Clay Worst search area

ApacheGold

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
Tempe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All,

I’ve been watching some videos on YouTube about the mine and saw some with Clay Worst. Out of curiosity does he believe the mine is located in the western portion of the Supes? I know so many have directed their attention to the eastern part. Clay seems to keep his thought on the area of the mine to a small group of people like so many. I was just wondering where he thinks it might be located (general area) if anyone knows. Anyways thinking about hiking out to Lost Dutch canyon and Goat Canyon this weekend anyone know of anything out that direction that would cool to check out?

Thanks
Matt

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good friend Clay Worst in the Superstition Mountains on a trip we took several years back searching for the Lost Dutchman goldmine. I took this photo of Clay on a high point of Peters Mesa with a famous landmark, Miners Needle, on the far horizon to the south. We camped in the area for several days and searched the surrounding mountains, canyons, washes and cliffs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614103309171.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614103309171.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 394

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Roberts.. thanks for the picture. very cool memory I am sure...

Apache... find your own search area..don't move in on decades of somebody else's work.. just saying....

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

Apache... find your own search area..don't move in on decades of somebody else's work.. just saying....
clay never says where his area of interest is...and i've never asked him..i guess if he wanted me to know he'd tell me:laughing7:

OP
OP
A

ApacheGold

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
Tempe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My good friend Clay Worst in the Superstition Mountains on a trip we took several years back searching for the Lost Dutchman goldmine. I took this photo of Clay on a high point of Peters Mesa with a famous landmark, Miners Needle, on the far horizon to the south. We camped in the area for several days and searched the surrounding mountains, canyons, washes and cliffs.

Matthew,

Very cool picture everytime I see pictures like this reminds me just how vast that wilderness is.
Thanks for posting.

Matt

OP
OP
A

ApacheGold

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
Tempe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Dredgernaut,

I understand where you’re coming from many a men and women have put in countless hours searching and who am I to come along and ask where they think it is. I guess I was more asking if he had changed from searching the western portion of the wilderness to the eastern part seems like so many have done so. It was a harmless question I wasnt asking for specifics like what ravine he may think it resides. I’ve never actively searched for the mine but have enjoyed reading many books on the subject since I was young. I do hike the trails up there and will continue to do so because I love that country.

Matt

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not met Mr. Worst, but from what I've saw of him on The Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains on youtube, I both like and respect him..

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apache.. sorry if i sounded rough. not my intention.. however the point remains the same..

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I've not met Mr. Worst, but from what I've saw of him on The Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains on youtube, I both like and respect him..
your thoughts on clay are right on...he is one of the few in the dutch hunting community that can be trusted...a true gentleman...he is getting up there in age and he doesn't get out anymore but he still likes to talk about the ldm and the mountains...he has been here since the late 40's and is a wealth of information

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dredgernaut,

I understand where you’re coming from many a men and women have put in countless hours searching and who am I to come along and ask where they think it is. I guess I was more asking if he had changed from searching the western portion of the wilderness to the eastern part seems like so many have done so. It was a harmless question I wasnt asking for specifics like what ravine he may think it resides. I’ve never actively searched for the mine but have enjoyed reading many books on the subject since I was young. I do hike the trails up there and will continue to do so because I love that country.

Matt
matt...no harm in your asking where a man is searching...i'll tell you this much...he does not believe the ldm is on the east side....

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB_IMG_1614127387831.jpg

I have many photos of Clay taken back in the Superstitions in camps and areas we were searching at the time. Many days and especially nights spent over a campfire talking about the old days, old timers and theories on where the mine and caches might be hidden. Those were good times, great memories and for me that was the real gold in those mountains.

This is Clays favorite photo and one of mine also. I took it near a siwash camp Clay and I had with Tortilla Mountain in the background. Clay would sometimes pack his mule Little Bit backinto the mountains. Clay was not only a fine hiker and all around mountain man, he was an expert packer also.

OP
OP
A

ApacheGold

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
Tempe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
matt...no harm in your asking where a man is searching...i'll tell you this much...he does not believe the ldm is on the east side....

AZDave35,

Thank you for the response whether it’s on the east or west side that’s a lot of ground to cover to find it.

Matt

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your thoughts on clay are right on...he is one of the few in the dutch hunting community that can be trusted...a true gentleman...he is getting up there in age and he doesn't get out anymore but he still likes to talk about the ldm and the mountains...he has been here since the late 40's and is a wealth of information

Oh it comes through on the video's that he is a good guy, and that he knows what he is talking about.. I'd love to meet him one of these days, just to listen to the stories he could tell..

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish Clay and Matthew Roberts would write a book based on their experiences. That would be a treasure all by its self.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay is really a nice stand up guy. He goes out of his way to avoid saying anything bad about anyone and doesn't involve himself in gossip or other such things. He's just one of the classiest people I've ever met. He's getting up there in years, but he still exudes enthusiasm when talking about the Superstitions and searching for the LDM - he's still like a teenager in an elderly man's body.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And happy to share his late night "sippin whiskey" or morning coffee pot as well.

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I’ve been watching some videos on YouTube about the mine and saw some with Clay Worst. Out of curiosity does he believe the mine is located in the western portion of the Supes? I know so many have directed their attention to the eastern part. Clay seems to keep his thought on the area of the mine to a small group of people like so many. I was just wondering where he thinks it might be located (general area) if anyone knows. Anyways thinking about hiking out to Lost Dutch canyon and Goat Canyon this weekend anyone know of anything out that direction that would cool to check out?

Thanks
Matt

Ramiro

Asking people where they can find the treasure, sounds like a ridiculous laughing matter! But I applaud you for saying that because that is the smartest thing to say! Some have to much pride in saying that and it doesn’t mean that you’ll get the right answer, but you never know until you ask? So I will answer your questions to prove that point, soon in a day or so.

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramiro

Asking people where they can find the treasure, sounds like a ridiculous laughing matter! But I applaud you for saying that because that is the smartest thing to say! Some have to much pride in saying that and it doesn’t mean that you’ll get the right answer, but you never know until you ask? So I will answer your questions to prove that point, soon in a day or so.

This informational story goes out to Clay Worst first and Apachegold for asking because I’m done with my research on the LDM and moving on to another treasure. Good luck on the venture!!

A descendant, nephew, of Jacob Weiser discovered a lost journal in which Weiser states that Carlos Peralta’s family found a decipher stone map at the bottom of the superstitious mountains which they transcribed into a journal. He used this map and knowledge of the whereabouts of the lost mine to strike a partnership deal. Beale by default is probably the creator of the stone to include that the stones carry information pertaining to Virginia. The southern Chiricahua Indians used to approach the mine from the east at the high point of the canyon. From there you could spot the changing face of the canyon which the sun changes throughout the day. The face has to large circular shaded areas that look like two eyes and a triangular looking nose. The facial clue was located at the top of the decipher map that Waltz gave Julia Roberts. The mine is so hidden that even if you find this place you might miss it if you don’t follow the clues. Waltz bought a property on the north side of the salt river near a crossing that Beale used to bring down the gold to Virginia. His property was located in the same exact location as described on the decipher map and from there according to the map he was suppose to go north. The only thing that was north of him was the rock horse canyon image found on the map. The rock horse canyon consists of a horse’s neck and head made out of many large broken rocks. Waltz would sneak out towards the mine which laid to the northeast without no one knowing. He would hide his gold in his farm and in the superstitious mountains so nobody would find his secret mine. From there he could go to Phoenix through the mountains to sell gold or go south towards New Mexico to include east or northeast. What a guy!!!!! From the top of the mine you could see the needle towards the southwest and the four points that became one to include part of the military trail. Everything Waltz said was true he would go north and jumped two Indian trails until he got the one that lead to the rock horse canyon. Three mile before the canyon the trail would bend passing through a cow farm which is still there with no cows!! About three quarters of a mile before the canyon the trail would split in two taking the left hand trail leading into an Indian outlook post which was located below the top portion of a small ridge mountain saddle. This place is located in the Sierra mountains and not in the superstitious mountains. Directly to the west above the Indian lookout in the highest Sierra ridge, there used to be a fort. The only thing there now is some structure stones and all the trails plus their lookouts. The Indian lookout sits on a small cliff which has rocks on both sides and in the center is a circular turnabout with another pile of rocks in the center. Waltz call this Indian ruins and in the very front still lies the old cottonwood stand. This stand is just like a deer stand where he would stay for a day to spy on the mine because no one could see him. The next day he would go down the hill towards the southeast curving towards the north passing over the gravel bar right by Tewksbury spring to make sure no one was camping near by. He then proceeded towards the armor coral spring located west of the three red hills which are not very red anymore. He spent most of the day at the spring spying in all directions to make sure no one was coming. At night fall he would take the old Indian trail that leads to the top of the canyon . He would then spy on the canyon and rat hole from across the canyon opposite of the mine to make sure nobody was around. The mine sits in a crevice on the northwest canyon wall unable to be seen from above or below. You must locate the entrance to the top ledge and work your way around an extension where you could look up and see it. Waltz was not lying about the clues he mentioned and the rest is history! This is the area that you can claim as your own since you don’t have one. I could sow you the satellite images, but that would spoil the hunt and the excitement.

The same applies to treasure hunter John Cruise Wilkins who’s been looking for Oliver Levasseur’s treasure in a place that he will never find it even if he has his heart set on it. I can give him the location of the treasure if he asks for it!! For free !!!! No finders fee unless he decides to give me some? An offer no treasure hunter should refuse, so can some please, if you know John let him know that the offer is on the table and waiting for him right now. If he refuses, well then in that case I’m sure someone else will be willing to take the offer.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This informational story goes out to Clay Worst first and Apachegold for asking because I’m done with my research on the LDM and moving on to another treasure. Good luck on the venture!!

A descendant, nephew, of Jacob Weiser discovered a lost journal in which Weiser states that Carlos Peralta’s family found a decipher stone map at the bottom of the superstitious mountains which they transcribed into a journal. He used this map and knowledge of the whereabouts of the lost mine to strike a partnership deal. Beale by default is probably the creator of the stone to include that the stones carry information pertaining to Virginia. The southern Chiricahua Indians used to approach the mine from the east at the high point of the canyon. From there you could spot the changing face of the canyon which the sun changes throughout the day. The face has to large circular shaded areas that look like two eyes and a triangular looking nose. The facial clue was located at the top of the decipher map that Waltz gave Julia Roberts. The mine is so hidden that even if you find this place you might miss it if you don’t follow the clues. Waltz bought a property on the north side of the salt river near a crossing that Beale used to bring down the gold to Virginia. His property was located in the same exact location as described on the decipher map and from there according to the map he was suppose to go north. The only thing that was north of him was the rock horse canyon image found on the map. The rock horse canyon consists of a horse’s neck and head made out of many large broken rocks. Waltz would sneak out towards the mine which laid to the northeast without no one knowing. He would hide his gold in his farm and in the superstitious mountains so nobody would find his secret mine. From there he could go to Phoenix through the mountains to sell gold or go south towards New Mexico to include east or northeast. What a guy!!!!! From the top of the mine you could see the needle towards the southwest and the four points that became one to include part of the military trail. Everything Waltz said was true he would go north and jumped two Indian trails until he got the one that lead to the rock horse canyon. Three mile before the canyon the trail would bend passing through a cow farm which is still there with no cows!! About three quarters of a mile before the canyon the trail would split in two taking the left hand trail leading into an Indian outlook post which was located below the top portion of a small ridge mountain saddle. This place is located in the Sierra mountains and not in the superstitious mountains. Directly to the west above the Indian lookout in the highest Sierra ridge, there used to be a fort. The only thing there now is some structure stones and all the trails plus their lookouts. The Indian lookout sits on a small cliff which has rocks on both sides and in the center is a circular turnabout with another pile of rocks in the center. Waltz call this Indian ruins and in the very front still lies the old cottonwood stand. This stand is just like a deer stand where he would stay for a day to spy on the mine because no one could see him. The next day he would go down the hill towards the southeast curving towards the north passing over the gravel bar right by Tewksbury spring to make sure no one was camping near by. He then proceeded towards the armor coral spring located west of the three red hills which are not very red anymore. He spent most of the day at the spring spying in all directions to make sure no one was coming. At night fall he would take the old Indian trail that leads to the top of the canyon . He would then spy on the canyon and rat hole from across the canyon opposite of the mine to make sure nobody was around. The mine sits in a crevice on the northwest canyon wall unable to be seen from above or below. You must locate the entrance to the top ledge and work your way around an extension where you could look up and see it. Waltz was not lying about the clues he mentioned and the rest is history! This is the area that you can claim as your own since you don’t have one. I could sow you the satellite images, but that would spoil the hunt and the excitement.

The same applies to treasure hunter John Cruise Wilkins who’s been looking for Oliver Levasseur’s treasure in a place that he will never find it even if he has his heart set on it. I can give him the location of the treasure if he asks for it!! For free !!!! No finders fee unless he decides to give me some? An offer no treasure hunter should refuse, so can some please, if you know John let him know that the offer is on the table and waiting for him right now. If he refuses, well then in that case I’m sure someone else will be willing to take the offer.

WOW....that has to be the smartest solve of anything I've ever seen before. Beale"s stone cipher map must have been a very exciting discovery for him to make. Can you share a picture of it, because I need some treasure to show all my friends, who are smarter than me and won't believe I found anything unless I show it to them. I'm not exactly sure about where these superstitious mountains are, but I'm sure if he could find them, I could too. It's ok if you don't show me your pics. I don't like to look at satellite pictures anyways, because they make my eyes ache and I can't tell what I'm looking at. Maybe you can help me with these pictures I took from a satellite....even if it spoils my hunt a little bit.
GE WTF.jpg

There's a couple of strange looking things in the pics, but I can't figure out what they are....

GE WTF 2.jpg

I've been to Phoenix a few times myself. I was at a place called Tortilla Flat when I decided to climb up a big mountain just behind the Saloon out there. They say some guy named Waltz, who had a gold mine somewhere, and another guy named Weiser used to stop in there for a burger and a drink or two on their way to his mine. I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what it said on a sign outside, so I decided to go somewhere up high, where I could look around and see if I could spot the mine from there. Sad to say, I didn't see any mines, and I didn't find any gold either. But I remembered reading about a heart somewhere, and could see one to the south of a big lake from that place. So I took a picture and climbed back down. Once I got back home, I went on Google Earth to see what the heart looked like in their pictures. Those are the ones I can't figure out....
This is from the one I took with my own camera....

DSCF1043 Sleeper Vent 1.jpg

I don't think it's a mine. Something from a volcano maybe.
Did that Beale guy say anything about a volcano ??

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread