Do you think the Silver Chief Mine is where Jacob Waltz got his gold?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
the only clue that came from dick holmes is the standing man rock...according to him that came from waltz....any other clues floating around should be disregarded ...most of the other clues were made up and sold for a drink at the bar

Interested what is the gun site Clue and who said it first

Babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch.....the problem with those clues is that they fit alot of places in the supers....matter of fact they fit the silver chief mine....the gunsight clue...the cave with a house clue....people have been following those clues for decades and they all found an area they fit....but none of them has ever found a mine...except one

Except one, Is that the one North that the BLM covered up.

babymick1

Grandma Kochera

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
true matthew..you have to have confidence in the people you are dealing with...when i did those tests i was dealing with ron and clay..and i trust both ..even though they have different views on where the ldm is...ron thinks he has it..clay thinks he knows where it is...and i believe both of them are telling the truth....i'm totally convinced neither one of them would have tried to manipulate the tests or samples .. ..but in my opinion i think ron has found it....you kinda had to be there when i did the tests...you might be swayed ....

How many Samples did you test? Is it true that only the 3 samples..The Matchbox, Kochera's, and the Silver Chief tested positive for Mercury? (I believe that is what Ron said). I liked Ron Feldman's explanation of thinking The Silver Chief may be the Lost Dutchman..Makes as much sense as anyone else has offered for possibilities. Just giving my opinion though. Thought it was an interesting show.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...the forest service and blm came through the entire area a few years back and covered the mines they knew about

They didn’t do a good job of it. I know were there is plenty more.
I guess I was referring to the gold ore I think Mathew or Davis posted saying they believe it was the Dutchman’s Mine.
Maybe test that ore against what you believe is Dutchman’s ore.

I’m in Dr. Glover’s Camp So you know were I stand on that.

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
How many Samples did you test? Is it true that only the 3 samples..The Matchbox, Kochera's, and the Silver Chief tested positive for Mercury? (I believe that is what Ron said). I liked Ron Feldman's explanation of thinking The Silver Chief may be the Lost Dutchman..Makes as much sense as anyone else has offered for possibilities. Just giving my opinion though. Thought it was an interesting show.
matthew....i think you are confused....when i did the xrf testing it was not for a tv show...it was before the show ....the results are in rons book....i dont watch those silly reality shows ...

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matthew....i think you are confused....when i did the xrf testing it was not for a tv show...it was before the show ....the results are in rons book....i dont watch those silly reality shows ...

Dave,

I was talking about the testing T. Glover did and the xrf test Ron talks about where his ore detects mercury. If that wasn't your test, Ron did another test with xrf. Evidently, according to Ron, the mercury is the deciding factor of the Dutchman ore and Silver Chief ore. Mercury however is not singular to Ron's Silver Chief mine, there are many other Superstition mines containing mercury (cinnabar). The gold samples shown here contain cinnabar and have been tested twice in comparison to known dutchman ore, the matchbox and a single jewelry grade sample. Glover did the one test, the other was privately done. Also shown is a sample piece of mercury taken from the mine some believe may have been the Dutchman.
FB_IMG_1608074967205.jpg
FB_IMG_1608074991774.jpg

Grandma Kochera

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow. That wasn't the reply I expected. You post my question but respond to Mathew?? The only reason I asked any questions was because I heard Ron mention our last name on that "silly reality shows ..." and had some others ask about it since it is not a common last name. I guess I just shouldn't ask anything or even try to interact on this forum....My Bad...
Grandma K

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. That wasn't the reply I expected. You post my question but respond to Mathew?? The only reason I asked any questions was because I heard Ron mention our last name on that "silly reality shows ..." and had some others ask about it since it is not a common last name. I guess I just shouldn't ask anything or even try to interact on this forum....My Bad...
Grandma K

Perhaps your one and the same, Mathew

babymick1

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Grandma K

He probably just clicked on the wrong response button. Dave may be a bit ornery sometimes but I've never seen him go out of his way to insult someone.

Grandma Kochera

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
He probably just clicked on the wrong response button. Dave may be a bit ornery sometimes but I've never seen him go out of his way to insult someone.

I truly hope that's what happened..I may have just took it the wrong way too.. not enough coffee when I responded..sorry

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave was responding to a post I made back on page 2. Not sure what happened with the GrandmaK reference.

I post very little anymore because no thread seems to be able to stay on topic for more than one or two posts.

Matthew

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave was responding to a post I made back on page 2. Not sure what happened with the GrandmaK reference.

I post very little anymore because no thread seems to be able to stay on topic for more than one or two posts.

Matthew
matthew..i dont post here much either anymore....the xrf tests i did was for a book ron was working on...and in my opinion it was a very good book...i did not do the tests for that tv show....and i dont put much stock in anything people say on there because most of the truth gets edited out...if you want to know how the tests i did turned out read ron's book...he has all the graphs and data in it..i cant tell you anymore than what is in the book....and it looks like i responded to the wrong person...thats what happens when you get old and half senile ....trying to respond to multiple posts at the same sitting scrambles the brain i guess:dontknow:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t say what the landmark looks like when up close, only looking beyond the point of a low ridge.
If the cowboy knocked over a man sized formation, wouldn’t have been the one from the clue, most likely.
But who knows. :dontknow:

Howdy Idahodutch,

You show what many lack around here which is a little common sense, and seem to have a better grasp of the story. According to Holmes, when Waltz was talking about the rock that looks like a man, Waltz said "I rode over to it and with my pick carved the eyes, nose, and mouth on it." That would have to be a very big face if he used his pick. No way a cowboy could knock it down.

You are correct that the Dutchman clues keep the Silver Chief out of the picture. In fact none of the revealing clues fit the Silver Chief. The so called "gunsight" clue was started by David Leach, not the Dutchman, and even that made up clue does not fit the Silver Chief. Then the cave with a house clue is not a LDM clue. It came from the Gonzalez map. The LDM was never a pit mine with a tunnel below, and it was never a silver mine. The rays of the setting sun would shine on the gold, and there was enough gold in sight to make millionaires out of twenty men. That sure doesn't sound like the Silver Chief. The ore that was tested was not from the Silver Chief either, it was Kochera ore that Feldman had bought, and claims it came from the Silver Chief. That Kochera ore was not found anywhere near the Silver Chief.

Homar

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy Idahodutch,

You show what many lack around here which is a little common sense, and seem to have a better grasp of the story. According to Holmes, when Waltz was talking about the rock that looks like a man, Waltz said "I rode over to it and with my pick carved the eyes, nose, and mouth on it." That would have to be a very big face if he used his pick. No way a cowboy could knock it down.

You are correct that the Dutchman clues keep the Silver Chief out of the picture. In fact none of the revealing clues fit the Silver Chief. The so called "gunsight" clue was started by David Leach, not the Dutchman, and even that made up clue does not fit the Silver Chief. Then the cave with a house clue is not a LDM clue. It came from the Gonzalez map. The LDM was never a pit mine with a tunnel below, and it was never a silver mine. The rays of the setting sun would shine on the gold, and there was enough gold in sight to make millionaires out of twenty men. That sure doesn't sound like the Silver Chief. The ore that was tested was not from the Silver Chief either, it was Kochera ore that Feldman had bought, and claims it came from the Silver Chief. That Kochera ore was not found anywhere near the Silver Chief.

Homar
"Waltz said "I rode over to it and with my pick carved the eyes, nose, and mouth on it."
homar..where on earth did you get that ?...

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,

Homar

Who the hell is David Leach and what is the full clue behind the gunsight.
Now I found the pitmine with the tunnel below it with one room in the back.
You say Gonzalez map I’ve never seen it. But I’ll write that off as a Dutchman’s Clue.

Take Care. Babymick1

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Waltz said "I rode over to it and with my pick carved the eyes, nose, and mouth on it."
homar..where on earth did you get that ?...

I wrote "according to Holmes", it's found in the Holmes Manuscript. It is part of Waltz's deathbed confession.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who the hell is David Leach and what is the full clue behind the gunsight.
Now I found the pitmine with the tunnel below it with one room in the back.
You say Gonzalez map I’ve never seen it. But I’ll write that off as a Dutchman’s Clue.

Take Care. Babymick1

Babe,

The gunsight clue is what David Leach called Waltz's doodle, or map. It was Mr. Leach's reasoning that what Waltz drew, was what could be seen from his mine. He took the pictures from the "Pit Mine" to show that they compared to Waltz's doodle. Even if he guessed it right, it does not fit the "Pit Mine" because the high side of Weaver's Needle is on the wrong side in his picture.

Oh, the Gonzalez map is the "Perfil Mapa" given to Adolph Ruth. It shows a "caverna con casa" which is a cave with a house. Many keep trying to make that map a LDM map, but it is not.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Babe,

The gunsight clue is what David Leach called Waltz's doodle, or map. It was Mr. Leach's reasoning that what Waltz drew, was what could be seen from his mine. He took the pictures from the "Pit Mine" to show that they compared to Waltz's doodle. Even if he guessed it right, it does not fit the "Pit Mine" because the high side of Weaver's Needle is on the wrong side in his picture.

Oh, the Gonzalez map is the "Perfil Mapa" given to Adolph Ruth. It shows a "caverna con casa" which is a cave with a house. Many keep trying to make that map a LDM map, but it is not.

Coazon

It could be a LDM map. The tunnel with a room in the back was mentioned in a news paper in 1895 or so. Surely predates 1931.

babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread