Lost over 60 years ago. Owner just found. How cool is that!

K

KirkTN

Hi All,

Just a neat little story I wanted to share. I found a good luck token back last summer in an old elementary/middle school yard across from my home. The school was built in 1922. The front of the Token reads "Glenn Pritchett Gordonsville" Just for kicks I searched the net and found Glenn. He is a Minister and there was a place to email him. I did and he emailed me back. The piece was infact his and was lost when he was a boy going to school there. Come to find out, he is the older Brother of Mutt Pritchett, the Gentleman who gave me permission to hunt.They Both went to elementary and middle school there. The following is what I found on the internet..Seems Glenn has had a remarkable life.

Glenn Pritchett, born March 11, 1934, was reared on a farm in Smith County, Brush Creek, Tennessee and graduated from Gordonsville High School and Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, Tennessee. From 1952 until 1976, he worked for U.S.D.A. Soil Conservation Service, Multigraph Corp., Revlon, Inc. and McBee Systems. In 1976, he founded and operated Pritchett Business Systems (PBS) in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee until 1983.He was baptized into Christ on October 7, 1975 and attended the Great Commission School and Nashville School of Preaching until May, 1983. He preached in Virginia for five years and in Summitville, Tennessee for six years, followed by five months at Rome in Smith County. He then returned to Virginia where he preached for seven years, until January, 2002. While there he installed computers, trained operators, and did computer repair and software instruction for an automobile parts distributor. Glenn has conducted Gospel Meetings in Wyoming, Montana and Hawaii. His wife Ruth is a homemaker and they have four children. Glenda McKinney, Terry Pritchett, Loree Houghton, and Sandy Pritchett. Glenn and Ruth have three grandchildren and one great-grandson.

(email I sent to Glenn)
To: [email protected]ubject: Brush Creek TN School yard Find Hi Glenn, I think I may have found a good luck token from your boyhood here in Brush Creek while metal detecting the old ball field. It says Glenn Pritchett Gordonsville. My daughter and I found you on the internet. I am attaching a picture of the piece found. You have had a remarkable life from what I have read. I just thought it would be neat if you were the right person. Please let us know. Sincerely Kirk Roth Brush Creek TN

(email from Glenn)
Man, you something else!!! You went to a lot of trouble to find me and send me this picture.I am Mutt Pritchett's brother. I talked to him just now and he said he knew you and that you man a metal detector. I really do appreciate your concern and would like to have the piece, just for kicks. If you would like, you can contact Mutt. Thanks Glenn -------Original Message------- From: Kirk RothDate: 1/16/2009 9:21:00 PM

I plan to give it to Glenn's brother Mutt tomorrow after church.

Attachments

• Glenn Pritchett Good Luck Piece30.jpg
    Glenn Pritchett Good Luck Piece30.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,157

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: :thumbsup: absolutely wonderful

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
WTG..... :thumbsup: Just gives ya little prickles... :)
Good storey, good research and Great outcome

Regards

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a bit of history reconnected after 60 years --guess it really was a good luck piece

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread