passing of rick gwynne

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update Dave.
My sympathies to his family and friends.

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to you and to Rick's family. Had the pleasure of having a conversation with him at a couple of the rendezvous.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real shame to hear :(. Rick was a heck of an interesting person to talk to as he definitely walked the talk. He'll be missed and my condolences to his family

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i never knew the man personally. but his name left a mark in the sups.. sorry for the loss to all..

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to thinking it would be nice for those folks who never had the opportunity to meet or talk to Rick to see an image of him. I have some photos from past Rendezvous, but didn't have time to dig through to find a good one so I found this as image grab from an online video.

Rick was very recognizable and he had memorable attributes - at least to me he did. I hardly ever saw him without a smile on his face, even when he was having pretty tough health issues. Even though he and I only met and spoke a dozen or so times he always remembered my name and he had a great habit of referring to people as "buddy" when talking to them.

If anyone has photos of Rick to share here, I think it would be a pretty cool tribute to the man.
attachment.php

Attachments

• rick gwynne.JPG
    rick gwynne.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 289

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
Rick is very ill but has not passed away.
He is hospitalized in Glendale. I spoke to Sara who flew in to be with him.
Phil Reinhardt

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Rick is very ill but has not passed away.
He is hospitalized in Glendale. I spoke to Sara who flew in to be with him.
Phil Reinhardt
i just got a call saying rick is still with us....i had heard yesterday from a couple different guys rick had passed....my apologies go out to his family for my post....i would retract it but tnet is not letting me edit it....again....rick is still with us and i'm sorry if i upset anyone in his family...say a few prayers for rick that he does pull through

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just got a call saying rick is still with us....i had heard yesterday from a couple different guys rick had passed....my apologies go out to his family for my post....i would retract it but tnet is not letting me edit it....again....rick is still with us and i'm sorry if i upset anyone in his family...say a few prayers for rick that he does pull through

Hey Dave - good news and I hope he pulls through whatever he's dealing with!! My guess is if you contact one of the administrators they'll delete this series of posts for you.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IS good to hear.
I'd say leave it all up. Rick might feel a bit better in seeing how so many respect him and have enjoyed their times spent with him at the Rendezvous as well as out in the mountains.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave. no apologies needed around here... we are happy to hear that he is still alive.. were all hoping he can pull through.. best wishes to the man..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread