Is it time to give up on all the clues and maps?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick..i think everyone grows weary of screwing with you...its not fun anymore

Its a straight up offer by me, as all others have been. But you can’t change the rules. If he thinks I’m full to the eye balls, that’s cool. Otherwise he’s got to post the opposite. Simple Rules.

Babymick1

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
Quote Originally Posted by Mc4500 View Post
"How about you go to the site and take some actual pictures."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackline
this is not necessary. A little research is enough."
Good find !!

https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=345579
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=691617

A couple more....
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=796807 2018 photo.
https://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=345585

Cool pictures.

But again why do you think this is the Dutchmans mine?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pictures.

But again why do you think this is the Dutchmans mine?

Obviously....it's not the LDM .
But Eldo's interpretations of what he "sees" on Google Earth, compared to what is actually there, is a good example of what such a "reality check" can reveal.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres one map floating around that is spot on. Ya just have to figure out which one. Bye

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Says the guy with the $3 camera. Now thats funny …..i dont care who ya are.. bye again.

I don’t even have a $3 camera…

As IF all of those silly maps lead anywhere…Been there done that…lol

Ed T

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t even have a $3 camera…

As IF all of those silly maps lead anywhere…Been there done that…lol

Ed T

Wait till they go on sale Ed.
Hell, I spent 180 bucks on a "scientific" pocket calculator back in '74......about $5 now.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Hell, I spent 180 bucks on a "scientific" pocket calculator back in '74......about $5 now.

And apps on phones, free swag at trade shows, compensation for filling out a department store credit card application, etc...

And 20 years ago a decent computer was $2K. Now a better one is a third that cost. And yet all my grocery stores are out of chicken. Go figure...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And apps on phones, free swag at trade shows, compensation for filling out a department store credit card application, etc...

And 20 years ago a decent computer was $2K. Now a better one is a third that cost. And yet all my grocery stores are out of chicken. Go figure...

Back in the 80’s I worked for a company named “Opinion Relay Service”…I was told their computer system cost them $10,000 and it could not do as much as a modern day $500 computer…

I do have a camera…I just choose not to use it…hehehe

Ed T

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Back in the 80’s I worked for a company named “Opinion Relay Service”…I was told their computer system cost them $10,000 and it could not do as much as a modern day $500 computer…

When I was in college the computer center had to rent the software from Xerox, and part of the deal was that Xerox actually had staff on hand to write code as needed. All campus computers that weren't located in the same building as the computer center had to connect with an old style modem and the only treasure hunting you could do on your computer was one of those text based adventure games. Now I can't imagine any kind of serious treasure hunting taking place without a computer playing an integral role in several aspects of it. Rush Limbaugh was right when he said that your smart phone was really a computer with a phone app.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in college the computer center had to rent the software from Xerox, and part of the deal was that Xerox actually had staff on hand to write code as needed. All campus computers that weren't located in the same building as the computer center had to connect with an old style modem and the only treasure hunting you could do on your computer was one of those text based adventure games. Now I can't imagine any kind of serious treasure hunting taking place without a computer playing an integral role in several aspects of it. Rush Limbaugh was right when he said that your smart phone was really a computer with a phone app.

I remember, when I was in high school, I was introduced to computing on a Tandy…I remember playing “The Oregon Trail” on a cassette drive at that time…I remember it was as slow as molasses and we had to change cassettes all of the time…lol

Ed T

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
yep..old rush hit the nail right on the head....but even worse...they are an electronic bug that hears everything you say:icon_scratch:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep..old rush hit the nail right on the head....but even worse...they are an electronic bug that hears everything you say:icon_scratch:

This is valid with the cell phones and wireless phones too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions