Doc Thorne gold...Is it an easier legend than the LDM - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Doc Thorne gold...Is it an easier legend than the LDM

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    May 2007
    6421 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    Now I'm confused. I can't recognize what are you looking for.
    LOL........Waltz told Julia and Rhiney that they would pass by a old adobe foundation near the head of the canyon.
    Just a foundation.....no walls. What would you be looking for ?
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by somehiker View Post
    LOL........Waltz told Julia and Rhiney that they would pass by a old adobe foundation near the head of the canyon.
    Just a foundation.....no walls. What would you be looking for ?
    I believe Waltz said " near the mouth of the canyon ", the lower part where the canyon ends in a valley or in another canyon. I read many times posters to use the " head " of the canyon as the lower part. I believe is a mistake to be used like this.
    Yes, there was/is a stone fundation close to the mouth of the canyon. Like I wrote many times, the most important clue that someone should looking for, is the horse/horse head landmark, which unfortunately could be seen only from a single specific spot at a specific time of the day and from about two miles afar.
    While approaching the horse, at about half mile afar, someone can recognize the heart embeded on the warrior's landmark face. While approaching the region of the heart and looking around, someone would stumble upon the ruin of the two roofless rooms mentioned in LDM clues, which in reality are the ruins of two bell's towers. They are each about 3'x3' inside and IMO this was the reason Waltz couldn't use them as a shelter.
    Last edited by markmar; Jul 11, 2021 at 11:43 AM.
    Marius

" There are many doors in and out of the mnts,but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.
    Do you possess the knowledge of the spirit to let you enter them? " NP

us
    Apr 2013
    Maneadero baja California Mexico
    4576 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1626021249079.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	1936598 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1626021363759.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	1936599

Here is an actual real life find of a cache in the Superstitions. No blurry photographs or mystery locations.
    The find was made in the 1920's before the Adolph Ruth craze began. The location is the east side of Peters Mesa in a side canyon that feeds down into Peters canyon creek.

Two prospectors discovered the walled up cache hole when a fire burned away brush and cactus that had been covering the entrance. Inside was found several items of interest among them an old Patterson 5 shot revolver, rusted solid but fully loaded and ready to fire.

Above the cache hole was a rock formation in the shape of a man's head, face. The rock formation was obviously the key to relocating the cache for whoever cached those items. It can be sighted from quite a distance away. This is how I believe the Spanish, Mexicans, Waltz and others would have cached their items, not elaborate 100 feet high markers with difficult to follow directions.

ca
    May 2007
    6421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Roberts View Post

Name:	FB_IMG_1626021249079.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	1936598 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1626021363759.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	1936599

Here is an actual real life find of a cache in the Superstitions. No blurry photographs or mystery locations.
    The find was made in the 1920's before the Adolph Ruth craze began. The location is the east side of Peters Mesa in a side canyon that feeds down into Peters canyon creek.

Two prospectors discovered the walled up cache hole when a fire burned away brush and cactus that had been covering the entrance. Inside was found several items of interest among them an old Patterson 5 shot revolver, rusted solid but fully loaded and ready to fire.

Above the cache hole was a rock formation in the shape of a man's head, face. The rock formation was obviously the key to relocating the cache for whoever cached those items. It can be sighted from quite a distance away. This is how I believe the Spanish, Mexicans, Waltz and others would have cached their items, not elaborate 100 feet high markers with difficult to follow directions.
    Any idea who the cache belonged to Matt ?
    Or what the other items were ?

ca
    May 2007
    6421 times
    I believe Waltz said " near the mouth of the canyon ", the lower part where the canyon ends in a valley or in another canyon. I read many times posters to use the " head " of the canyon as the lower part. I believe is a mistake to be used like this.
    Yes, there was/is a stone fundation close to the mouth of the canyon. Like I wrote many times, the most important clue that someone should looking for, is the horse/horse head landmark, which unfortunately could be seen only from a single specific spot at a specific time of the day and from about two miles afar.
    While approaching the horse, at about half mile afar, someone can recognize the heart embeded on the warrior's landmark face. While approaching the region of the heart and looking around, someone would stumble upon the ruin of the two roofless rooms mentioned in LDM clues, which in reality are the ruins of two bell's towers. They are each about 3'x3' inside and IMO this was the reason Waltz couldn't use them as a shelter.
    I'm not going to argue the relativity of either term, although a professional topographer might.
    Do you remember what else Waltz had to say about the foundation ?

Hearts, warrior landmark, and a horse/horse head that can only be seen under specific conditions ??
    Bell towers......where and when did JW mention anything about stuff like that ?
    And to who ?

Another photo some may find interesting and related to the rock like a man clue IMO. Not blurry, tho I guess Matt could say I took it in a mystery location.... where I left one trail to follow another.

Name:	100_0327 rock man clue.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	1936676

us
    Apr 2013
    Maneadero baja California Mexico
    4576 times
    Any idea who the cache belonged to Matt ?
    Or what the other items were ?
    There was nothing to positively identify who may have cached the items.
    Some of the other things cached were a home made butcher knife, a sharpening stone, some tools that went with the Patterson revolver, an iron wedge,........
    All the items were in a box hidden in the cache. There was no way to date when the cache was made. Everything could easily have been from the 1870 - 1890 era.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    1384 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Some of the other things cached were a home made butcher knife, a sharpening stone, some tools that went with the Patterson revolver, an iron wedge,........
    All the items were in a box hidden in the cache. There was no way to date when the cache was made. Everything could easily have been from the 1870 - 1890 era.
    Interesting Matt

The person who claimed he found it didn't happen to be from Texas, Just wondering!

And no to a regular guy making monumental large monuments to cache a treasure! Not even a guy named Travis would do that or have the means to do so,

Babymick1

ca
    May 2007
    6421 times
    !870-1890 does fall within JW's timeline. Since the cache included an iron wedge,...... and other mining tools ? I will assume the finder, as well as yourself believe that it may have been left by old Jake himself.
    While I haven't spent very much of my time out there in search of Waltz's mine, on those few days where I have done some hiking out that way, that general area is where I would expect the mine to be found someday.
    Here's 3 shots I got on one of my more recent hikes.....

Name:	DSCF1254.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	1936893

Name:	DSCF1256.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	1936894

Name:	DSCF1255.jpg 
Views:	92 
ID:	1936895

The photos I posted earlier in the thread were also taken out that way.

us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    3704 times
    LDM
    Yes, you were in the right area, but like others who went few feet from where they believed to be their spot and haven't been able to find something, you found nothing.
    A Greek proverb says: " Many donkeys look the same " , so this means how many clues look the same but are not the accurate mentioned by the original author.
    And what is wrong to be all in the same region? Can you prove the contrary?

PS

You are much confused if you believe I'm confused. And you will be still confused until the end of your research.
    Markmar,
    I?m not somehiker, but you arrogance is something else.
    You were shown proof that your spot is not home to all, but you choose to ignore clues that don?t fit your spot.
    The 4 peaks clue is real, I have seen it. But because it does not fit your spot, you brush it off.

According to Waltz, you are barking up the wrong tree.
    nobodie and somehiker like this.

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahodutch View Post
    Markmar,
    I?m not somehiker, but you arrogance is something else.
    You were shown proof that your spot is not home to all, but you choose to ignore clues that don?t fit your spot.
    The 4 peaks clue is real, I have seen it. But because it does not fit your spot, you brush it off.

According to Waltz, you are barking up the wrong tree.
    Idahodutch

I'm not barking. I'm a lion.
    coazon de oro likes this.
    Marius

" There are many doors in and out of the mnts,but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.

Nov 2015
    434 times
    !870-1890 does fall within JW's timeline. Since the cache included an iron wedge,...... and other mining tools ? I will assume the finder, as well as yourself believe that it may have been left by old Jake himself.
    While I haven't spent very much of my time out there in search of Waltz's mine, on those few days where I have done some hiking out that way, that general area is where I would expect the mine to be found someday.
    Here's 3 shots I got on one of my more recent hikes.....

Name:	DSCF1254.jpg 
Views:	94 
ID:	1936893

Name:	DSCF1256.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	1936894

Name:	DSCF1255.jpg 
Views:	92 
ID:	1936895

The photos I posted earlier in the thread were also taken out that way.
    Nice pics. I'm jelly. Wish I could get out there. Time isn't making my back any better. Soon enough tho. Love them mntns.

ca
    May 2007
    6421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc4261 View Post
    Nice pics. I'm jelly. Wish I could get out there. Time isn't making my back any better. Soon enough tho. Love them mntns.
    Know how ya feel. No matter how many days I spend out there, I'm always looking forward to the next.

us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    3704 times
    LDM
    Idahodutch

I'm not barking. I'm a lion.
    Good morning Markmar,
    Barking up the wrong tree, is a saying..... like coon hunting with using a dog or dogs to chase down and eventually tree the raccoon. Once they tree the coon, the dogs stay at the bottom barking.

No matter if lion or dog, the coon is in a different tree
    The point was, according to Waltz, the LDM location offers a view that can only be seen from a certain spot. That spot is not in the region you are looking.

Doesn?t mean you came up empty, but to be real LDM region, you need the view of Four Peaks as one peak, which means Four Peaks is visible from correct LDM region. No matter what you decide to believe, is irrelevant. In reality, things are, what they are.

You want to find the coon with a lion.... good luck.
    somehiker and coazon de oro like this.

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahodutch View Post
    Good morning Markmar,
    Barking up the wrong tree, is a saying..... like coon hunting with using a dog or dogs to chase down and eventually tree the raccoon. Once they tree the coon, the dogs stay at the bottom barking.

No matter if lion or dog, the coon is in a different tree
    The point was, according to Waltz, the LDM location offers a view that can only be seen from a certain spot. That spot is not in the region you are looking.

Doesn?t mean you came up empty, but to be real LDM region, you need the view of Four Peaks as one peak, which means Four Peaks is visible from correct LDM region. No matter what you decide to believe, is irrelevant. In reality, things are, what they are.

You want to find the coon with a lion.... good luck.
    I believe you understood wrong what I have posted in regards to the Four Peaks which could be seen from the LDM saddle. You have to go back and re-read what I have wrote then about this subject. Read it well and after come back to tell me what you have understood and if I ever wrote from there are not visible the Four Peaks.
    I never denied the Four Peaks clue, but the only opinion I have offered , was the Four (4 ) Peaks could never line and could not be visible as one peak from any angle.
    Your theory is, is enough to see one of the four peaks to be at the correct spot. There is a big gap between what Waltz wanted to say and what you adopted in regards to convince us your theory apply in the correct region.
    coazon de oro likes this.
    Marius

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5738 times
    Idahodutch

Here you go Looking for a story, post #24.
    Marius

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links