1.3 MB · Views: 235

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening: This is a copy from Crazy Jakes Manuscript of his copy of the so called "J. W. Cowhide Map or Waltz J.W. Cowhide Map." The diagram was carved into a piece of Cowhide and showed directions to somewhere. The pedigree of the origin of this map, as best as I have it, is Ed Best, Miller, Richard Peck, Crazy Jake, but it's derived just from "rumor control." Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Greg. Is there anyway I could buy a copy of Crazy Jake's Manuscript?

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Nobodie: The museum does not sell copies of Crazy Jakes Manuscript. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
«nobodie,
ask Cubfan64 if he can do something he as a copy, or Matthew if he as time to make you a copy.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
«nobodie,
ask Cubfan64 if he can do something he as a copy, or Matthew if he as time to make you a copy.

I know I have a copy and can certainly make another one - I'm actually at work right now but can check tonight - if my memory is correct, I think there may be 2 Crazy Jake manuscripts but I don't recall exactly. Ill post what I have tonight or if you get ahold of me nobodie via PM I can send you a copy of what I have.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I have a copy and can certainly make another one - I'm actually at work right now but can check tonight - if my memory is correct, I think there may be 2 Crazy Jake manuscripts but I don't recall exactly. Ill post what I have tonight or if you get ahold of me nobodie via PM I can send you a copy of what I have.

Hi Paul,

You are correct, Jake had two manuscripts. The first was a short one he wrote not long after he came to Arizona that is a surprisingly good manuscript. Jake wrote this one before he became involved with his schemes to bilk people out of thousands of dollars.

Jake's second manuscript is a long 600 page disaster he wrote while in prison. It is 600 pages of rambling fantasy Jake wrote to keep himself from getting bored while doing time. I have both manuscripts, the first one is worth the read. The second is not worth the time it takes to read it.

Matthew

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Paul,

You are correct, Jake had two manuscripts. The first was a short one he wrote not long after he came to Arizona that is a surprisingly good manuscript. Jake wrote this one before he became involved with his schemes to bilk people out of thousands of dollars.

Jake's second manuscript is a long 600 page disaster he wrote while in prison. It is 600 pages of rambling fantasy Jake wrote to keep himself from getting bored while doing time. I have both manuscripts, the first one is worth the read. The second is not worth the time it takes to read it.

Matthew

Yup - you refreshed my memory thanks. I have both manuscripts and I had a memory that one of them was pretty useless.

I can either scan the shorter one and send it via e-mail as a .pdf or I can photocopy mine and ship it via snail mail if anyone wants the short one. The longer one (and I do remember I had to put it in 2 oversized three ring binders to hold it all) isn't worth my time to get a copy made or worth anyone else's time to read it.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you send him a copy of Jake's Manuscript be sure the picture of the map shown in this post is included in the copy. I believe he will want that map. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you send him a copy of Jake's Manuscript be sure the picture of the map shown in this post is included in the copy. I believe he will want that map. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Will do Greg - I'll see if I can dig up a better copy of that map - thanks

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64 I am basically computer illiterate. I don't know how to pm.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't the map above just a copy/tracing of the "Rawhide Map"? With some embellishments? I may be wrong, but I believe that map and some copies that were floating around out on the west coast can be traced back to the Harnish Bros. and Bill Hidden...kinda like a certain black slate heart with some Latin inscriptions...Maps aren't my thing, so Nobodie, don't take my word for it...just seems to me that you may want to know where that "J W Map" may have originated, or that similar maps exist...my apologies for speaking up if you already knew this.

EDIT: And now I see that Greg has already alluded to this above...I swear, the older I get, the dumber I get, if getting dumber is even possible for me.

Last edited:

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64 I am basically computer illiterate. I don't know how to pm.

Put your cursor on Cubfan64's name in his post, then left click on his name.. A small window will appear and you will see 4 things to choose from. the send private message is the second one down.. just left click on it and there you go..

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber, thank you for your help . I have someone who said that they would help me. I will try it your way first and see what happens. I'm also a one finger typer.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64, I think I sent you a pm, I think, maybe, possibly, if I did it right.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clubfan64, I think that I sent you a pm. I think, maybe, possibly, if I did it right.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did - I responded just now. If it's easier to communicate by e-mail, just send me another private message with your e-mail address and I'll get ahold of you that way. Up to you

Cubfan64, I think I sent you a pm, I think, maybe, possibly, if I did it right.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the map above just a copy/tracing of the "Rawhide Map"? With some embellishments? I may be wrong, but I believe that map and some copies that were floating around out on the west coast can be traced back to the Harnish Bros. and Bill Hidden...kinda like a certain black slate heart with some Latin inscriptions...Maps aren't my thing, so Nobodie, don't take my word for it...just seems to me that you may want to know where that "J W Map" may have originated, or that similar maps exist...my apologies for speaking up if you already knew this.

EDIT: And now I see that Greg has already alluded to this above...I swear, the older I get, the dumber I get, if getting dumber is even possible for me.

This is what the "JW Map" looks like in Jake's manuscript...

jw map.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread