Clay Worst search area
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Clay Worst search area

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Matt

Aug 2012
    Tempe
    11 times
    Prospecting

Clay Worst search area

Hi All,

Iíve been watching some videos on YouTube about the mine and saw some with Clay Worst. Out of curiosity does he believe the mine is located in the western portion of the Supes? I know so many have directed their attention to the eastern part. Clay seems to keep his thought on the area of the mine to a small group of people like so many. I was just wondering where he thinks it might be located (general area) if anyone knows. Anyways thinking about hiking out to Lost Dutch canyon and Goat Canyon this weekend anyone know of anything out that direction that would cool to check out?

Thanks
    Matt
    Matthew Roberts likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    4013 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My good friend Clay Worst in the Superstition Mountains on a trip we took several years back searching for the Lost Dutchman goldmine. I took this photo of Clay on a high point of Peters Mesa with a famous landmark, Miners Needle, on the far horizon to the south. We camped in the area for several days and searched the surrounding mountains, canyons, washes and cliffs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1614103309171.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	1904648  
    Barber.., RTR, Steamboat and 7 others like this.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
    773 times
    Mr. Roberts.. thanks for the picture. very cool memory I am sure...

Apache... find your own search area..don't move in on decades of somebody else's work.. just saying....

us
    Dec 2008
    7706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgernaut View Post

Apache... find your own search area..don't move in on decades of somebody else's work.. just saying....
    clay never says where his area of interest is...and i've never asked him..i guess if he wanted me to know he'd tell me
    ApacheGold and dredgernaut like this.

us
    Matt

Aug 2012
    Tempe
    11 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Roberts View Post
    My good friend Clay Worst in the Superstition Mountains on a trip we took several years back searching for the Lost Dutchman goldmine. I took this photo of Clay on a high point of Peters Mesa with a famous landmark, Miners Needle, on the far horizon to the south. We camped in the area for several days and searched the surrounding mountains, canyons, washes and cliffs.

Matthew,

Very cool picture everytime I see pictures like this reminds me just how vast that wilderness is.
    Thanks for posting.

Matt
    Matthew Roberts likes this.

us
    Matt

Aug 2012
    Tempe
    11 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgernaut View Post

Dredgernaut,

I understand where you’re coming from many a men and women have put in countless hours searching and who am I to come along and ask where they think it is. I guess I was more asking if he had changed from searching the western portion of the wilderness to the eastern part seems like so many have done so. It was a harmless question I wasnt asking for specifics like what ravine he may think it resides. I’ve never actively searched for the mine but have enjoyed reading many books on the subject since I was young. I do hike the trails up there and will continue to do so because I love that country.

Matt

us
    Just some guy.

Jan 2012
    Kentucky
    110 times
    I've not met Mr. Worst, but from what I've saw of him on The Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains on youtube, I both like and respect him..
    I have nothing funny to say at this time, check back later.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
    773 times
    apache.. sorry if i sounded rough. not my intention.. however the point remains the same..

us
    Dec 2008
    7706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Barber.. View Post
    I've not met Mr. Worst, but from what I've saw of him on The Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains on youtube, I both like and respect him..
    your thoughts on clay are right on...he is one of the few in the dutch hunting community that can be trusted...a true gentleman...he is getting up there in age and he doesn't get out anymore but he still likes to talk about the ldm and the mountains...he has been here since the late 40's and is a wealth of information

us
    Dec 2008
    7706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheGold View Post
    Dredgernaut,

I understand where you’re coming from many a men and women have put in countless hours searching and who am I to come along and ask where they think it is. I guess I was more asking if he had changed from searching the western portion of the wilderness to the eastern part seems like so many have done so. It was a harmless question I wasnt asking for specifics like what ravine he may think it resides. I’ve never actively searched for the mine but have enjoyed reading many books on the subject since I was young. I do hike the trails up there and will continue to do so because I love that country.

Matt
    matt...no harm in your asking where a man is searching...i'll tell you this much...he does not believe the ldm is on the east side....

us
    Apr 2013
    Huntington Beach California
    4013 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1614127387831.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	276.2 KB 
ID:	1904757

I have many photos of Clay taken back in the Superstitions in camps and areas we were searching at the time. Many days and especially nights spent over a campfire talking about the old days, old timers and theories on where the mine and caches might be hidden. Those were good times, great memories and for me that was the real gold in those mountains.

This is Clays favorite photo and one of mine also. I took it near a siwash camp Clay and I had with Tortilla Mountain in the background. Clay would sometimes pack his mule Little Bit backinto the mountains. Clay was not only a fine hiker and all around mountain man, he was an expert packer also.

us
    Matt

Aug 2012
    Tempe
    11 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    matt...no harm in your asking where a man is searching...i'll tell you this much...he does not believe the ldm is on the east side....
    AZDave35,

Thank you for the response whether it’s on the east or west side that’s a lot of ground to cover to find it.

Matt

us
    Just some guy.

Jan 2012
    Kentucky
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    your thoughts on clay are right on...he is one of the few in the dutch hunting community that can be trusted...a true gentleman...he is getting up there in age and he doesn't get out anymore but he still likes to talk about the ldm and the mountains...he has been here since the late 40's and is a wealth of information
    Oh it comes through on the video's that he is a good guy, and that he knows what he is talking about.. I'd love to meet him one of these days, just to listen to the stories he could tell..
    I have nothing funny to say at this time, check back later.

Feb 2018
    122 times
    I wish Clay and Matthew Roberts would write a book based on their experiences. That would be a treasure all by its self.

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2371 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Clay is really a nice stand up guy. He goes out of his way to avoid saying anything bad about anyone and doesn't involve himself in gossip or other such things. He's just one of the classiest people I've ever met. He's getting up there in years, but he still exudes enthusiasm when talking about the Superstitions and searching for the LDM - he's still like a teenager in an elderly man's body.
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links