have used an xrf analyzer on most of the known ore that came from waltz..zero platinum....you should get a little ring time in working with and refining platinum before you spout off....rarely and i mean RARELY do you find platinum big enough to see with the naked eye...most of it i ever assayed was not visible..it was locked up with other metals like iron...and the stuff i saw that was visible was no bigger than 20 mesh

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is no platinum in the ldm..never has been..never will be...i have used an xrf analyzer on most of the known ore that came from waltz..zero platinum....you should get a little ring time in working with and refining platinum before you spout off....rarely and i mean RARELY do you find platinum big enough to see with the naked eye...most of it i ever assayed was not visible..it was locked up with other metals like iron...and the stuff i saw that was visible was no bigger than 20 mesh

I never stated my ore was from the lost ldm Dave...lol...And I will still continue to claim my ore is little silver ore and it is visible with the naked eye...

I do not believe I am spouting off Dave...I am tooting my own horn...rofl

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the record...I am no expert when it comes to mineral identification...I am just going by what I have been told by some of those involved with the area I am talking about...The ore that I believe to be platinum bearing from the area depicted in the PSM's was assayed years ago...And it had over 600 lbs. of fe to the ton...Go figure...And I definitely did not have a platinum assay performed on said ore...I am just going by what a very close friend told me...He was informed by the person who was working said site that he was taking platinum from the area...Furthermore my source was shown circular discs that weighed 500 grams per disc and I was told the miner had 6 ot 7 discs...

So take it for what it is worth...I have only been to the area once...And that was so long ago...I only have around 10 lbs. of said ore remaining in my possession...I have a pretty good memory in regards to the area in question...I too am convinced that the area in question is the area depicted in the PSM's...I could prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt IF I really needed to...But nobody has stepped up with the ante to compel me to do such a thing...My life is more valuable to me than any amount of cash and that is why I have placed such a high ante on such a trip...The last time I went there was a pretty scary trip...I am in no rush to make such a trip again...

Anyhow...I gave away over 80 lbs. of said ore Dave...Who knows???Maybe you have done some scans on the same ore that I gave away...I am not going to be giving away any of said ore anytime soon...I am holding onto it just in case someone decides to pay my price...In which case I will present them with a peace offering of the ore in my possession...

Who can put a price on ore from an ancient Spanish platinum bearing mining area???Too me the ore is priceless...

Ed T

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost Dutchman Mine overlay.jpg

Photo taken in 2015

Now look who's there

Lost Dutchman Mining Operations 2020.jpg

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
How about you go to the site and take some actual pictures. Then explain why you think it is the Dutchmans mine.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it nobody wants to respond to the prices of Palladium and Rhodium in comparison to gold...Oh well...

And for the record...I wouldn't know what to do with a Platinum deposit anyhow...lol...It is there for the taking for anyone who can find it...rofl...And IF you are alive after you find it you are a most fortunate prospector...It is in an area where few dare to tread...Heck...I doubt I'll ever return to the area myself...lmao

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I take it nobody wants to respond to the prices of Palladium and Rhodium in comparison to gold...Oh well...

And for the record...I wouldn't know what to do with a Platinum deposit anyhow...lol...It is there for the taking for anyone who can find it...rofl...And IF you are alive after you find it you are a most fortunate prospector...It is in an area where few dare to tread...Heck...I doubt I'll ever return to the area myself...lmao

Ed T
its not that we don't think palladium and rhodium aren't worth looking for....but by the time you figure the cost of recovering the platinum group metals from ore you wont come out ahead...gold is about the only precious metal a small miner has a chance of recovering

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1876415

Photo taken in 2015

Now look who's there

View attachment 1876416

Quote Originally Posted by Mc4500 View Post
"How about you go to the site and take some actual pictures."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackline
this is not necessary. A little research is enough."
Good find !!

https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=345579
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=691617

A couple more....
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=796807 2018 photo.
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=345585

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
See that’s what I mean. People claim things then they get busted.
I gave Doc a clear chance to claim I’m full to the eyebrows but still an’t accepted the challenge.

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
See that’s what I mean. People claim things then they get busted.
I gave Doc a clear chance to claim I’m full to the eyebrows but still an’t accepted the challenge.

Babymick1
mick..i think everyone grows weary of screwing with you...its not fun anymore

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mick..i think everyone grows weary of screwing with you...its not fun anymore

Not worth my time.. planning my trip. Could care less about lil babymic. Gave him knowledge his h/p map solve is wrong . I'm here for valid info, not the crap he spouts off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions